Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

28 nano LED Journal updates!

dday80

It has been a while and the tank is doing well. Here's some pics. I'm on the hunt for a RBTA. Some white spots have shown up on my yellow goby. I'm a little concerned.

DSCF0127.jpg

DSCF0123.jpg

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0121.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been battling aiptasia recently but got this little guy for five bucks! HE'S A BEAST! 5 days later and almost aiptasia free!

DSCF0118.jpg

I bought two new onyx clowns today from a local! They are in the QT tank at the moment. I'll work on better pics :haha::happydance:

DSCF0136.jpg

DSCF0172.jpg

The clown fish are doing well. I tested ammonia and it was 0.25 today. This was after a 1 gallon water change. They are located in a 10 gal. I'll retest tomorrow and increase the amount of water I'm changing.

I'm wondering if I should get a powerhead in there to give them something to swim against. The flow in the DT is pretty high.

Hey everyone! The fish are doing well. The QT has had a 0.25 ammonia reading since the weekend. The fish are doing fine though and I've been keeping up on water changes. I have done four gallons total today. Its a pain. Here are some pics!

This is the male. His dorsal fins and tail are brown. I'm hoping they will turn completely black as he ages.

DSCF0177.jpg

Here is another pic. The larger one has taken up shop in the PVC. I'm already seeing her being dominant and him doing the submissive wiggle dance I've read about.

These are my first clownfish btw!

DSCF0173.jpg

Hey all,

The tank has been up for 14 months and I think its time for me to try my first anemone. There is a local guy I'm going to get a good deal from. He estimates the nems he has for sale to be approx. 1-2in ea. I've been waiting to put more coral in because I don't want this thing walking all over everything.

I'm going to drip acclimate for at least an hour and put him under some shade starting out. Any other tips or input are welcome. Thanks

-Drew

Looking good! Very nice rose bubble. I've wanted to add an anemone for a while now, unfortunately I don't think I have enough room anymore. :lol:

Looking good! Very nice rose bubble. I've wanted to add an anemone for a while now, unfortunately I don't think I have enough room anymore. :lol:

Thanks LIB-TECH! The RBTA hasn't moved much from where I originally placed it, *knock on wood*. I'm stoked.

nice clowns man and i dig the RBTA, how big is the RBTA?

which mode do you find yourself using mostly with your MP10? :)

also, i'd like to see a FTS of your QT! I want to set one up soon because a lot of folks are saying it a must-do! :/

nice clowns man and i dig the RBTA, how big is the RBTA?

which mode do you find yourself using mostly with your MP10? :)

also, i'd like to see a FTS of your QT! I want to set one up soon because a lot of folks are saying it a must-do! :/

Thanks jT,

The RBTA expands A LOT during the day! I'd say it's got 4in diameter base and the tentacles get about that long too.

I like the reef crest mode on the MP10 at about half way. The SPS on top love it. It goes into night mode around 8:00pm. I love that thing.

The QT is set up at the moment for fish with a lame little light and a hob filter with seeded filter floss from the tank. Notice the lack of occupants! I am going on unscheduled trip and made the executive decision to put the clowns in the DT. This is against my better judgement but I didn't want to overwhelm the fish sitter.

Here's the QT:

DSCF0259.jpg

pics:

DSCF0254.jpg

DSCF0253.jpg

Borealis Growth comparison:

8 months ago- 15OCT11

Picture001.jpg

today 23JUN12

DSCF0252.jpg

DSCF0250.jpg

DSCF0248.jpg

Here are some pics of the clowns. They have decided to hang out with my trumpet coral. I have a RBTA and lots of Frogspawn >< noobs lol

DSCF0242.jpg

DSCF0246.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone!

Don't think the anemone will necessarily stay in one place. Mine will find a nice spot and hang out for a few weeks and then decide to run laps around the tank again. Just this morning he was on the move after spending about a month nestled in.

Anemones are weird.

Nice! He has found a cave to hide in at night and expands a lot during the day. Hopefully he'll hang out there for a while. We'll see.

I don't think I've seen an anemone ever in person or I didn't know what it was ;)

Can you actually see it moving if you stare at it long enough? Do they move only at night or whenever they feel like?

I don't think I've seen an anemone ever in person or I didn't know what it was ;)

Can you actually see it moving if you stare at it long enough? Do they move only at night or whenever they feel like?

They are awesome, but you always run the risk of it moving and stinging your other corals. I did observe it moving right after I put it in the tank. It righted itself and started to get its foot into the rock work. It goes deeper into the rocks at night and fully inflates during the day. Otherwise, it hasn't changed real estate.

That's some good growth for the stock LED's! Everything is looking good as usual.

Unfortunate about the peppermint, I wonder how he got tricked into that, lol. I could see an anemone being the culprit, but a trumpet is pretty non threatening for the most part. :lol:

That's some good growth for the stock LED's! Everything is looking good as usual.

Unfortunate about the peppermint, I wonder how he got tricked into that, lol. I could see an anemone being the culprit, but a trumpet is pretty non threatening for the most part. :lol:

Thanks!

Thats what the trumpet wants you to believe... :ninja:

Archived