Top Shelf Aquatics

Mrcoral.com

ThemadReefer

Straight from the Mr. Coral Website:

"GUARANTEE :

We guarantee live arrival. However, we are NOT responsible for shipping delays. If for some reason there is a DOA coral, we will gladly issue you STORE CREDIT for that coral. In order for a store credit to be issued, we must be contacted within 2 hours of delivery and must receive a clear photograph (SPECIFY - OF WHAT) within 24 hours. Failure by the customer to accept the package on the first delivery attempt will void this guarantee."

Every single online livestock dealer I have seen will not give straight up cash refunds but rather a store credit. It is the way the business works, deal with it.

This!!!!! ^^^^^^ 100% correct. Live Aquaria is the same live arrival guarantee!!! But they don't need to see pictures.

OP is not following the rules for the guarantee...and he is butt hurt and posting these threads.

Please keep in mind I am in no way on Mr. Corals side...anyones side for that matter. But lets be fair and not bash the vendor because you don't want to go by their guarantee!

Sorry Madreefer........follow the rules.......if you decide not to, keep it to yourself bro.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered from Mr. Coral. Ended up with over 70 frags. I filled every single hole in 4 frag racks. I only had one DOA and it was an SPS.

orqjvk.jpg

I was able to to take my almost barren tank and fill it out.

33os6jl.jpg

I haven't noticed any nudibranchs... If I do, I may change my report. But overall, I am very happy with the order.

Awesome tank!! 69 out of 70!! That is what we like to hear!! If you can send me some pics during grow out for the store that would be great. I would love to see the progress.

Awesome tank!! 69 out of 70!! That is what we like to hear!! If you can send me some pics during grow out for the store that would be great. I would love to see the progress.

No problem. I actually received 72 frags. 1 SPS piece was doa and one zoa frag subsequently melted away over a week or so. 70 frags are alive and well in my tank. The acans look great. The chalices and favias are awesome. I bleached the SPS on accident by leaving them in the CoralRX too long. They had great polyp extension within an hour after going into the DT and are starting to color back up. I ordered a few too many zoas, but the ones I added look great. Hopefully I don't encounter any nudibranchs.

I'm pleased I was able to stock the tank without spending a fortune. Now I can just look for individual pieces and still have tank full of corals in the mean time.

lessergeneration

my bud on another forum got about 12-15 $10 acans and they all arrived happy and healthy adn hes had em for a few weeeks now and seem to be doing fine

i've ordered 3 times that was enough for me. i'm not out to bash anyone i just like bigger pieces that $10 specks. your odds of survival are low. i followed procedure contacted sonny, and it took a month of emails but i got my "store credit" which was really only $40 even though i had a 60% loss on a $100 frag pack. because of him haveing to pay shipping i got kinda stiffed on that one. so i wound up buying $90 ontop of the $40 "credit" to get free shipping again. and was and will be the last order i place with him. just plain not impressed with the quality. i get not refunding the money thing but imo when you have a 60% loss you should credit 60% of the order not 40% because of poor shipping habits.( multiple frags in a bag)

but i'm sure that's all fixed now along with the 10 day hold before shipping lol. good luck man, but in all reality sonny wins on this one. you should have followed store policy and atleast gotten some bigger pieces he might have been able to ship better. i don't personally like the vendor based on my experience but i'm smart enough to know that if i want some sort of compenstation i HAVE to follow that store policies weather or not i like it.

AGAIN...I'M NOT CALLING HIM B/C I DO NOT want to buy from him again so a store credit isn't gonna do #### for me!!

I would NEVER, ever do business with this hack ever again....

you really do get what you pay for......and i'd rather pay MORE and get quality then spend 10 bucks on something i'll have for less than a week

maybe everyone is having a hard time understanding this

This!!!!! ^^^^^^ 100% correct. Live Aquaria is the same live arrival guarantee!!! But they don't need to see pictures.

OP is not following the rules for the guarantee...and he is butt hurt and posting these threads.

Please keep in mind I am in no way on Mr. Corals side...anyones side for that matter. But lets be fair and not bash the vendor because you don't want to go by their guarantee!

Sorry Madreefer........follow the rules.......if you decide not to, keep it to yourself bro.

read above post dickweed

Straight from the Mr. Coral Website:

"GUARANTEE :

We guarantee live arrival. However, we are NOT responsible for shipping delays. If for some reason there is a DOA coral, we will gladly issue you STORE CREDIT for that coral. In order for a store credit to be issued, we must be contacted within 2 hours of delivery and must receive a clear photograph (SPECIFY - OF WHAT) within 24 hours. Failure by the customer to accept the package on the first delivery attempt will void this guarantee."

