Coral Vue Hydros

Crocea Clam releasing sperm

adam87

Hope clam is OK.

...I second that.

I have never kept large clams, cucs, sea apples or anemones in small tanks,

I am just too afraid something might happen. Too many bad stories.

I don't mean to say yours was too big, but I have heard tale of people

with several in a small reef and have two or three release love fluid into their display tanks. :tears:

Interesting thanks.

I wonder since this issues has popped up a couple times this week if there is a natural cause triggering clams to release at this time of the year.

Im thinking so... My buddy was telling me his water was cloudy today and I saw something in my tank get a little too excited.... Plus another forum there was a thread about tons of brittle stars coming out. Must be that time....

Nature can be pretty amazing if you ask me, everything sync'd up like that.

CosmicAquatics

I just wanted to throw in my two cents. I have witnessed my clams and urchins spawning often. It usually follows a waterchange when the water is a little cold.

I just wanted to throw in my two cents. I have witnessed my clams and urchins spawning often. It usually follows a waterchange when the water is a little cold.

...interesting... :happy:

I acutally hadn't done a wc yet, I did one later but not at the time.

Clam sperm killed almost everything in my tank, but the clam lived merrily on. The GSP did too. My Clown Goby died in the melon sized Monti cap it lived in, but the Yellow Watchman Goby lived. The Torch and Candy Cane died, but the Zoas lived. Spooky.

Archived