Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mk's Solana 34!

mkizz

just contacted them again, the new customer service guy said he will ship it on monday, while the yesterdays lady didnt really confirm anything. It will be here upcoming friday.

I asked them to put fragile sign on the box, but he said, UPS dont really care about fragile signs on the box lol, forgot where I heard that at though..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah :( this solana 34 came in a huge mess, its disgusting, Dust everywhere and broken plastic part, skimmers like falling apart etc etc. Disaster.

Atleast I dont have to wait untill this gets back to the shop, and the shop send me one back, which can take like 2 weeks, whew. Hopefully this one will be good, if not Im just going to buy 25 gallon solana starfire glass from ecoxotic for 250

http://www.ecoxotic.com/products/led-aquar...n-aquarium.html

They use fedex, so more reliable, i never liked ups anyway.

Man, I'm sorry to here your tAnk got there cracked. Don't go with the 25 gallon you will want to upgrade later. Just wait it out and keep complaining. Call current USA and talk to them about the situation. They have excellent customer service. Atleast that I've experienced. The shield in my nova exterme pro cracked and they sent me a replace asap, no questions. I don't mean to brag at all, but my mp10es just got here yesterday. If you can save and get a good deal on one I highly recommend it. They are so cool and are one of the best things I've added to my Solana.

Good luck with the customer service. Stay persistent, a cracked tank and parts falling apart are unacceptable. Current USA would never allow that.

yeah :( this solana 34 came in a huge mess, its disgusting, Dust everywhere and broken plastic part, skimmers like falling apart etc etc. Disaster.

Atleast I dont have to wait untill this gets back to the shop, and the shop send me one back, which can take like 2 weeks, whew. Hopefully this one will be good, if not Im just going to buy 25 gallon solana starfire glass from ecoxotic for 250

http://www.ecoxotic.com/products/led-aquar...n-aquarium.html

They use fedex, so more reliable, i never liked ups anyway.

Depending on how pet solutions or which ever company you bought the tank from. I'm not positive current USA can do anything, but i would assume if they want to keep a good customer service reputation they would at least help you out however they could.

We'll see if I'm sobbing Monday when mine is delivered.

Mine arrived intact thankfully.

UPDATE - my lid was cracked.

Just make sure you do a leak test just in case. Those lids aren't good anyway. Better to just make one.

Mine arrived intact thankfully.

UPDATE - my lid was cracked.

Just make sure you do a leak test just in case. Those lids aren't good anyway. Better to just make one.

That's the plan for this weekend.

I ordered the hinged lid (not here yet) anyway, but should I ever sell this tank I like to have all the parts. Funny thing was the manual included was for the Cardiff...

haha my manual was cardiff too..maybe current just made manual for both of them..since they are the almost same thing anyway

There is a Solana manual you can download off their website (Current USA site), I printed it out last week and started to read and catch up on it.

Post pictures. I love solanas. I sent my stand to a cabinet company last week to completely refinish. Hopefully it gets here soon. I see everyone getting new presents it makes me jelous.

Tank is here! stand I made supports! !theres no leak!

The box

2v16jwj.jpg

The current box, the box is in 100% in better condition then previous one, also had those plastic thingy that you cut off with a tape.

dz9z5e.jpg

The solana 34, waiting to go through the leak test.

lb7k8.jpg

Ta dah~ filled it with tap water, since i was just testing

20ru3pt.jpg

Overall view, yeah living room got messy setting up the tank~

4n5sx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dust has settled yesterday, but heres the new pictures today

This was 7 days ago

ofod2c.jpg

standing right side view

w82w5y.jpg

front view pic

solr0x.jpg

Hope you guys like it, from 2 days ago I recently started to get diatom bloom, how long do you think I should wait now?

Cheapreef27

Nice, also, i like how i always see scrubs on in peoples tank shots if they include the room.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys its been awhile! My tank has finished cycle week and half ago ish. I have added midas blenny, clownfish, yellow watchman + pistol shrimp, Derasa clam, and lots of sps frags with some zoa's

I also removed my 150w sunpod, and have added 2 sunbrite slimline LED's

Here is the review!

I went to bay mac today and bought lots of corals and 2 sunbrite slimline LED

I gotta say, I love them, the best part is the remote. I really am the person that loves the blue effect, so since this has remote there is I think 11 different types of color combo you can have. Since I noticed it takes 11 click to dim a whole white bulb light or blue light.

Also its cool that this has a clamp on that you clamp on behind the tank. So no need to go through all the hassle with hanging kit and mumbo jumbo. This is also made out of 12x3 watt Cree LED XP.

So its pretty nice LED. 36watt total.

[Par reading / Coloration] I talked to the Sunbrite guys, and the Par reading for this was 24inch was 180, with water. Not too bad, perfect for nano tanks. will cover 20x20x20. So I could of just went for 1, but as you can see my rock works are not high at all, so I needed probably 2 to keep sps. But if my rock works were high atleast up to like +50%, I could of just gotten away with 1. But since I bought 2, I can make it more blue withought having to worry about losing too par value. If this thing is at 100% white and blue on, it looks pretty white rather then blue.

