Innovative Marine Aquariums

33L Custom AIO in MD *SOLD*

El_Jefe

Hello all,

I am looking to get rid of my custom 33L AIO reef tank. I just had a second child and the tank has become more of a chore than a pleasure to me, so it is time to move on. I'll start with some pics of the system. These shots are from when I got the tank set up and running last March. Since then, everything has grown out nicely and all of the rocks have a good covering of coraline over them.

33_Long_10.jpg

33_Long_9.jpg

For more details on the tank, check out my build thread from last year:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183781

I would love to sell the entire system (except for stand) together if possible, but I would consider parting out the system depending on interest. I live in the DC/Baltimore area, and prefer doing business locally if possible. Here are some details about the tank:

Tank: 48x12x12 glass aquarium with custom build acrylic false wall 3 chamber refugium. All pumps and heater concealed behind false wall. Acrylic lids cover the tank.

Water movement: 3 maxijet 900 powerheads. 2 powerheads run 6 jets that protrude slightly from the substrate, while the third circulates water through the refugium chambers. (see build thread)

Heater: 100W Stealth submersible

Lighting: T5HO 4x48 fixture from HelloLights

Aragonite substrate covers the bottom of the tank, and is now 10 months old. Liverock fills about 1/2 of the tank, I'm not sure about the total weight. About half of the liverock came from my 12g aquapod, and has been going for 2+ years, so this is a well established tank at this point. Here is a rundown of the coral and critters in the tank:

Coral:

Nepthea - 8 good sized stalks, plus a couple of smaller offshoots

Green Sinularia - 5 small stalks (1/2 to 1'' tall)

Pink and metallic purple mushrooms (5-10 of each variety)

Branching SPS coral - birdsnest if memory serves. Its been steadily growing since I got it

Frogspawn - 2 good sized heads

Green/red zoos - 2 small colonies (5-20 heads) and 1 large colony (30+ heads)

Green/brown button polyp of some sort - 4 heads

Critters:

1 false perc clown

3-5 blue leg hermits

A variety of snails

Chiton

Overall, the tank runs just as I hoped it would. The tank is extremely quiet, with only a faint hum from the submerged powerheads. I liked the idea of a fully enclosed system because the only way this will leak water is if the tank itself were to fail. The jets provide a nice distributed flow that all of my corals seem to like. Everything is in great shape, and there are no visible scratches on the tank.

I am looking to get $400 OBO for everything you see except the stand. If you really want the stand as well, I'm sure we could work something out. PM me if interested in the system, or if you have an interest in any of the individual components of the tank. Thanks for looking.

I snapped some current pictures of the tank today. Here ya go:

33L_2.jpg

33L_1.jpg

33L.jpg

33L_3.jpg

Nepthea

33L_4.jpg

Green Sinluaria

33L_5.jpg

Zoos

33L_6.jpg

SPS and Clown

33L_7.jpg

Shrooms

33L_8.jpg

Frogspawn

33L_9.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...
I loved this tank from the time you first set it up, and I were close to you I'd be severely tempted to get it.

GL with the sale.

Thanks! I hope I can find it a good home.

Archived