Coral Vue Hydros

Meximazing's Rimless 20 Long with EL EE DEEZ

Meximazing

I decided to add another 12 LEDs to the mix to add some light around the tank. Here's what it looks like now.

Before

n1of1.jpg

After

ht4r1of1.jpg

Before

t1of1.jpg

After

rr41of1.jpg

Tomorrow I get a sand bed. woohooo!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try and grab some pics for the LED layout for you DirtyC, and no, I'm not using optics as the tank isn't very deep.

The Gats I actually bought a frag of Red planet today, and it doesn't look much like the ACR. It has brown polyps for now. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it colors up!

I added a sandbed and I think it looks way better. Let me know what you guys think. Also added a few more corals today.

FTS

kjhg1of1.jpg

ACR

551of1.jpg

Green Poccilopora

bbww1of1.jpg

Orange Cap (terrible photo)

bbww441of1.jpg

The black bottom did provide a nice contrast but I couldn't keep up with all the detritus that would pile up.

DirtyC. These are driven with Meanwell LPC-35-700's so I can't dim them with a controller. However, I do have them setup so they turn off and on a half hour apart from each other.

damn thats low

your setup got me thinking of one for my 40br too

im thinking almost same as yours but im gonna wire the blues together and whites to their own lpc35

and i have an extra 24" t5 retro lying around so im gonna add that too

Yea it's real low. I wanted maximum penetration without the use of optics.

If you've got a canopy you should be able to hide the retro's and LEDs pretty easily.

24 LEDs works well for the island look. 36 LEDs really gives you good coverage

I got bored today....so I added another 12 LEDs. All Royal blue. The tank looks WAY better to my eyes. Really brought the color temp closer to 20k. I'll put pics up soon!

Tried to figure it out. Still have no idea. I'm going to try and give the remaining coral to a local club member tomorrow and try and go from there. No access to fresh RO/DI right now otherwise I'd go a serious water change (I use Publix RO water).

Archived