SaltCritters.com

Don't buy inverts from Drs. Foster and Smith!

cchardwick

Psychosis

No one can say you aren't loyal, N-R.

Personally, I think what you have looks cool. Pleasing pattern.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnmaloney

I think filing fraudulent credit card disputes is theft personally. I know it is popular way to deal with transactions that dont make you happy, but it is like going back to the store without returning your item or anything like that and snatching the money out of the register when no one is looking. If they didnt ship you a package or ripped you off and wont return the money that is another thing, but b/c you got the right member of the right genus, but a color you didnt want....I wouldnt do it personally but I guess that is your call.

Are you going to go for the shipping money back too?

These are probably not going to survive anyway. YOu need a large enough and very well mature tank to be able to keep them alive.

CastorTroy2150

IMO,

He did order the wrong thing, maybe he was confused and didn'y "Take" the gamble. I have ordered things online in this same manor on different sites(not fish related) and ordered the wrong thing based on crappy layout of advertising. What is the point in having 2 pages anyway? Why couldn't the option be on the same page to select a color, and if you dont make a color selection, you pay 19.99 instead of 29.99. And why isnt the disclaimer," Due to variations within species, your item may not look identical to the image provided." in the main discription, in big black bold lettering. I will tell you why, its an advertising grey area that is sneaky and ridiculous They may have excellent customer service, but everyone knows the fine print is always a cop out for the retailer, if they werent scared about it scaring people off from buying it, they would put that info in the main description. And part of good customer service is trying to make the customer happy if they made a mistaken purchase, when your advertising made it confusing. There is some shared blame here, they should send the other 2 red ones. Im willing to bet that if we asked 20 people that ordered from the site, those who ,"took the gamble" never got anything other than a brown star, and those who paid for the orange or red did get what they paid extra for. :rolleyes: I agree that he got what he ordered and shouldnt ask for a return. But he should be able to get at least on red or organge star.

Additionally, if your taking the "Gamble" then why is the pictured star BRIGHT RED?! Shouldnt there be a orange and brown one pictured too? To me, Bright red star pic only, small print disclaimer, IS TECHNICALLY not false advertising, but it is a bit shady. Put the correct material in the right places, otherwise its kinda like false or misleading advertising. :slap:

Blue Demp
I snorted :lol:

Lesson:

Anytime you buy livestock online, even if it is wysiwyg, there is a risk that what you expect to receive may not match up with what you actually receive. That's just the gamble you take. If you are picky (like me...I'm horribly picky) it's probably best just to stick w/ the local fish stores.

This made me laugh as well. I too don't think you have a case... I've ordered from Liveaquaria many times and never had a problem with them. You should of read the description carefully.

Additionally, if your taking the "Gamble" then why is the pictured star BRIGHT RED?! Shouldnt there be a orange and brown one pictured too? To me, Bright red star pic only, small print disclaimer, IS TECHNICALLY not false advertising, but it is a bit shady. Put the correct material in the right places, otherwise its kinda like false or misleading advertising. :slap:

I think most people only look at pictures when ordering. If it were in the description it more than likely would have been overlooked. The fact that the statement is directly under the picture shows to me that LiveAquaria is actually making an effort. The fact that it is gray instead of black makes it stand out amongst the other text on the page another. +1 I do agree that pictures of the other color variations should be displayed on the page as well.

@cc

In my personal opinion you blew this out of proportion too quickly. If you had contacted then calmly and professionally they may have done something for you. What's the old adage? You can attract more flies with honey than vinegar? I've heard many great things about LiveAquaria's customer service and how they've gone above and beyond to accomodate their customers.

Hell you could have gone another route and thrown it in the NC6 and watch it die. 14-day arrive AND STAY ALIVE policy. Not saying it's ethical but it's an option since you've not posted anything regarding a 150 gallon tank setup and that's probably what would have ended up happening anyway.

What's the real point in throwing a few starfish in the NC6 anyway? Just to show off at work? What if it dies, are you gonna lie and say you took it home? That's like renting a Bentley to drive to work and show off for a day, come tomorrow you're gonna be pullin' up in the same beat up old truck you've always had.

(I use a beat up truck in the example because of my beat up truck that drive everyday. I don't care what kind of car you really drive.)

You really went about this the wrong way and the fact that you want to file a claim to have your money returned is absurd IMO. This isn't a scam at all...you're just a whining idiot. It's the same as saying McDonalds makes you fat.

Also, the fact that you have been hit by scams numerous times before does nothing to prove a point here other than exemplify the fact that you're a gullible clown. Don't punish a great website with fantastic customer service because you bought something and ended up not liking it. The fact that you wanted 3 big starfish in a 6g is also pretty ridiculous.

