ReefCleaners.org

A's 33L softy reef

arwndsh

Deleted User 6

I SERIOUSLY wish I had a video of D putting out a chiller fire, lol.

Why's he not on here anymore? He hates me doesn't he.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was more smoke than fire to be honest.

I think he's avoiding NR for some of the reasons we've talked about on FBWL lately if you get my drift.

Ordered a new RODI unit last night from Air Water Ice so maybe I can do a water change soon. The grocery stores have stoped carrying DI water.

Ok I have a quandry I like the McCoskers but I've always wanted a green coris wrasse cause they are highlighter green. Never thought I'd be able to find one locally so when D pointed out the McCoskers I thought ok cute. Now a lfs has a green coris wrasse. Will they kill each other if I decide I want to add the green coris wrasse to the tank?

Ok I have a quandry I like the McCoskers but I've always wanted a green coris wrasse cause they are highlighter green. Never thought I'd be able to find one locally so when D pointed out the McCoskers I thought ok cute. Now a lfs has a green coris wrasse. Will they kill each other if I decide I want to add the green coris wrasse to the tank?

I had a McCosker's and a Green Coris together for a short while in my 30L.

The Green Coris was the latecomer and he got chased around a little right at first.

Then he got settled in and he became such a good eater that he was getting a lot of the food before the McCosker's could get to it and I worried a little about the McCosker's getting enough.

They hit a point where they established who was dominant though and they got along fine once that was established.

Hmm well the McCoskers is an inch and a half long. I'll have to see how big the coris is and even if he is still there when we go this afternoon. I just saw him on the stock list they post every Friday.

Oh and Weets I love the new av lol. :)

Thanks Lani.

:( No green coris. It was gone when we got there after having to drive through DC cause there was a wreck on the beltway. Sigh maybe next time. Although we did stop in a used book store and I got 21 books for $18. I'm gonna be busy :)
Needreefunds

Did not know about the CW tank. So sorry Amber. :(

Sux about the coris too...nutz.

Score on the books though! :happy:

Hi Jamie :waves: Hows college?

I have some bad news for you. We had a week long power outage over the summer and then the chiller caught fire so the coldwater tank is no more. :(

Oh so update on this tank. I bought some Rod's food to try and fed it to the fish last night and all four fish were out snapping it up. I got to see my firefish whom I haven't seen since I added the clowns.

Aw, that really sucks. :( Maybe someday I can send you stuff to get one started again. College is basically the best thing ever, especially now that I have a tank again. Now I just need to get to the upper levels where I can actually do cool research!

Mine hid all the time. Hopefully yours is out and about and flashing those colors all the time. :)

Had to comment on this since its been a week. The little guy is out all the time popping in and out of holes. I see more of him than I do the firefish who unfortunately didn't like the addition of new fish to his home.

:grouphug: Aww guys thanks for the words about the cw tank.

Jamie I don't know if we'll ever set one up again, but never say never right ;)

The RODI unit should be here Tuesday, D's tank is being dropped shipped from Current, and the light is on back order. So it looks like his future inhabitants will be staying in my tank for awhile. I might try to take pictures if its not too late tonight when I get home.

Modified my scape today. Please forgive the dirty glass. I'll clean it tomorrow I was tired of having my hands in the tank.

New FTS

IMG_8180.jpg

Left side

IMG_8181.jpg

Middle

IMG_8182.jpg

Right side

IMG_8183.jpg

Pretty yellow toadstool from DT

IMG_8185.jpg

Nice, I have fragged that toadstool multiple times :P

Did the clowns host in it when you had it? The orange one has decided to host it and the black one can't make up his mind.

Very nice softie tank! I have an affection for the easy corals. It's the focus of my 12g :)

I'm surprised your clowns haven't hosted the finger/devils hand? leather in the center! It's nice and big for them! I used to have a giant toadstool that my clowns hosted. Everyone thought my TS was an anemone.

I have a juvenile b/w clown. Was thinking of adding a mate for him, o/w ocellaris. I see that the two colors look great together. I'll be following your softy reef :)

Thanks! I perfer the movement over soft corals to the brightly colored sticks of hard corals.

I'm waiting on confirmation from DT but they may have hosted the toadstool in his tank before coming to live in mine.

Thanks again. I'll have to check your tank out.

Needreefunds

My onyx pair have spent time in the neon green toady in my RSM.

The OC pair in my 75 prefer the huge colony of yellow polyps. :happy: Never know what will seem like home to them. :D

It has been confirmed by DT that they hosted the toadstool in his tank before they came to live in mine.

I was digging through my old emails and came across the previous owners build thread and pics of the tank. Its amazing how its changed.

build thread

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183781

sale thread with pics

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=224722

New fish - Lemon peel Half-black hybrid

IMG_8227.jpg

IMG_8229.jpg

IMG_8244.jpg

New clam

IMG_8243.jpg

New torch

IMG_8237.jpg

Corals from the original tank owner

IMG_8231.jpg

Toadstool

IMG_8230.jpg

IMG_8256.jpg

Clownfish at home

IMG_8269.jpg

IMG_8270.jpg

IMG_8271.jpg

IMG_8273.jpg

Will be interesting to see how the Lemon peel half black hybrid interacts with the clams and softies. Everything looks wonderful A, the clown in the leather is perfect!!!

Thanks guys.

I'm try to learn how to take better photos. D says I won't be an aspiring photographer until I learn how to change my own settings.

Archived