Cultivated Reef

Mk's Solana 34!

mkizz

Has just been placed! I know I made millions of thread about them, if you seen some of mine here. I finally made a decision, and just went with Solana 34 tank only, no stand or light.

I also bought a used sunpod 150w used or it with ushio 20k bulb in it for 130, and got a free brand new aquapod 24 gallon from him, because his not using it.

Not sure when it will be here, but I ll be sure to update often!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. You won't regret it. Did you get the high clairty? I might've gone with 250watt since the depth is 20". For the sunpods i've always loved the phoenix 14ks. Best bulbs in my opinion for growth and color.

Has just been placed! I know I made millions of thread about them, if you seen some of mine here. I finally made a decision, and just went with Solana 34 tank only, no stand or light.

I also bought a used sunpod 150w used or it with ushio 20k bulb in it for 130, and got a free brand new aquapod 24 gallon from him, because his not using it.

Not sure when it will be here, but I ll be sure to update often!

i got the one from that website me and you were looking into, and i called them, and they confimed low-iron glass :D

And yeah, im currently using phoenix bulb, I already had 150w coralife Metal Halide, but I hate the clamp on, so Im gonna sell it now

Congrads on the purchase, welcome to the solana club. Post pics of your build. That's sweet you got a free Aquapod (clean it up, if needed) sell it and get an mp10. I just bought a used one amd can't wait for it to get here. They are supposed to be the best thing you can add to a tank

yeah thats what i plan...say the sunpod 150w i got is 24 inch, and some solana 34 owners seems to have 20 inch 150w models, is there any difference?

its fine, are there difference between 24inch model and 20 inch model? I notice most everyone with sunpod on solana have 20 inch 150w models, will the 24 inch model fit on solana 34?

I'm not too familiar with sunpods. I have the nova extreme pro 20". But most light fixtures have movable legs, and you could move the legs in to fit the 20" solana, you would just Have a little over hang.

Lee Van Reef

Great buy! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it with only the tank? I've been lookign around and can't really find it.

thanks I got it here for $330, and $50 live stock only credit.

http://www.petsolutions.com/storefront/fis...riumSystem.html

even though they dont list it, its made out of low-iron starphire glass

I too (new member here) have also bought the Solana tank and from Petsolutions (BTW - enter "EARS10" in coupon box for 10% off).

I'm using a very heavy piece of furniture for my stand. Lighting is the one issue I'm on the fence about, and right now leaning heavily towards the Ecoxotic LED Panorama system. The mount for it is the biggest issue at the moment, as the wall/ceiling/stand won't work (was hoping they may have brackets to mount over tank with).

And once I set up the tank, I want to see how loud the skimmer is, as I might replace that. This tank will literally sit next to me on the couch, so as utterly silent as I can get it is my goal.

It's been 20+ years since I've done salt (let alone a reef tank), and my has everything changed. Last time I had a tank it was undergravel filters (the wet/dry were just coming to market).

tank came cracked, why do they not have fragile handle with care sign on the box???

What do i do now?

edit: looked around the tank, skimmers cylinder is not held in place, the glue is ripping off and is bearly intact by a 1 piece of glue thats about to get snapped off. Skimmer box had a crack, its a disaster

okay, its not even a crack, I can just pull off the glass piece, its cracked from front and back, and its a size of my hand

here are pictures..

yay box is here, dog is excited as me

elb1b6.jpg

inside the petsolution.com box, there is a tank box by current

20gd0fm.jpg

now heres the original solana box

2yz0bja.jpg

Inside, if you look at the middle chamber at back, you can see a crack already before I even touched the tank

6qa9zs.jpg

Heres a focused crack 1st crack

2nuq108.jpg

If you look closley, the 1st crack, goes all the way down to the tank.

n1f904.jpg

2nd crack on 3rd chamber, around 3? inches big

3rd crack is in the 3rd chamber as well, but it sits under the water pump, and i tried to take it, but too far for my camera to catch the crack

but anyway, this ones the 2nd crack

2vx2bue.jpg

Skimmer part with a crack

zuxkg.jpg

Skimmer cylinder? not glues all the way in, bearly intact

2lx9y0n.jpg

Random plastic part I found broken. I dont know where this goes

eb6ip1.jpg

Archived