Pod Your Reef

Ryan's 40b - break down 4/1

ry05coupe

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sold a bunch of frags, and bought a new fish! He's a Yaeyamaensis Blenny. Aparently they're pretty uncommon lol, and he was sent to my LFS as a tiger blenny. I think I'm just gonna call him a KanYaey Blenny for short. He's just like a Tailspot, but with a different paint job.

photo-1.jpg

PC190014.jpg

I've had him for two days, just hadn't had the chance to get a decent picture of him. After posting that I went back to watch the tank and witnesss the coral nomming :angry: .

Did you feed him, did you see him eating what you fed? Maybe what you fed him was not to his liking and he was starving?

He would eat frozen formula 2, PE mysis, even dry seaweed out of my hand lol. He was an outgoing little punk. He just had a taste for the SPS aswell I guess. I was feeding him 2x - 3x because he looked a little skinny from the store.

Doesn't matter now anyway, took him back to the store and traded him for this:

4-1.jpg

Then went to another store and bought this:

5-1.jpg

ooh, neat plate

what kind of blenny?

He is a two spot blenny.

really love that plate

Thank you. They had it in theit generic 29.99 tank under a single T8 bulb. It looked kinda cool there but under decent lights it has 4 different colors :)

That plate is awesome! Nice find.

Good luck on the new fish!

Thanks dude :)

They are both eating well. The two spot has a ton of personality. The mased goby is a little more shy but atleast he is eating, so once he gets comfortable I'm sure he'll turn into a character.

Thanks dude :)

They are both eating well. The two spot has a ton of personality. The mased goby is a little more shy but atleast he is eating, so once he gets comfortable I'm sure he'll turn into a character.

I don't doubt it.

Look at your plate. I can see it say, "Ahhh, finally. Some decent lighting!"

Poor thing. Glad it's with you!

I don't doubt it.

Look at your plate. I can see it say, "Ahhh, finally. Some decent lighting!"

Poor thing. Glad it's with you!

haha :D I was hesitant about it at the store because it was in the "any frag $30" tank that's lit by a single 6500k T8... the tentacles looked cool but that's about it. It ended up looking a lot better than I had expected.

T8? Gosh. That's like torture!

Yep keep us posted with him. He seems verryy happy!

I know right?

Will do, he ate today actually. I'll try to get a top down shot sometime soon :)

oh well! you have a pretty sweet tank already, and it's awesome that you built it yourself.

Only 15? You don't act like most of the other tweens on here either which is even more awesome :D

oh well! you have a pretty sweet tank already, and it's awesome that you built it yourself.

Only 15? You don't act like most of the other tweens on here either which is even more awesome :D

I can be annoying when I want. Check out Euphyllia's thread. They got pretty ticked at me for being there.

But for real, the tank only cost me like 100$ in all resources so it's great for me!

I can be annoying when I want. Check out Euphyllia's thread. They got pretty ticked at me for being there.

But for real, the tank only cost me like 100$ in all resources so it's great for me!

You mean $100 for everything? That's nuts

Yep. 35$ for the glass. 5$ for the silicone.

All the rest I already had from previous builds. The rest of the money was for corals, fish, and CUC. Now I'm just saving up for another spree!

Archived