Top Shelf Aquatics

A's 33L softy reef

arwndsh

Thanks guys.

I'm try to learn how to take better photos. D says I won't be an aspiring photographer until I learn how to change my own settings.

you're lucky you have D around for advice <_<

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks AM.

MD there is a pretty good primer Jere made in the photography forum for how to take photos of your tank. It just takes practice, lots of practice and patience. I had to sit there for a good half hour to get the photos of the clown in the toadstool. Oh and just to make it clear my D is not DHaut they just share the same name.

Thanks AM.

MD there is a pretty good primer Jere made in the photography forum for how to take photos of your tank. It just takes practice, lots of practice and patience. I had to sit there for a good half hour to get the photos of the clown in the toadstool. Oh and just to make it clear my D is not DHaut they just share the same name.

Oh ok then nvm but thanks for the info....I have a crappy camera so that can be s

part of iy

MD you can get good photos with a point and shoot. My husband won a photo contest with a photo he had taken with a point and shoot. His website is danielhawkins.com if you would like to see his photos.

Oh and everyone must celebrate cause UK is headed to the final four. Woohooo Jorts is the man. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Will be interesting to see how the Lemon peel half black hybrid interacts with the clams and softies. Everything looks wonderful A, the clown in the leather is perfect!!!

So an update on this for you Henry. He has decided he likes LPS. So all LPS, except for the candy canes and a couple of new additions that I hope to have photos of soon, have been relocated to the tank across the room. I talked to Copps this weekend at our club meeting and he said I ended up with a hybrid of the two worst coral pickers out of the dwarf angel family. But what can I say I love the little guy.

To hold you over though here are some photos from the tank across the room

IMG_8290.jpg

IMG_8294.jpg

Needreefunds

Thanks Amber. I just threw my camera out the back door...

Tell your other half it's his fault too.

:P

Beautiful pictures A!

Hubby still has it I see.

Thanks guys! I'll try to get more pictures of my tank up this weekend. Its my first Saturday off in 3 months. :happydance:

Richie-Don't let D's skills get ya down he has lots of practice. My photos are only good thanks to a good camera and lightroom.

A, that's a very cool angel. Too bad he's a nipper.

Your pictures look great. They're better than most pictures posted here by people not named Daniel, Jeremiah, or Kim.

• 2 months later...

The angel has taken out an open brain, nipped on a chalice, and has picked on the large leather in the center of the tank, but seems to leave the other corals alone. I do have a fair amount of algea for him to pick on in the tank.

Going to have some new additions soon, will post more pictures when they arrive.

Thanks AM! Oh I saw the tinest pair of neon gobies the other day at the LFS the biggest one was maybe half an inch long. I would have gotten them except I doubt they would have ever been seen again in my tank.

Archived