Top Shelf Aquatics

Sammy's 40B Build

sammy113

I thought about you when they said over 100,000 without power in PR..I was like nooooo!!!!

I hope we don't get hit..I am a worry wart even tho I have a generator :scarry:

I am very happy everything is ok on your end :grouphug:

Today the manager of the power company said more than 800,000 are without service at the moment. At least 950,000 @ 2:00am without it. So yeah almost a million which is a lot for such a small island like ours.

Hope the storm doesn't get any powerful and hit you guys. If the trajectory keeps seems like its taking more a north route so hopefully it wont touch FL. I just hope it vanishes and don't harm any of the states at all

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prayers is with you your family and your beautiful tanks. Definitely get that backup battery from vortech. It saved my tank many times. Very clean build of your 40g tank. I like the scape alot sir. Keep us updated about your situation and everything.

-David

My prayers is with you your family and your beautiful tanks. Definitely get that backup battery from vortech. It saved my tank many times. Very clean build of your 40g tank. I like the scape alot sir. Keep us updated about your situation and everything.

-David

Thanks a lot David :) At least everything is fine right now. We didn't had too much problems other than some floods and power outages. Water service is also down. Power came around 2pm today but still no water :(

I can't wait to see these rocks filled with corals :D

Sammy is everything okay over there? haven't seen u update your build yet. Hope everything is going good. Just checking back later then.

Sammy is everything okay over there? haven't seen u update your build yet. Hope everything is going good. Just checking back later then.

Yeah, everything is ok here :) thanks for asking. I haven't post anything yet cause there is no big changes so far. I decided to try a fish as I tossed some snail and hermits from my other tank for a few days and were doing fine. Swapped the clownfish and has been for about a 5 or 6 days now and looks very happy. Is eating like crazy. Tomorrow I'm picking a new clownfish that a breeder friend I have is going to give me for free :D he said he had Onyx and some other that I could pic the one I like. Gonna do some more tests. Need to go to my LFS and bring some water to have it tested. I may have expired tests so I'm going to make sure everything is ok before I put a single coral in here.

Once I have the rest of the equipment set on the breeder will take some fresh pics as the inside of the stand looks like a mess with all the wires and stuff

couple of pics

DSC_0888.jpg

I still have a wire and tubing mess. Still waiting on setting up the chiller and organize everything. The space I had for the ATO reservoir will be used to house the lamp drivers and controllers. The Ato container cannot be up there because once the aqua lifter started to dose water, it kept feeding by gravity. Now the container is on the floor next to the tank.

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0891.jpg

DSC_0894.jpg

DSC_0895.jpg

View from couch

DSC_0898.jpg

DSC_0897.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

daym i love your 40br and your light is too sexy for my taste. Great job Sammy! you're a master of Reef art when it comes to scaping rocks.

very good and awesome build, im also doing a 40B from petco, and I notice you drill the tank, now I heard people say the glass is too weak, did you had any problems?

very good and awesome build, im also doing a 40B from petco, and I notice you drill the tank, now I heard people say the glass is too weak, did you had any problems?

Thanks to all!

I don't know how people come to say things like that. How can a glass from a specific brand be weak? Aqueon aquariums are All-Glass. It's the same company

Wow this tank is stupid clean, the light is ridiculously sick and the scape is something I may have to steal for a future build.

I may have to go white on the stand too because of how clean this looks!

Great job and I'm definitely gonna follow this

the tank is looking good sammy

are you running the lights at 100% power or they are throttled down?

Thanks

100% would be too killer i think. Currently running blues @60% and whites 35%

Archived