Also, this is a pretty rough website sometimes but I think people are being far too nice about this situation as you've gone out of your way to bash DFS because of your own negligence. Sour and immature.

driftsaru
You really went about this the wrong way and the fact that you want to file a claim to have your money returned is absurd IMO. This isn't a scam at all...you're just a whining idiot. It's the same as saying McDonalds makes you fat.

Also, the fact that you have been hit by scams numerous times before does nothing to prove a point here other than exemplify the fact that you're a gullible clown. Don't punish a great website with fantastic customer service because you bought something and ended up not liking it. The fact that you wanted 3 big starfish in a 6g is also pretty ridiculous.

Also, this is a pretty rough website sometimes but I think people are being far too nice about this situation as you've gone out of your way to bash DFS because of your own negligence. Sour and immature.

+1 to dustin, wheres JBM so HE can chime in? HA

My harlequin shrimp will take care of this problem and I promise he doesn't care what color, size or shape it is....nom nom nom :happydance:

CastorTroy2150
This made me laugh as well. I too don't think you have a case... I've ordered from Liveaquaria many times and never had a problem with them. You should of read the description carefully.

He DID read the DESCRIPTION carefully, it was the non-black, light grey that almost blends in with the background fine print that he missed :closedeyes: . The discription says NOTHING about multiple colors,etc... :huh: Don't think he has the right to file fraud or anything like that ,but they should work with him a little bit, no refund should be issued...maybe at least 1 red star would suffice? :huh: The DISCRIPTION clearly states and I quote(and on the assorted order page),

"Assorted Marble Sea Stars range from a deep red to orange, and both the central disc and the arms are mottled in a lighter coloration to cream, giving them a marbled look."

NO mention of brown being an option in the actual Description, and even though in the specs box it mentions the color can be brown, the whole thing is contradictary(sp?)....sounds like of the remaining unshipped stars, one should have been red or even both....

And when does a description like,"Due to variations within species, your item may not look identical to the image provided " lead someone to believe that the item will be a COMPLETELY different color, it implies a SLIGHT variation im markings.... IT should read,"Due to variations within species, your item may not look identical in color,marking, or size to the image provided."

Pickle010
He DID read the DESCRIPTION carefully

QUICK STATS

Care Level: Moderate

Temperament: Peaceful

Reef Compatible: Yes

Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025

Max. Size: 6"

Color Form: Orange, Red, Tan

Diet: Omnivore

Supplements: Iodine, Trace Elements

Compatibility: View Chart

Origin: Indonesia, Maldives, Papua New Guinea

Family: Ophidiasteridae

CastorTroy2150

That was the "Quick Stats", the DESCRIPTION write up COMPLETELY CONTRIDICTS THAT, seeing as it mentions that they are orange and red, not ONE mention of BROWN,TAN,POOP,DIRT, or Chocolate colored! :haha: I have found 3-4 contradictions in the listing that would confuse most people. Im not saying the guy should be flaming the store, they have a excellent track record, and I dont think he needs his money back. All I am saying is they could work a little....I would only assume if 3 are ordered, they could at least ensure that 1 is orange or red, seeing as most people would like those colors more. But hey, who am I to judge, if they give away to many reds and oranges to the assorted order crowd, how can they jack the price up 10.00 for the same invert simply based on the color. :rolleyes:

I would understand if this was a complete newbie, but he claims to have bought dry goods from DFS for 20 years. Someone with 20 days of reefing experience should have been able to figure this out, let alone someone with 20 years. Furthermore, it says "assorted". If he didn't think assorted was referring to the color, I'm not sure what he could have possibly been thinking it was.

sogreedy23
I would understand if this was a complete newbie, but he claims to have bought dry goods from DFS for 20 years. Someone with 20 days of reefing experience should have been able to figure this out, let alone someone with 20 years. Furthermore, it says "assorted". If he didn't think assorted was referring to the color, I'm not sure what he could have possibly been thinking it was.

The way he says things leads me to not believe he knows what he's talking about. He gets his info from what he sees at LFS, and I'm pretty sure the 6 gallon is his first reef that he proclaimed a huge success after only three weeks because we all said its a bad idea (cleaner shrimp, pair of clowns, long tentacle nem and now a starfish in a 6 gal NC). He's had experience keeping ciclids so he things he's queen bee around here. It's his mistake and he's being a kitten about how he's going on about it. Real kitten, IMO. There's no getting through to this clown though. He's just an arrogant prick, stubborn as a mule.

Bet no one knew he was on Family Guy

cchardwick

Wow, tough crowd here. No wonder there's only about ten people left on this forum LOL.

