Coral Vue Hydros

Meximazing's Rimless 20 Long with EL EE DEEZ

Meximazing

Hey guys the 40 breeder overflowed and was electrocuted. Here is the current tank I setup. It's a derimmed 20L and much easier to maintain while taking up far less space in my apartment.

Lights:

Soon to be ceiling mounted CREEs (24)

Skimmer:

Eshopps PSK-100H

Water Movement:

1 x Koralia Nano

Fish:

Yellow watchman goby

Coral: (soon to be)

Green monti cap

Ped monti cap

Pink monti cap

German blue digitata

Green digitata

Orange digitata

ORA bird of paradise

Pink birdsnest

Pink pocillopora

Hammer cora

Neon green deepwater acro

Green Slimer

Hollywood stunner

A bunch of paly's and zoa's that I don't know the name of.

Neon green leather toadstool

orange and purple yuma

Dosing:

I dose Brightwell Aquatics part A & B daily.

Mag occasionally.

Most recent FTS 3.26.11

551of1.jpg

(OLD TANK)

n1of1.jpg

t1of1.jpg

m1of1.jpg

nb1of1.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn.. nice tank dude. The colors are amazing. What LED's are you using? Btw.. you know what would make this tank 100x better? Nice fine white sand. Just sayin.. :P

Damn.. nice tank dude. The colors are amazing. What LED's are you using? Btw.. you know what would make this tank 100x better? Nice fine white sand. Just sayin.. :P

I'm using Steve's LEDs. Each fixture has 7 x RB's 2 x 7,000k whites 2 x 10,000k whites 1 x cyan green. Lol the reason this went bare bottom is because I had coral sand in there before and it trapped WAY too much detritus and was spiking my nitrates.

Wicked scape, color, lighting, everything. This tank is drool for shure.

Thanks man!

The knock off powerhead I'm using came from Ebay found Here

Let me warn you, they are LOUD and I will be replacing mine soon

Lol the reason this went bare bottom is because I had coral sand in there before and it trapped WAY too much detritus and was spiking my nitrates.

Damn aint that the truth dude. The sad story about crushed coral that many people find out about the hard way. Just asking about the led combo you were using because that color is amazing! And it doesn't even look too blue either. Is it really blue in person or do the pictures pretty much show it how it is?

Damn aint that the truth dude. The sad story about crushed coral that many people find out about the hard way. Just asking about the led combo you were using because that color is amazing! And it doesn't even look too blue either. Is it really blue in person or do the pictures pretty much show it how it is?

Oh yea you can count me in for learning the hard way :D. The first few times I tried to photograph the tank I could never get it right, but this time I think I did. These pictures are almost exactly what you would see if you came over to look at the tank. I tried to photograph the actinic crazyness, but my POS camera couldn't do it.

Which drivers are you running the stevesleds off of if you don't mind me asking? Also how many drivers?

I'm using 2 x Meanwell LPC-35-700. LED's are wired in series receiving 700ma each. Wear a pair of B) if you decide to look at any 3W diode at 700ma. Good lord.

Zoa's grow mad. I have new heads every week. All of the SPS that are in there are a little less than week old, so they're still acclimating to the new environment (they came from a MH system). I'll keep dosing and document growth over the next month though.

Looks good. I like the rockwork. How stable are the islands with no sand to help balance and support the rocks?

The island on the right is completely stable. The core rock is very flat on the bottom. The left side is very stable as well. The rock underneath the large piece has 4, almost squared off points of contact, and the large rock atop it is pretty flat as well.

Very nice tank.

Thanks I appreciate it! :D

New FTS!

Also added 2 False percs and a condy. The bare bottom has got to go. Every time I siphon the detritus out another pile builds up somewhere.

mm1of1.jpg

Hey guys can you give me a coral ID for these corals? I got 2 for $10 due to their damage. I figured they'd start looking pretty with some nursing.

mnh1of1.jpg

Archived