ReefCleaners.org

Don't buy inverts from Drs. Foster and Smith!

cchardwick

cchardwick
Basic PC lighting isn't even moderate light, that's the point. You're so arrogant it's incredible.

Hey, I just realized you are the guy that tried to sell me that crappy metal halide that had been dragged behind a truck. Now I know what this is all about LOLOL.

And I just realized you're from New York, well how about those beans HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is getting really old. Three things wrong with this thread:

1. You need to grow up, and stop endangering animals just to impress your friends at work. It's just sad.

2. Your bad-mouthing a very reputable company just because you were to excited to read the page. The wording under the picture was very clear and easy to read, and stood out of the background fairly well.

3. The last one is simple: that we actually tried to communicate with him. He's clearly just going to ignore us, just like a little boy. These kind of child-like people have been seen multiple times on this board, usually ending in the same way: a mod coming down with the mighty ban-stick on him as well as whomever else strikes his/her fancy. It's as simple as calling PETA on his %$@. :)

cchardwick
This is getting really old. Three things wrong with this thread:

1. You need to grow up, and stop endangering animals just to impress your friends at work. It's just sad.

2. Your bad-mouthing a very reputable company just because you were to excited to read the page. The wording under the picture was very clear and easy to read, and stood out of the background fairly well.

3. The last one is simple: that we actually tried to communicate with him. He's clearly just going to ignore us, just like a little boy. These kind of child-like people have been seen multiple times on this board, usually ending in the same way: a mod coming down with the mighty ban-stick on him as well as whomever else strikes his/her fancy. It's as simple as calling PETA on his %$@. :)

Dude, don't you have some multiplication tables you need to be learning right now?

Dude, don't you have some multiplication tables you need to be learning right now?

"Dude", don't you realize that your immature?

Reported for personal attack

cchardwick
"Dude", don't you realize that your immature?

I was just thinking the same thing about every single thread on this forum. This is one of the worst forums I've ever seen in my life, you guys only post something good every 20 posts, all the rest is crap. It's so bad people don't even make it through the threads, this whole website should be deleted.

I cant believe I just read a whole 1/4 of this thread :blink:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :lol::lol::lol:

I didnt read enough of this to figure out if you did something bad or not...

...but if you dont like NR IDKGTFO?

LarryMoeCurly

Its mostly the lounge thats crap, the general forum can be really helpful if your not so controversial and reluctant to listen to good advice. :D

sogreedy23

It was salt spray, moran and you were getting a bangin deal on it. I've taken issue with your sh1t from the very first thread you had because you're an arrogant knowitall prick. Look back, I've been trying you help your crappy set ups since the start and I always try to help.

You act like you're pushing the envelope and revolutionizing the industry with your water change system but it's been done and there's a reason an overwhelming majority DON'T do it that way. Go back to learning how to take care of reefs from your LFS that you constantly reference. Hope you continue to get scammed in your endeavors, that's a direct product of your arrogance. Also hope your inhabitants break out Nemo style because you're just killing them slowly.

I'd usually end this with "good luck" but I wish you none of it. Waste of time, leave the forum you're really just annoying as sh1t.

I didnt read enough of this to figure out if you did something bad or not...

3 stars in a 6 gallon as well as a long tentacled anemone with pc lighting and 2 clowns.

Hmmm youre right that is stupid. Everyone knows that you need to keep stars in groups of 4 :lol:

...but really that is a pretty stupid move. Not saying it's impossible; you could possibly do it with incredibly diligent husbandry and frequent manual splitting, but it's not going to be a picnic I can tell you that.

cchardwick
Hmmm youre right that is stupid. Everyone knows that you need to keep stars in groups of 4 :lol:

...but really that is a pretty stupid move. Not saying it's impossible; you could possibly do it with incredibly diligent husbandry and frequent manual splitting, but it's not going to be a picnic I can tell you that.

I was thinking groups of eight. drunk.gif

Manual splitting, now there's an idea.....and I have just the starfish to try it on.

trek.gif

The starfish just needs more light to color up.

Anyone have the OP's avatar gif? I lost mine when my computer Not-A-Mac crapped out.

This is from Drs Foster and Smith:

QUICK STATS

Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons

Care Level: Moderate

Temperament: Semi-aggressive

Reef Compatible: Yes

Lighting: Moderate

Look at all the forums on the internet and you'll see that the long tentacle anemone is the hardiest one out there, in fact I got it from a tank with 150ppm nitrates and it was still looking pretty good, at least compared to all the other nems in the tank. These things are tough. True it will outgrow the tank eventually, but then I'll just move it to a bigger tank and get a replacement for my 6g. I'll just use my 6g as my quarantine / in transit tank before it goes into a larger tank. That way I can quarantine and it will change things up in the office tank.

FTFY.

You forgot to bold one of the lines.

I was thinking groups of eight. drunk.gif

Manual splitting, now there's an idea.....and I have just the starfish to try it on.

trek.gif

I was talking about the nem

Ditch two of your starfish and upgrade your lighting. With direct feeding to your star and nem you might be able to do it.

No promises though.

Just wait till his salt mix is off and he does a 100% change with it...

And whats with the multiplication tables? Im not grownup (in my mind anyways) and I have completed advanced calculus in college as well as engineering math. Got to get some better material "dude" if your going to be able to hold your own in this place. ;)

Matt

Bongo Shrimp

Those Fromia stars have a terrible track record as it is and I'm pretty sure that nobody knows for sure what they eat. So having one is a challenge, let alone in a small tank with more than one.

In fact I stumbled upon this yesterday

I have published work on echinoderms, yes. However my echinoderm research is all focused on sub-Arctic sea urchins, not sea stars. Lucky for you I know several sea star researchers. And lucky for you I wanted to buy a Fromia for my 115g a few months ago and got some info on them straight from the authorities.

Fromia have diets very similar to most fringe zone benthic sea stars. They eat a variety of naturally occurring microorganisms on the sand bed, including amphipods, various worms, and especially clams and bivalves. In an aquarium setting they will scavenge for goodies all over the tank, though they like to stick to the sand more than rockwork/glass (which they will venture on to occasionally). They need a lot of food - some sea stars can eat several times their body weight PER DAY. This is why most of them starve to death in aquariums. Starvation can take several months, but it almost always happens in nanos simply because there isn't enough sand to house a sustainable buffet. You would certainly have to feed them suppliments. The best is fresh oysters, soaked in a vitamin supplement (anything for inverts will work) cut into small chunks and placed right underneath the star (they move slow). They also make little food disk things commercially that you can try, though fresh works best. Another thing to keep in mind is that they have a very short lifespan in captivity. Most will never make it to 2 years, despite being fed. They're tough in nanos simply because of their food demands... it can really spike your nites and phos levels. Also, they can get 6" or more, so not really suitable for the smaller nanos.

Hopefully that helps :)

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=3301557

Archived