Coral Vue Hydros

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
I don't know what that means! :(

Btw, did you mention what pipefish you're going to try to get? I'm guessing blue stripe?

Just THINK. I even texted you the answer!

Yep. Hopefully a pair of blue stripes :)

Yeah I don't like that either. They never stay where to put them. Luckily mine has never knocked over corals when moving around.

I had an electric flame scallop when I had my RSM130 setup the first time and I never had a problem with it moving around and it surely never knocked anything over, I actually got lucky with that electric scallop though as it stayed right where I put him which was in a cave directly at the front of the tank so I was able to watch him "electrify/pulse" all day long luckily

altolamprologus

I saw that earlier! Very cool :)

I had an electric flame scallop when I had my RSM130 setup the first time and I never had a problem with it moving around and it surely never knocked anything over, I actually got lucky with that electric scallop though as it stayed right where I put him which was in a cave directly at the front of the tank so I was able to watch him "electrify/pulse" all day long luckily

Mine only moved twice so it wasn't that bad. But when they do move, they seem to know the exact spots to go where you cant see them.

altolamprologus

I gave the tank a vinegar bath. Not bad for being used for 3 years huh?

EC94C9FF-4228-4DFD-A8DE-A47C326FEEB9-2652-000002D65550503F.jpg

And here it is with rock, sand and water.. The macros are just to add bacteria and pods

C01313A8-63CD-43A1-994C-5B129311E920-2652-000002D660000B4B.jpg

I'll be starting a new thread soon, I just can't think of what to call it. Any ideas?

Exciting :D

The scape looks kinda boring in pictures, it looks so much better irl! I guess cause it's hard to see the depth of the rockwork

I'll be starting a new thread soon, I just can't think of what to call it. Any ideas?

The opposite of anything Euphy suggests

I gave the tank a vinegar bath. Not bad for being used for 3 years huh?

EC94C9FF-4228-4DFD-A8DE-A47C326FEEB9-2652-000002D65550503F.jpg

And here it is with rock, sand and water.. The macros are just to add bacteria and pods

C01313A8-63CD-43A1-994C-5B129311E920-2652-000002D660000B4B.jpg

Ooooh guurl, when you told me to use vinegar on my BC 14 I just took it outside and soaked a rag in vinegar and sat it on the areas with coralline and BAYUM it dissolved overnight, and it was thick coralline to! :lol:

Ermagerd, call it like, "Alto's Astonishing Amalgamated Aquarium" or something that has a ring to it. If you speak a foreign language, write something catchy in that language! :happy:

Oh, and I have an idea or two for you rockscape that may be difficult but I always wanted to do it but wasn't skilled enough.

Idea number one is for an open-top tank, which may not be good if you don't want fish jumping. You could build an island in the middle and make it come out of the water and grow mangroves on it. Works better for a shallow tank but it's just an idea. I reaaaalllyyyy wanted to do that myself but I never did. :tears:

Idea number two is to make like two columns, a tall one and a short one, on opposite sides of the tank and build them up as high as you can go until corals would be like 3" from the surface. You'd probs have to assemble them outside the tank, glue them together, put some hardening cement stuff on them so they get held together. Isn't there like rock paste for aquariums that does that shizz? I swear there is.

Idea number three is one I had that would be awesome but only if you're like religious. I got it from Tanked. They put a giant cross inside a church tank, so I was thinking if I could find a big rock shaped like a cross, I could turn it into part of my reef. Now you could use a small one, like 8" one, and have a regular reef scape like you already have. Not an entire tank centered around one cross. You could also substitute that for any other symbol, like a peace symbol or a Jewish star or something if you're like Jewish or something like. Yeah. :P

Just my ideas that I wish I would have done and I could have because I had three tanks. :angry:

altolamprologus

1 I can't do because the tank is covered. 2 I won't do because I absolutely hate the look of frags and you can't exactly put colonies in 3 inches of water. As for 3, I'm the farthest thing possible from religious and I would never destroy a tank like that. The rockscape is epoxied in place now anyway

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone seems to have copied your topic format. "29 Gallons of ..." :(

Somebody should rename their topic "29 Gallons of Topic Title Redundancy" :lol:

I didnt even browse thru to bother hurting feelings or too closely name mine to yours but whatever... guess we have good taste and similar minds.

Good luck on the one you started in the past few posts

I didnt even browse thru to bother hurting feelings or too closely name mine to yours but whatever... guess we have good taste and similar minds.

Good luck on the one you started in the past few posts

There's like three or four other people with the same name lol. I know a few have copied it word for word, letter for letter. It's a good name. I was just saying somebody should rename their thread that, it would be so lolerskates/roflcopter. :lol:

• 1 month later...
altolamprologus

:ninja:

Well I wasn't planning on really posting anything until the tank matured a bit and started growing a bunch of coral, but I guess I can post a couple pics.

So this really awesome guy Ben slaved for hours and hours and hours to build me this:

04B243AC-971B-4CE5-B981-603E207C0549-145

Yes, it really is brighter than the sun B)

And on the tank with all channels at 25% power:

Last auto saved: 19:51:38

71DADD45-51A8-4542-816D-8426A213DA4C-669

Right now I just have my B&W occy clown, 2 cleaner shrimp, some macro algae, and 6 acro frags from Cherry Corals. The macros are leaving soon and I'm getting a dozen or so frags from Atlantis Aquarium once the other frags prove they're doing well.

altolamprologus

sweet! glad to see you back alto. have you thought about getting another angler or other predator?

I think I'm done with predators for now. I'll definitely do more anglers later on, but I'm liking peaceful reef fish more right now.

• Like 1

Well I wasn't planning on really posting anything until the tank matured a bit and started growing a bunch of coral, but I guess I can post a couple pics.

So this really awesome guy Ben slaved for hours and hours and hours to build me this:

04B243AC-971B-4CE5-B981-603E207C0549-145

Yes, it really is brighter than the sun B)

And on the tank with all channels at 25% power:

Last auto saved: 19:51:38

71DADD45-51A8-4542-816D-8426A213DA4C-669

Right now I just have my B&W occy clown, 2 cleaner shrimp, some macro algae, and 6 acro frags from Cherry Corals. The macros are leaving soon and I'm getting a dozen or so frags from Atlantis Aquarium once the other frags prove they're doing well.

Nice plants. :P

So how long do you think it will take to get everything grown back out again to where it looks nice and full? :unsure:

Archived