SaltCritters.com

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

altolamprologus
What kind of bird is darwin

P.S i named my scooter darwin (:

His name is actually Irwin (named after Steve Irwin). He's a cockatiel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
Update time.

This tank kind of bores me so I'm not doing much with it. I got a few new corals (some zoas, pink polyp monticap, kelly green psammocora) in the last couple weeks and I got a new cleaner shrimp today to replace the one that died of old age. The barnacle blennies are finally cozying up to each other. I'm kicking out the long fin fairy wrasse and getting some neon gobies soon.

Maybe that seems like a lot, but the tank has really been running on autopilot for a while. I feed everyday of course for the mandarins and flame scallop and dose and top off every couple days, but I've only done water changes every few weeks and I hardly look at the tank anymore (well, I still look at it, but not hours a day like I used to)

I promise I'll spam this thread with pics when I get my new camera (hopefully) next week

• 2 weeks later...
altolamprologus

I suppose this thread deserves a new FTS. Just a warning, the tank looks like absolute sh!t right now

014.jpg

altolamprologus
What do you mean, looks like shiit? Looks good to me, everything looks so healthy!

What kind of camera did ya get?

I just don't think it looks as good as it has in the past. I've accidentally fragged a lot of corals and there's algae growing everywhere.

Panasonic lumix ts20

Nope, it's Rhodymenia holmesii, a hitchhiker, and can sometimes overrun other algae, corals, etc

I can't see it close up of course but are you sure it is not red dictoya? I have it, super invasive, and sends out spores I think, has multiple holdfasts, slight iridescence on the leaves. Just evil.

Pic from web

valon.jpg

Mine:

IMG_4555.JPG

altolamprologus

Idk it could be the same thing. Mine doesn't send out spores, but it does spread really fast and whenever bits of it break off, I have to be sure to catch them because they start growing where ever they land.

Idk it could be the same thing. Mine doesn't send out spores, but it does spread really fast and whenever bits of it break off, I have to be sure to catch them because they start growing where ever they land.

Yes it will grow anywhere! And does not seem to need much light to do so.

Are you enjoying taking pictures?

altolamprologus
Are you enjoying taking pictures?

Yes I am! I love being able to take pics whenever I want. My only issue is I haven't figured out how to adjust the shutter speed yet (or if I'm even able to) so I still can't take crisp, clear pics.

altolamprologus
Canon or Nikon?

Try spinning the wheel next to the shutter button!

Panasonic lumix dcm ts20. No wheel next the shutter button

altolamprologus
Wait, was it you I gave the red yuma to or was that Yoshii? I think it was you... How is it doing? :o

I still have it. It's doing fine, chilling with my other yumas and ric floridas

Yes I am! I love being able to take pics whenever I want. My only issue is I haven't figured out how to adjust the shutter speed yet (or if I'm even able to) so I still can't take crisp, clear pics.

Try stepping back and zooming in, sometimes you are just too close for the camera to focus.

Alto, I'm sending a sample of my invasive red dictoya to DrunkenMonk to get a positive ID. I've PMd GRMoore for his addy to do the same. FYI.

• 2 weeks later...

So all the corals you have in your tank have been growing and living well under stock lighting?

Also I would like to say your tank is amazing.

altolamprologus
So all the corals you have in your tank have been growing and living well under stock lighting?

Also I would like to say your tank is amazing.

Yep, for almost 2 years :D

Thanks, man :)

Archived