SaltCritters.com

Ryan's 40b - break down 4/1

ry05coupe

Yep. 35$ for the glass. 5$ for the silicone.

All the rest I already had from previous builds. The rest of the money was for corals, fish, and CUC. Now I'm just saving up for another spree!

That's really cool dude. I love going on sprees for the tank, but it really gets expensive :/.

In other news, added a purple blasto that I got from Aaron (Coastie). Also started dosing a few days ago finally. So far I've just been running off of water changes lol.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:tears:

He was a crazy awesome little fish. Unfortunately I bought him from a store where I've never had much luck with their fish, but thought it might be different this time. Live and learn I gess.

I usually don't, but I was in Louisville (an hour away) looking for a replacement after trading in that other blenny that was eating coral. None of the other stores had anything and I really wanted to leave with something.

i haven't yet

You should!

The people there are freakishly nice IME.

Yeah, they always seem to be. It's pretty awesome.

Clean Tank.. Sweet livestock!

Thanks Danny :D

Screw people in Louisville, thems is Bums!

I still think that store we are referring to keeps their fish in reallllllyyy low salinity water. I had problems, lost two fish when I acclimated them normally. Third fish I overly acclimated and it was fine.

Nice Tank what stores do you buy your coral from in lexington ?

Thanks Sean. I check out MVP and Incredipet for deals maybe once a month, but TBH I buy most of my stuff from Sandy's in Louisville and Green Tree Pet Center just over the river in Clarksville, IN. I probably go up there once every two weeks, and it is definitely worth it. I also get stuff from people on kyreef.com

Screw people in Louisville, thems is Bums!

I still think that store we are referring to keeps their fish in reallllllyyy low salinity water. I had problems, lost two fish when I acclimated them normally. Third fish I overly acclimated and it was fine.

Could be. I liked that Blenny a lot though.

Maybe they aren't nice to locals :P

Every time I've been and they find out I'm from out of town it's like they roll out the red carpet.

How often do you come out?

It's been a few years, to see the Dark Knight actually. I'm a huge movie buff and so are most of my friends so when a good movie worth seeing in IMAX would come out we'd road trip there because it was the closest IMAX theater. We'd just make a weekend out of it, stay at the Hyatt and goof off.

But now I've moved and Columbus is only 2 hours away and the Easton Shopping center is the bomb.

I'd recommend it, Easton is like its own little town. The shops range from Old Navy all the way to Burberry and Chanel. There's a crap ton of places to eat, including 5 guys (yum) and a 30 screen theater and 14 are IMAX screens. Where the theater is and where Macy's is are like two self contained malls then they are connected by a main street where the boutiques are. Best time to go is in the summer no doubt B)

Now I'm all excited to go there again :lol:

From my understanding there's a killer LFS in the same general area. I'll have to scope it out. I think Jmiller on here said it was good.

Thanks for replying Ryan ill probably just travel like you do as soon as i get my lisensse in january :) i check incredipet often but just dont like the stuff they sell and the prices are terrible for what you get at incredipet .

I'd recommend it, Easton is like its own little town. The shops range from Old Navy all the way to Burberry and Chanel. There's a crap ton of places to eat, including 5 guys (yum) and a 30 screen theater and 14 are IMAX screens. Where the theater is and where Macy's is are like two self contained malls then they are connected by a main street where the boutiques are. Best time to go is in the summer no doubt B)

Now I'm all excited to go there again :lol:

From my understanding there's a killer LFS in the same general area. I'll have to scope it out. I think Jmiller on here said it was good.

That does sound pretty awesome. I bet you love that theatre too lol.

Thanks for replying Ryan ill probably just travel like you do as soon as i get my lisensse in january :) i check incredipet often but just dont like the stuff they sell and the prices are terrible for what you get at incredipet .

To can find some good deals there every now and then... I'd say I buy something once out of every 5 visits, if that. Usually it'd because the staff doesn't know what they're selling and that usually leads to pricing errors lol.

Archived