Top Shelf Aquatics

Meximazing's Rimless 20 Long with EL EE DEEZ

Meximazing

Alright I'm on the build again!

I sold the 40 breeder and decided to downsize so that the aquarium doesn't take up so much space in my apartment.

I've also decided to upgrade my LEDs to all CREE XP Series LEDs. 36 in total. They will be mounted to my ceiling. Here is a picture to give you an idea. The tank will be seated beneath the wave poster and the LEDs mounted above the poster on that 12" jut.

dscn0917l.jpg

I started with a regular 20L and went from this

dscn0911g.jpg

to this

dscn0913.jpg

and I plan on using these (36 total) with 8 degree optics

dscn0915a.jpg

(current little led setup I have for whatever frags survived)

dscn0905o.jpg

Plans are going to be a HEAVILY stocked SPS reef. I'm for sure getting a clown pair and 2 other fish, oddball critters preferably.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened, did you guys not believe me?

Here's the new tank up and running with a FTS and PAR readings.

I need to get these lights hung with optics. Without optics I'm losing a ton of light over a short distance (tank is only 12"). Oh and BTW the left side of the tank are 12 CREE XP Series LEDs (4 Neutral XP-G, 8 XP-E royal) and the right side are 24 Steve's LED's. Both sides are driven at 700ma.

551of1.jpg

parvy.jpg

What do you guys think about the scape?

BTW the PAR meter maxes out at 2000 so it could be higher

God I just looked at all the coral that was in the last tank that is now dead....I gotta start restocking and growing out

They are getting....BLASTED but I have actually seen marked growth over a relatively short period of time. Plus those SPS frags came from a tank with PAR readings almost identical to mine (and same placement). I'm not to far off from this either

HOLY BALLS.

i cant believe i haven't seen this thread yet!

WOOT ANOTHER DE-RIMMED 20L!

Don't let the bowing freak you out, i have it on mine, it'll hold up fine.

You gave me the drive to start an LED build! i hope you don't mind me copying your LED mix :lol:

Just checked your tank out. It looks great...MP10 MAKING ME JEALOUS.

When I first saw the bowing I had the words son of a ##### running through my head, but after being set up I'm confident it will hold and it's good to hear that yours has held thus far.

Steal the mix and run with it! and use a tiny heat sink too lol that heat sink is only 4 x 3 1/2' just make sure you use a fan

Just checked your tank out. It looks great...MP10 MAKING ME JEALOUS.

When I first saw the bowing I had the words son of a ##### running through my head, but after being set up I'm confident it will hold and it's good to hear that yours has held thus far.

Steal the mix and run with it! and use a tiny heat sink too lol that heat sink is only 4 x 3 1/2' just make sure you use a fan

the MP10 took alot of convincing to buy, i was very skeptical at first....i still am...but its slowly growing on me -_-

If you don't mind me asking, why'd you takeout the cyan and other white LEDs?

I dunno if you can tell from the picture but the right side (using 4x10,000k whites, 4x7,500k whites, and 16 blues) is just a tad to washed out and blue for me. The right side with 4 neutrals and 8 blue looks much better. It's more natural and pulls out better color.

Using warmer temperature whites is definitely the way to go

oh and the cyan green really didn't make any difference to the overall look of the tank. Just added green shimmer lines.

took the boat out today and grabbed a clean up crew. Mostly ceriths, nassarius and some local hermits.

Plus that GSP island is finally opening up fully

Picture up tomorrow!

Archived