Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Oh no! Another minibow!

ReeferMonkey

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
a_fool_for_fish

hey u guys a little of topic but i just wanted to say its nice to know that there a few people my age keepin reefs. in 13 and i have 2 tanks a 135 and a 30. my 135 has some montipora and another unidentifed stony but until i get my metal halids itll just be them along with some zoos, xenia, and a couple dofferent leathers (sarcophyton). and by the way i love your tank reefermonkey. i am ganna set up a nano cube in a little and i just wanted to know how many watts should i get if i wanna get some montys. and another thing is my 30 is sone to have close to 300 watts would that be enough for some montys and such because i feel prety confident with that lighting but i just wanted to get some assuranscei soooo dont meen to steal you thread refeermonkey but after i saw you tank i knew i had to set up a nano, i looove your montiporas so i wanna make sure i get some good info so i dont kill anything

thank you guys so much

ps i hope you dont get mad dude i so dont meen to get you po

ReeferMonkey

NP, I started a new thread documenting my tank's shift to more SPS-dominated. I did fine with my orange (brown) digi under 32w PC, it grew like a weed. The orange cap also did well under the 32w PC. The green cap w/ pink rim turned flat brown but still put on some growth.

I think that if you added a 28/32w PC to the existing cube (or just waited for the new hood they're releasing with 2 x 28w PC) you should have no problem at all keeping some of the less colorful montiporas. That's really the downside to PCs, it's more difficult to get the best coloration. Buy some that are decent looking and cross your fingers.

300w is more than enough on a 30 to keep some SPS. I assume you're talking MH, but even with T5/VHO you could keep SPS in the top 12" or so.

Thanks for the compliments. Look for my new thread, I picked up some other montis (Montipora danai, purple digitata) that do well under MH.

Archived