The advertisement should have had a photo of a brown starfish and said, "You will get some random starfish from one of our tanks".

:P

montipora
Wow, tough crowd here.

When you slander one of the best online vendors, claiming to be wronged and how your going to file a false CC dispute. Ya your probably going to catch some flak for it. Life lesson to read the fine print, or call them to verify what item you will get.

/threat.

sogreedy23
Wow, tough crowd here. No wonder there's only about ten people left on this forum LOL.

The advertisement should have had a photo of a brown starfish and said, "You will get some random starfish from one of our tanks".

:P

You would b1tch and moan if you didn't get the brown one you wanted then...same thing...

Let me guess what's going to happen next. Your overstocked, under lit, non-matured, under filtered tank is going to crash and it's going to be because "the crooked DFS site's incorrect starfish died and caused it".

cchardwick
Let me guess what's going to happen next. Your overstocked, under lit, non-matured, under filtered tank is going to crash and it's going to be because "the crooked DFS site's incorrect starfish died and caused it".

Nope, acutally I never had a tank crash, at least not since the 1970's.

Freshwater is not the same as a reef, especially a pico reef. There is MUCH less room for error. Shooting from the hip will only cause you frustration and financial pain in this hobby. The fact that you have 2 percula clowns, a long tentacle anemone, a cleaner shrimp, and now a fromia (soon to be 3 if you have your way) in a 6 gallon pico that's 1 month old is absurd. Not only are you overstocked, but your husbandry is horrible as well. I'm giving that anemone 2 months to live. Your tank isn't mature enough and you don't have adequate lighting. In fact, that's not even an anemone that perculas will host.

As much as your co-workers enjoy your tank now, I'm sure that will quickly change when it crashes and stinks up the entire office. Nobody would be giving you this much grief if you would have listened to EVERYONE's advice.

Deleted User 6

This thread disgusts me. All this crying about customer service and ordering and money and no one NO ONE AT ALL has stopped to think how this poor creature feels about everyone calling it ugly. How would you like it if I called YOU poop brown? You'd probably say I was racist or something. WELL YOU'RE BEING STARFISH RACIST. People like you all make me want to burn down Gaia's rainforests so this world will die faster. Stupid humans.

cchardwick
This thread disgusts me. All this crying about customer service and ordering and money and no one NO ONE AT ALL has stopped to think how this poor creature feels about everyone calling it ugly. How would you like it if I called YOU poop brown? You'd probably say I was racist or something. WELL YOU'RE BEING STARFISH RACIST. People like you all make me want to burn down Gaia's rainforests so this world will die faster. Stupid humans.

LOL NICE ONE!

The fact that you have 2 percula clowns, a long tentacle anemone, a cleaner shrimp, and now a fromia (soon to be 3 if you have your way) in a 6 gallon pico that's 1 month old is absurd. Not only are you overstocked, but your husbandry is horrible as well. I'm giving that anemone 2 months to live. Your tank isn't mature enough and you don't have adequate lighting. In fact, that's not even an anemone that perculas will host.

Dude, you are forgetting about my cotinuous water change system that changes 100% of the water every nine days. There's no way that tank will crash with that system installed, I'll bet you ten bucks. It's a system that virtually no one is familiar with in the industry and I'm putting it to the test, and I can guarantee it will handle this load if not more. By the way, a combination of compact fluresent, actinic and LED lighting is surely enough for a long tentacle, which only needs medium light according to just about every website you will see. He is feeding on brine and mysis shrimp twice a week and looks fantastic. And Percula will host long tentacles, just do a google image search. Please do your homework, thank you very much.

Don't feel bad though, all of the old reefers at work are scratching their head in amazment with eyes wide open and jaws dropping, drool everywhere. They can't believe their eyes when they see a month old heavily stocked tank that is thriving with perfect water conditions!

Here we go, we are getting side tracked again. I'm surprised the moderator hasn't locked this thread already, we are drifting way off the topic. My continuous water change system and 6 gallon nano-cube threads are on the other pages, we are mixing it all up.

dtfleming
LOL NICE ONE!

Dude, you are forgetting about my cotinuous water change system that changes 100% of the water every nine days. There's no way that tank will crash with that system installed, I'll bet you ten bucks. It's a system that virtually no one is familiar with in the industry and I'm putting it to the test, and I can guarantee it will handle this load if not more. By the way, a combination of compact fluresent, actinic and LED lighting is surely enough for a long tentacle, which only needs medium light according to just about every website you will see. He is feeding on brine and mysis shrimp twice a week and looks fantastic. And Percula will host long tentacles, just do a google image search. Please do your homework, thank you very much.

waits for failure

No guarantee that any clownfish will host an anemone, but wait you google image searched it

Archived