inTank Media Baskets

Fish Need it 24" T5-HO

Mini-Dude

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually ordered one and had it over my 36G tank. It wasn't bad, but didn't give me enough light, not to my needs atleast. I recently upgraded to a 135W LED fixture, and I'm a happy camper.

I am looking to sell it if anyone is interested, wasn't even used for 2 weeks. PM me if interested.

FishStrings

The 4 bulb fish need it is where the deal is at. Wavepoint started making a very good double and they have a quad as well. At the moment I use coralife aqualight t5 HO double 48w and am satisfied because of its cost effectiveness. The reflector in it is really good. The stock bulbs sucked but I changed to hagen GLO 18k and blue then my xenia popped right up.

• 3 weeks later...
what type of reflectors do the FNI T5 use? I have a 46 bowfront that has 18 inches of water depth.

Probably wouldn't work to well.

If you want t5, go with ati or tek for that depth.

Or get 2 fni mh fixtures or any other mh fixture. I would recommend 2 bulbs.

I think I will be purchasing the 24" 4 bulbs T5HO fixture. I'll definitely replace the bulbs with something better though! Right now I have the 36" 2 bulb fixture but it's over two of my vivariums. The 6700K stock bulbs I got with it were perfectly fine and the plants are happy. The fixture is fairly nice too.

Archived