Pod Your Reef

16g BowFront Thread...

tam

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lookin good lady harley! My tanks still a bit blah.. my pusling xenia disappeared over the weekend. Cant find it. Zoos are doing well though. Ill update with pics in a couple days

tam

Do you still have your Pseudochromis? How is he? You mts love those little guys a lot because I know once you get one you can't get any other fish!

• 1 month later...

Seems like folks are starting to discover the 16G BF, so I thought I would bump this thread, Nothing new in my tank, Ill post some pics today or tm. Gotta do a W/C tm

I've got a lot of new stuff since my last post. 70w MH upgrade to hood, some zoos, ricordea, montipora, six line wrasse. I have to get some pics up.

AReeferIsExpensive

looks nice guys....

i would be so afraid to have 3 ofem! my RBTA grows WAAAAAAAAAAY too fast in my 16 bow! right now im using a 96watt 50/50 but i have a 150w 20k thats waiting to be hung...ill link this thread and post some pics in a week or two...

i was using the the 96w quad but now i am using a 175w 10k ab bulb well i only have 1 rose now as i sold the other 2.

Sweet, I want to go with a double ended 150w hqi, but I can't afford it right now.

I dont know if JMT reads this thread, but anyone know what kind of light he has on his??

Oh yea, dont forget to post specs when those pics come up!

tam

• 3 weeks later...

Updated photos. Rescaped the tank, but its not as nice as it used to be, but theres more room in the front the tank which I wanted.

Front View

IMG_0442.jpg

Angled Front

IMG_0455.jpg

New JBJ powerhead

IMG_0452.jpg

great pictures so far everyone but lets see some more updated ones! I want to get more ideas so that i'll have an easier time when i set up my first tank in june. Most likely a 16g bow. Right now im just trying to get good deals on equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

Any other pics of a 16 bow? I hope to pick mine up this week. Still torn between the 10, 20H, and 16BF. Leaning toward the bow for looks though. Hoping to put 2x40 retro in the stock hood or a 2x36 bright kit retro. Though about the 2x40 orbit but it doesn't look like it seems to fit it cleanly.

hey guys... This is my tank after less than 2 months. Everything is looking good. I just love my BTA, probably as much as my clowns do. I need to get some more zoanthids. Yesterday I got some really nice blue mushrooms on a piece of rock covered in coraline algae.

P.S. 26 gallon is a very nice size, big enough to do what you want yet still easy to manage.

hey guys... This is my tank after less than 2 months. Everything is looking good. I just love my BTA, probably as much as my clowns do. I need to get some more zoanthids. Yesterday I got some really nice blue mushrooms on a piece of rock covered in coraline algae.

P.S. 26 gallon is a very nice size, big enough to do what you want yet still easy to manage.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a bump and an update. Got a new zoo frag, green fringe. Also got a small bubble tip anemone for 5 bucks! The frag for the same price too.

DSC01878.jpg

DSC01877.jpg

DSC01876.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

tam

I'd go with the MH if you can afford it, I'm trying to save up for an IceCap 150/250. Might do the 250 because for some reason the ballast is cheaper? I do have to agree with you on the rockuascaping, looks great.

Tam

ghostbear29

fantastic, I got a 16 AGA with brand new LR. you give me great inspiration for mine when the tank is finally calmed down. I'll get pics when i get the Cam back. Damn parents!

ghostbear29

hey guys, what the light situation so I can grow coral. yours is sooo cool. how much did you have to drop on it anyway. im stuck with a crappy 15w single stock light. help!

Most people in your situation would opt for a PowerQuad 96 watt PC. If you can afford it go metal halide. I'm still trying to upgrade from my 2x36 watts to MH but funds are lacking.

if you check the classified ads on this sight you may find some 70 watt MH retros. then you would have to either build a custom canopy, or have one built for you. probably about 200 bucks in the very least for that light set up.

Jason

Archived