Innovative Marine Aquariums

28 nano LED Journal updates!

dday80

Update!

I have some new corals and my first fish! I'm in the market for a tiger pistol to pair with my goby!

Mean Greens and Orage Pavona

meangreens.jpg

Radioactive Dragon Eyes on the soon to be zoa bridge!

dragoneyes.jpg

Tubbs blues and Eagle eyes

blueseagles.jpg

Orange stripe prawn goby - SPOT!

spot.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coming along nice and i love the sail your little gobi has.

Thanks absolon. I like him too. I haven't seen him eat yet though. I've tried spectrum pellets and frozen mysis. I may call the fish store and see what they were feeding him. I definitely saw him eat at the store.

My Yellow clown gobi was and still is a picky eater. I had very good luck with tiggerpods but they cost way to much to be a permanent solution but if he starts looking bad you can try those to hold him over. A more $ effective option i found was the actipods i also found that if i shoot them out the feeding pipet they look like there running and the fish get more excited. If it was not for the actipods i'm rather sure my gobi would not have made it.

I know that there not the same type of gobi but i hope that helps.

My Yellow clown gobi was and still is a picky eater. I had very good luck with tiggerpods but they cost way to much to be a permanent solution but if he starts looking bad you can try those to hold him over. A more $ effective option i found was the actipods i also found that if i shoot them out the feeding pipet they look like there running and the fish get more excited. If it was not for the actipods i'm rather sure my gobi would not have made it.

I know that there not the same type of gobi but i hope that helps.

Good advice. I'm going to see if he eats tonight. If not I'll try a different approach. He's so little he is afraid of the turkey baster. I'm trying to find a tiger pistol to pair him up with. We'll see how it goes!

Mine is scare of the baster to thats why i kind of have to shoot in in his general direction and then squeeze a bit of water out of it to give the food movement. A total pain in the ass.

Speaking of pain in the ass in another thread someone was saying that they were not happy with the gobi pistol pairing. the gobi never leaves the pistols caves and the pistol does nothing but collapse rock work with his tunnels. That being said i think its a cool relationship they have and would get one if i didnt have a pom pom crab that would not survive the night with a pistol in town.

Goby looks great. I have kept a few goby pistol pairs. Sometimes you get lucky and they build their house right out front and sometimes they do it in the back or side. Other times they start out back and then move to the front. For me its worth the risk, they are just too fun to watch in action. Make sure to get the right type of pistol shrimp for that goby.

C. Jerome

Still on the hunt for a tiger pistol. I kept one when I had this tank setup a year ago and the pair I had was awesome. Hopefully once I have one, the goby will perk up more. All of my rockwork is on the bottom glass with rods acting as struts for support.

I can't wait for the zoas to grow in either! I think I'm going to transplant some eagle eyes and the tubbs blues right onto the rockwork this weekend before my water change.

My goby is going to die I think. He hasn't been eating that I've seen. So sad. I checked params and everything is fine.

Temp 82

SG 1.026

Nitrate 0

Phos 0.5

Calcium 420

KH 6

Goby didn't make it. Shortly after that last post he was a goner. Today I picked up a chromis just to see what the deal is. He's doing great so far, goin nuts on the pods. There is an awesome perc at the store I was at. Might pick him up next week if everything is good with this guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks LIB-TECH! Lots happening in this neck of the woods. Camera is shot - don't mind cell phone pics. I saw my first coralline today. I have this brown algae right over the front rocks, I'm not sure if its diatoms or not. Otherwise - things are going well.

FTS:

IMG_20110723_173512.jpg

LPS

IMG_20110723_173439.jpg

IMG_20110723_173301.jpg

Happy Couple. Just purchased this yellow watchman. Matched up instantly

IMG_20110723_170004.jpg

And now...the zoa bridge garden begins:

IMG_20110723_173340.jpg

IMG_20110723_1733561.jpg

Extra zoas:

IMG_20110723_173311.jpg

IMG_20110723_173317.jpg

I added a blue flasher wrasse this evening, but no pics yet. He's hiding at the moment. What a fiasco that was.

My osmolator created a back suction after I turned it off when I was floating the wrasse. Lesson learned...I had a 5 gal bucket of fresh water full of 1.022 salt water. This ended up working out as I didn't have replacement water for the tank. Added some salt and problem solved.

And this is how I learned wrasses can fly...

As I was trying to net him out, he jumped from the bag into the newly created 5 gal bucket of salt water on the ground.

IMG_20110726_201346Fish.jpg

Good times.

Here is a quick pic of the new awesome wrasse. He is really fast and hard to get a pic of. Not to mention the lag with the cell phone camera!

wrasse.jpg

Very sweet tank, I love your bridge scape. I really need to work on my scape more when I get more rock. :lol:

also that flasher wrasse is awesome :wub:

Great updates and that is a nice looking wrasse you've got there.

Thank you! I like him a lot too!

Very sweet tank, I love your bridge scape. I really need to work on my scape more when I get more rock. :lol:

also that flasher wrasse is awesome :wub:

Thanks! It just came together while putting the rock together! I did want an open scape, which I think I accomplished. Good luck to you!

• 2 months later...

Way overdue update. The tank is doing great. I've gotten a few things here and there with mixed success. I have a new chalice that isn't doing so well. I think I may have light shocked it and have since moved it to the bottom. Params are:

CA 400

KH 8

Phos 0

Nitrate 0

Hopefully have new pics up soon.

Archived