Umm you won't be 180 bucks "in the hole" if you weren't so stuck up and followed procedure. You would get your store credit, and while it is not cash back in your pocket it is your whole 180 bucks which you could use to re-buy the coral which arrived DOA.

Mr. Coral would replace your coral for free. . . but you don't want that because you think you should be an exception to the rules.

Every single online livestock dealer I have seen will not give straight up cash refunds but rather a store credit. It is the way the business works, deal with it.

While I have not personally ordered from Mr. Coral and have read many bad things as well I would not personally consider your "review" as useful since you clearly have something jambed up your ass.

again.....read above post....I've made this point SEVERAL times in this thread.....perhaps you should learn to read

Reading this I am not sure what the OP was expecting. You dont get huge show pieces from mr.coral for $10. You get $10 worth of coral. Yes they are small and you have to let them grow. Yes they do have a better chance to die but to me it is worth it because I can have a much better selection of coral for 1/4 what would would pay at a LFS. Remember you get what you pay for. If you do not want small frags that you have to let grow them mr.coral is not for you and I think he is ok with that. But for me it is the best thing because I do not have an endless supply of welth to buy coral but I do have the time to watch them grow. OP get over your self and all of this is your fault. This time of the year it is always a risk to ship coral. And once something when wrong with your order you did everything wrong for yourself. Mr.coral is not to blame here you are. Mr.coral does not hide what you get when you order from him he shows you a photo of every frag. You just had expectations that could not be met. Not Mr.corals fault. And yes mr.coral is a great sponser of this site.

Reading this I am not sure what the OP was expecting. You dont get huge show pieces from mr.coral for $10. You get $10 worth of coral. Yes they are small and you have to let them grow. Yes they do have a better chance to die but to me it is worth it because I can have a much better selection of coral for 1/4 what would would pay at a LFS. Remember you get what you pay for. If you do not want small frags that you have to let grow them mr.coral is not for you and I think he is ok with that. But for me it is the best thing because I do not have an endless supply of welth to buy coral but I do have the time to watch them grow. OP get over your self and all of this is your fault. This time of the year it is always a risk to ship coral. And once something when wrong with your order you did everything wrong for yourself. Mr.coral is not to blame here you are. Mr.coral does not hide what you get when you order from him he shows you a photo of every frag. You just had expectations that could not be met. Not Mr.corals fault. And yes mr.coral is a great sponser of this site.

so it's all my fault that he ships fresh cut frags that have a 50% less chance of survival then if he was to let them heal

get OVER YOURSELF and GTFO this thread douche

I was thinking of giving him a try, but now I won't. I was fooling myself into thinking it was a good deal!

please DON'T.....if you have a bad experience with him he'll give you a store credit and make you buy from him again

yea.....no thanks

I was thinking of giving him a try, but now I won't. I was fooling myself into thinking it was a good deal!

It is a good deal you just need to understand what you are getting and the risks involved more so with the time of year it is. There are just as many threads on here praising mr.coral that there are not happy with him. Just do some looking around for your self. Dont take the OPs word for it.

so it's all my fault that he ships fresh cut frags that have a 50% less chance of survival then if he was to let them heal

get OVER YOURSELF and GTFO this thread douche

yea.....no thanks

Dude I just think that you have more issues other than mr.coral.

It is a good deal you just need to understand what you are getting and the risks involved more so with the time of year it is. There are just as many threads on here praising mr.coral that there are not happy with him. Just do some looking around for your self. Dont take the OPs word for it.

Dude I just think that you have more issues other than mr.coral.

whatever dude....

leave your comments to yourself

whatever dude....

leave your comments to yourself

At this point I think you should do the same. Right now you are making yourself look stupid and making mr.coral look good.

O BTW this is a place for an open exchange of ideas weither or not they agree with your idea of what is right. If you dont like it leave this is not the place for you. If you like an open exchange of ideas change the attitude.

