Cultivated Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohooo :happydance:

That is so awesome!!!!!

You know.....since you are headed in the aggressive community tank direction. Why not do a dottyback? The orchids are gorgeous and brilliantly colored :)

Perhaps. I'm really digging the whole "dirt cheap" fish that are still colorful. I paid $2.99 for dotty, I'm pretty jazzed that my entire 10 fish plan will cost $31.69. :lol:

Dottybacks are really pretty though. :)

Perhaps. I'm really digging the whole "dirt cheap" fish that are still colorful. I paid $2.99 for dotty, I'm pretty jazzed that my entire 10 fish plan will cost $31.69. :lol:

Dottybacks are really pretty though. :)

You know...after I made that suggestion I remembered the reason for damsels was the cheap cost!!!!! Orchids aren't cheap. I think I paid $30 on sale. Stick with the colorful cheap guys :)

I might get one for the 75.

And I know sexing damsels is hard but a rounded pelvic fin can be a sign of it being female, so you got it right :)

And I have to say I am really liking my first Dascyllus genus damsel. I've never kept them before :happydance:

I'm so glad you like her :happy:

I've always been fond of their striking colors. They are definitely my favorite damsel. Now I want to set up a FOWLR. Stocked with 1 domino and 1 yellow tang :)

Can you do a video of Dotty? When you have the time :)

It's the one downside of the black background. This is my first almost completely black fish so I've never ran into it before. She's a lot easier to see in person though.

And yeah, damsels are great, they withstand a lot of param swings, can take no acclimation period*, survive the cycle*, eat almost anything, are colorful, and always active. :)

*I don't endorse either activity.

I can't wait to see how the tank will look all filled in. :happydance:

It's the one downside of the black background. This is my first almost completely black fish so I've never ran into it before. She's a lot easier to see in person though.

And yeah, damsels are great, they withstand a lot of param swings, can take no acclimation period*, survive the cycle*, eat almost anything, are colorful, and always active. :)

*I don't endorse either activity.

I can't wait to see how the tank will look all filled in. :happydance:

They sound like the perfect fish compared to how touchy everything else is. I'm glad you're finally excited about fish again. Luckily my fish are all doing well, but I keep worrying that something is going to go terribly wrong. I've actually had nightmares that all my fish died. What is this hobby doing to me? :lol:

Andy is doing well though and man does he have a HUGE personality. I'm glad you had such cute starries or I never would have thought to get one. He's currently hunting for algae (of which I have very little) so I'm going to feed him and Belle some more spirulina flakes. I've been feeding them spirulina and nori constantly to keep the two of them happy.

I'm glad he's doing well :)

Throw him some meaty stuff every now and then. Mine always loved Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef flakes.

I tried adding my own for a few videos and every time YouTube removed it for infringement, which is fine, I understand why they do that. But I've just been using the iMovie stock music because I don't have to worry about it being muted.

I'm glad he's doing well :)

Throw him some meaty stuff every now and then. Mine always loved Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef flakes.

I feed frozen shrimp, cyclops, pellets, and/or meaty flakes once a day but I've just supplemented that with more algae.

It's looked like that for about a month. But there's not been any receding flesh. I think it just gets too much light right there and I need to move to to the sand bed.

I feed frozen shrimp, cyclops, pellets, and/or meaty flakes once a day but I've just supplemented that with more algae.

Well aren't your fish spoiled? :P Once I get more fish I can try that gel food Mark got me for Secret Santa. :)

Well aren't your fish spoiled? :P Once I get more fish I can try that gel food Mark got me for Secret Santa. :)

My fish are so spoiled. I have frozen mysis, frozen brine, frozen cyclops, meaty flakes, two kinds of pellets, nori sheets, and spirulina flakes for them. Considering how spoiled Lily is though, this shouldn't be surprising.

Archived