Top Shelf Aquatics

Mk's Solana 34!

mkizz

Deleted User 4

nice tank, so you got the whole led hood for $250? Is 36 watts led bright enough for the clam?? I thought 36 watts was kind of low, but again, I'm not too sure because I have no experiences with led lighting. All I know is my t-5 fluorescent compacts 2x36 watts isn't bright enough for clams, but isn't 2x36 watts brighter than 36 watts?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
doppelganger

nice progress!

nice tank, so you got the whole led hood for $250? Is 36 watts led bright enough for the clam?? I thought 36 watts was kind of low, but again, I'm not too sure because I have no experiences with led lighting. All I know is my t-5 fluorescent compacts 2x36 watts isn't bright enough for clams, but isn't 2x36 watts brighter than 36 watts?

leds are way different. watts is just how much power it draws. has nothing to do with how much lumen/par/pur etc it produces.

I bought it at baymac event for $199 flat with no tax. 36watt should be okay with derasa on sand since they dont need much light compared to others. This led is cree XPG led, it read 180 par in 24 inch depth which is not bad.

Far as maxima goes or crocea, put them on high.

But dont just take my word for it though, you should contact sunbrite and ask if its okay :P

and yes mine is 36x2 72 watt total

Deleted User 4
I bought it at baymac event for $199 flat with no tax. 36watt should be okay with derasa on sand since they dont need much light compared to others. This led is cree XPG led, it read 180 par in 24 inch depth which is not bad.

Far as maxima goes or crocea, put them on high.

But dont just take my word for it though, you should contact sunbrite and ask if its okay :P

and yes mine is 36x2 72 watt total

Oh I see, so ok, I guess I understand now. So I'm guessing 1 watts of led is 2 times stronger than 1 watts of t-5?

nice progress!

leds are way different. watts is just how much power it draws. has nothing to do with how much lumen/par/pur etc it produces.

Oh I see, ok. So what is the differences between these 2? And what's the difference between mh and led, all I know is mh is hot whereas led doesn't heat up the tank. And if I'm right, mh is stronger than leds?

no x2 was for, because I have 2 fixture. Im not sure whats stronger between this and the MH.

It all depends on the Par reading

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Midas blenny, not sure why it passed away but I was sad. I currently have 5 fish in there

2 firefish, 2clown, 1 yellow watchmen goby. Do you think it will be okay for me to add 2 banggai cardinal fish?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah an RBTA would do fine in your tank. Be careful though they usually "walk" all over until they find a suitable spot killing any coral in their path.

Great looking tank so far! I'm patiently waiting to set mine up.

Archived