ThemadReefer,

seriously your expectations are way too high and you're stuck on a high horse. sorry if he had $180 of my money you bet i'd find something for about that price in his inventory for him to replace my lost good with. you being childish about this is really stupid on your part. fine i get it you don't want anything else from him. but your not getting your money back so why not make the next logical move and get $180 worth of coral shipped to you, you're already over the minimum order for free shipping on his site. seriously i'm not a fan of mr. coral at all! but you're being a dumbass, not taking the credit is a huge fumble on your part, grow up. he is in the right weather or not you want to accept it. and this is someone who won't ever buy from that vendor again. he is right. you should have called, email'd taken pictures done everything to cover your ass.

BUT, you messed up so shut up already. you've proven yourself and have been proven wrong in this situation. grow up take the dignified way out and just stop.

Dont take the OPs word for it.

I was going on what gabe_j was saying, more than OP. It just made me think and tiny frags are not what I really want.

but I really need to check with wifi first. :P

You are going to let some guy that is screaming obscenities at people let you sway your decision? I am not saying go for it. There are pros and cons with Mr. Coral however the OP is just on a rampage because he just flat out gave up and feels screwed. He didn't even call Mr Coral to get things right. I am not saying that Mr Coral would have refunded his money but the OP didn't even give Mr Coral the chance. I think that for his attack to be valid a respectable effort should have been made to get things corrected. If you are going to cut your losses, be respectable about it. There are others that had good experiences. The problem with this situation is that a lot of people don't mention that they have had a good experience, they only mention the bad. The poll that I previously posted that the OP of this thread had thrown so far off topic had asked if people would order from a mr coral $20 section 32 people replied yes while 12 said no. That is greater than a 2:1 ratio (not saying you couldn't do the math yourself) but that has to equate to something.

The guy named himself Themadreefer before joining. Maybe he just has some sort of issue with aggresion I don't know. The poicy states you get store credit with a picture of a DOA. All items are WYSIWYG so angry OP saw what he was ordering. Hell if he wants to complain about the fact that the size is small this is a quote directly from the website "*For size please note the squares in the white crate are 3/4 inch across." He went into it knowing all of this yet still wants to complain. If your decision was swayed because of some jerk writing in all caps and using profanity then I offer you my sympathy, if you have researched and found other posts and found that Mr. Coral order was just not for you, I can respect that. Speaking from experience I have placed 2 orders and they have been successfull enough for me to place a 3rd.

I've done business locally with Sonny for a while now (pretty much when the store opened) and it's been a pleasure having such a great store so close to home. However, I guess there is a difference from buying locally and online. As others have said, you should always read the policies on any site before ordering. I'm surprised some of you think you got stiffed on the $10 pieces; ALL of his corals in the $10 section are WYSIWYG and you should be getting the coral exactly as pictured. As far as I can tell the vast majority of frags are given a few days to heal (unless you ask sonny specifically to frag something off a large colony).

I have about 20 $10 frags from Mr.(censored) all are doing great a growing out. But I will never buy from that guy again for the very reasons the OP stated... I get the same deals on from (censored) on ebay, only bigger, healthier and clean.

Thats all I got to say... Carry on :D

Woops... I for got to say this,

Gee whizzzzzzzzzz NOT ANOTHER MR.(Censored) bashing thread!

I love mr. Coral! I have ordered from them at least 6 times. I always do $130 to get free shipping. That's 13 frags per order for you guys that can't count. 78 frags. One DOA and we talked to sonny and all was taken care of. If you like spending 40 or 50 bucks for a stick, don't order from Mr coral!

I love mr. Coral! I have ordered from them at least 6 times. I always do $130 to get free shipping. That's 13 frags per order for you guys that can't count. 78 frags. One DOA and we talked to sonny and all was taken care of. If you like spending 40 or 50 bucks for a stick, don't order from Mr coral!

and there you have it. Mr. Big ok's Mr. Coral :huh:

whofeelsitknowsit

I have ordered from him four or five times. The only time I ever had DOAs was my fault -- I wasn't home when the FedEx guy arrived, and the corals had to wait an extra day in a warehouse in the dead of winter. My bad. Every other time, I have had no problems. Like others have said, all his frags are WYSIWYG, so I don't really understand why people would think he's misleading them.

Do it, dickie!!!

I have ordered from him four or five times. The only time I ever had DOAs was my fault -- I wasn't home when the FedEx guy arrived, and the corals had to wait an extra day in a warehouse in the dead of winter. My bad. Every other time, I have had no problems. Like others have said, all his frags are WYSIWYG, so I don't really understand why people would think he's misleading them.

Do it, dickie!!!

but I really need to check with wifi first. :P

there you have it! I now, see the light!!!

Archived