Pod Your Reef

Guess the Holes - Win AC70 Media Basket

inTank

wooo i thought this was a april fools joke when i got the pm hahah

funny-pictures-ambush-cat.jpg

but no, he didn't ambush you. i just found the picture and thought of stevie so i wanted to use it <_<

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
116, 116, 116, 116, I win I win I win!!! B)

116 billion + holes is not a correct answer,sorry and thank you for playing

me no winnas, iz'k i still have my friend the meteorite.

joedirt.jpg

i waits fo' da ac110 challenge.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Media baskets are coming in.

We will try and get most of the pre-sale orders out tomorrow and we start with the earliest purchase. You will see an automated email when they do start to ship.

Got mine yesterday. I'm happy so far with only two concerns:

The media rack doesn't fit all that snug. Anytime you reach back to adjust the heater, check a thermometer, etc the rack floats up a little which throws debris into the tank. I don't think turning the filter off before doing any adjustments would fix this because debris is still being dislodged from it's place within filter floss/chemipure/chaeto. This really isn't too big a deal as it encourages me to touch the tank less. It could also be solved with a little bead of silicone to act as a permanent "wedge" of sorts.

I'm wondering if it's OK to have that blue and white filter pad directly touching the Hydor heater. I'm betting it's fine.

Aside from those two things I'm digging it!

We can't make the filter any more "snug" as it would never be removable. The floss can touch the heater and there are no holes in that area so you can cut to avoid the heater. If you are have dirty chemical media bags probably time for a change, or time to clean out the filter box itself.

If it had magnet to hold it in place would allow it to still be removed. If you have an old mag float might be worth a try

nor_cal_nano

Received mine late last week. Top notch quality. Can't wait to put this puppy to use. However, I give you three stars for not including an AC70 filter as well :P

JK. Thanks a bunch Steve. And thanks for adding on that calibration fluid last second... Much appreciated.

-Brad

Received mine late last week. Top notch quality. Can't wait to put this puppy to use. However, I give you three stars for not including an AC70 filter as well :P

JK. Thanks a bunch Steve. And thanks for adding on that calibration fluid last second... Much appreciated.

-Brad

Oh what, the filter wasn't included? UPS must have lost it in transit :happy:

Enjoy Brad!

Archived