[blue Color] This has a different blue coloration compared to like phoenix bulb or other LED set ups I seen. While most set up blue colors are from sky blue to pure ocean blue. This LED blue was little weird for me, so this gives it -1. Its not bad, its actually okay, but I rather let it be pure blue. But I can live with this with 90% satisfied coloration. The color is actually more like turquoise color, from dark to light depending on your blue settings. Heres an example.

lk7c0.png

[Dimming / Remote] Its still cool how you can control the blueness of the tank, or the whiteness, you can just play around with it however you want and be creative and create sunrise and sunset effect. It even has moonlight effect. However I noticed with me using 2 fixtures, it can get little annoying to use the remote. Since 1 remote works on both of them which is nice, but sometimes 1 fixture reads the remote little late to none while other one reads it. So both can get little off when it comes to coloration, and it gets annoying to get them back up same coloration. So its best to do it in front of the light which messes up the least

However if you only have 1 fixture you can control it from wherever your sitting around up to 8ft away, sitting on couch or whatever. Normally with fixtures that has controls on them, you would have to go back up to see colors from a distance, while this allows you to change color from distance, so its little bit more comfy.

The remote comes with 4 switches. A B C D.

A is to switch modes. [6500k, 12,000k, 16,000k, 22,000k] +1 on that

B is to switch modes from either to dim blueness or the whiteness

C is to make the lights stronger (+)

D is to make the lights more dimmer (-)

[With remote shield slide on]

2bsk9d.jpg

[With remote shield slide off]

1530llc.jpg

[Mounting] As I have said before this LED fixture is clamp on where you can clamp it behind from the tank. Only problem is it does not come out far as I would like to. It almost stops before the middle. So I have more lights on back of the tank rather then upper. Im going to have to see if there are other options or If I should just keep with this. Its not bad really though.

[side view]

2mxhmq1.jpg

[Mounting leg]

2ibjlg0.jpg

This tank is 20x20x20 Solana 34 gallon tank made by Current

2 Slimline, 30% white off

2lvidko.jpg

New corals i got under LED, around 6 1/2 inch derasa clam $30 I bought at baymac

3467ti0.jpg

80% white off

m7f8l0.jpg

[12x3 watt LED 6 blue 6 white]

5wgy00.jpg

[Manuel]

10wi81t.jpg

[Manuel pg 2]

24fjp04.jpg

[i rate this fixture]

Dimming effect: (+1) Must have with LED fixture

Mounting: (1/2) Easy mounting but does not reach far enough

Modes: (+1) I like the way you can choose the mods, including moonlight effect.

Style: (+1) Looks modern looking and very slim, also no fan so it stays quite, and no heat.

Coloration: (-1 )due to turquoise looking color rather then pure blue

Remote / Controls: (+1) Works around up to like 8ft away

Price: (+1) Best for low budgets since its only $250. Its the cheapest dimmable LED (from my experince) in market. Also its Cree XP LED, + dimmable.

[This gets 5 1/2 out of 7]

*This fixture has 2 year warranty*

new update!

Yellow watchman goby

2zg5f1g.jpg

One of the purple fire fish

21c9y5l.jpg

My almost 7 inch giant Derasa clam

muv3g5.jpg

12 head water melon Zoa's

jt9ce8.jpg

8 head God of armor Zoa's

2a849ec.jpg

Kryptonite Candy Cane Corals

2ezhgg9.jpg

Far side shot of my Clam and my Firefish's home in the rock :3

15fr8js.jpg

2nd side shot of Clam

67nkte.jpg

Friendly Midas Blenny and it's Friendly neighbor clown the clown clown lol

x38oxc.jpg

Fortress of fan worm

15s6lfp.jpg

Zoomed picture of fan worms

2zylpq1.jpg

Forgot what this Sps was called. Help

2jg8ob5.jpg

Picture from standing up at the left side facing down

2mnpq9j.jpg

Full tank shot

6iz961.jpg

Camera D3000, Tank Solana 34 gallon tank 20x20x20

looks great. What's the spread on the slimline fixture? My foot print is similar to yours, but i was hoping to only buy 1. Do you know how much of the tank would be left in the dark?

I ll post a picture later today with just 1 slim line in the middle vs 2 side by side.

But when I tried just putting one, compared to 2 of course it was really dark looking. Regular slimline covers 20x20x20, so at most you will see couple cm at the edges at dark maybe.

Also it depends what tank you have.

Im also not sure what you mean by foot is smaller than mine, do you mean the part where it clamps onto the tank? If so I dont think that matters, slimline sells one with smaller and slim foot or fat foot like mine lol

thanks! that'd be great... my tank is 25" L x 18" W x 21. 5" H which is a similar footprint/size... but i was hoping to get away with just one.. your pic will really help me decide.

Archived