Coral Vue Hydros

15G tall nano Reef (My little piece of the Ocean)

naturalwonders

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely beautiful. Love the 'shroom garden you've got going on there. Looks very natural. I would LOVE to see a video of this tank.

naturalwonders

Merci,

Hahaha, funny thing you said, I actually was thinking about making a short video of it hahaha...hummm :happy:

Absolutely beautiful. Love the 'shroom garden you've got going on there. Looks very natural. I would LOVE to see a video of this tank.
doppelganger

This is an amazing tank. I love how simple it is yet still absolutely beautiful. It's really nice to see simple and elegant tanks when many of us have so much technology going into them now. Great job!

Beautiful. This style of tank is right up my alley, fancy techno gadgets are overrated. My old 10 was well on its way to being your tanks cousin when I lost almost everything during a move. This is precisely my goal with my new NC12.

Well done, and even though you've been a member for a few years, Welcome to Nano-reef. You should definitely post more often. Help me remind some of these kids that you don't need custom LEDs and an MP10 to have a successful nano!

+1 to the video suggestion.

naturalwonders

Thanks for the kind words :). And yes, I will try to be more active in the forum. There are so much to learn here.

BTW, I see you have fresh water tanks as well. I have several dwarf fresh water shrimp setups right now :).

Beautiful. This style of tank is right up my alley, fancy techno gadgets are overrated. My old 10 was well on its way to being your tanks cousin when I lost almost everything during a move. This is precisely my goal with my new NC12.

Well done, and even though you've been a member for a few years, Welcome to Nano-reef. You should definitely post more often. Help me remind some of these kids that you don't need custom LEDs and an MP10 to have a successful nano!

+1 to the video suggestion.

naturalwonders

Ah, couldn't find any Pom Pom Xenia or some Nuclear Green locally last weekend. Oh well, I don't think I have anymore space for those in my tank anyways :). Maybe for my other nano? LOL.

I've never seen Althing like your blue and blue/green shrooms before. Looks amazing I'm jealous. Hopefully mine will grow out like yours!

naturalwonders

Thanks mate. :lol:

I've never seen Althing like your blue and blue/green shrooms before. Looks amazing I'm jealous. Hopefully mine will grow out like yours!
naturalwonders

Oh, just want to share something that I thought it was cool took place in my tank awhile ago. The nice thing about it was that I was about to witness as it was happening. It was my anemone in the splitting process:

anemone-splitting-2.jpg

altolamprologus

I know this has been said before, but you have an AMAZING setup. I love when the corals have grown so much that you can no longer see the rock beneath :D btw, with the risk of getting yelled at by other members for talking about this on here, what freshwater setups do you have?

naturalwonders

Hahahaha, yes I have quite a few freshwater planted tanks with CRS, CBS, cherry shrimps, yellow shrimps, fire red shrimps and CPOs and such. I'm also keeping Neolamprologus Caudopunctatus. Love them.

IMG_3410-2.jpg

I know this has been said before, but you have an AMAZING setup. I love when the corals have grown so much that you can no longer see the rock beneath :D btw, with the risk of getting yelled at by other members for talking about this on here, what freshwater setups do you have?
altolamprologus
Hahahaha, yes I have quite a few freshwater planted tanks with CRS, CBS, cherry shrimps, yellow shrimps, fire red shrimps and CPOs and such. I'm also keeping Neolamprologus Caudopunctatus. Love them.

IMG_3410-2.jpg

wow you really love shrimp!! ever had tiger shrimp? they have to be one of the coolest looking freshwater shrimp, dare i say they even rival crystal reds...although SS quality CRS will always win IMO

edit: i love your neolamps! i have some N. brichardi but i haven't seen N. Caudopunctatus lately

Congrats on TOTM!

I really like the mushroom garden and IMO your fish selection fits this tank well (considering the soft corals and their nutrient needs).

Makes me want to start a mushroom rock now...

Finally, I read your TOTM profile and I really like your reefing philosophy regarding not getting into that "collector" mentality all the time so that you can sit back and watch your corals flourish and grow into amazing colonies. That's my goal for my new tank, to grow several colonies that are truly centerpiece worthy.

Beautiful tank. I've always loved shrooms.

Hahaha... I had a friend once who also liked shrooms, until he ate too many and experienced the so-called "bad trip".

On a side note, I wonder if you could grill up a mushroom corallimorph... Or if there are even any edible corals...

Archived