Innovative Marine Aquariums

LED DORMcube New FTS

brandolando4

ok ill stick with both!! thank you, i hate to bother you some more but do u know what those algaes are in the early pictures!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG i just found my first bristle worm, i turned off the lights for like 5 minutes and used a flash light and there he was omg!! best day ever!! i want more hitch hikers!!! woooo woooo

kept looking around i found a million bristle worms and some sort of pod he is pretty big, like the size of half a fingernail is he good or bad??

so last night was awesome i was worried i was doing stuff wrong, however after i turned my lights off and used a flash light i saw a million billion bristle worrms pods and some sort of crab, he is tiny i want him out he scares me! lol

My stocking plans:

Fish:

1.I want a black australian osceleris (but none of my lfs have them and i refuse to have them shipped to my dorm becasue my front desk people will throw it around)

2. instead i will prolly get a black false perc, and an orange false perc. (im hoping they will pair up!!)

3. mAYbe way down the line i will get some kind of shrimp goby!! maybe

Inverts:

1. Peppermint shrimp (to eat aipastasia)

2. skunk cleaner shrimp maybe

3. sexy shrimp maybe

4. maybe some micro brittle stars.

5. idk i like alot of things.

Corals

1. frogspawn

2. zoa

3. i love gsp (its my favorite)

4. Mushrooms

CUC

1. 2 ceriths

2. 2 hermits

3 emerald crab

4. 2 nasarious snail

5 add as i go along!!

bought some aipastasia x and killed one of the massive nem im hoping the peppermint shrimp will kill the rest!!

starting to get green hair algea growing everywhere idk if this is good or bad, please let me know!!

i was expecting a daitom bloom but have not see one!!

just tested everything it still reads 0, however i di raise my ph to 8.2 im really excited about that!! lol

HH list

1) black sea chuchumber

2) Tons of sponges

3) some sort of macros, they were ugly and dusty but they are starting to tuen this nice green color

4) aipastasia i killed him tho

5) abunch of feather dusters that have red feathers

6) some kind of crab shrimp!!

7) a ton of bristle worms

9) some pods

so ive been wiinning about the lack of life in my tank the past couple of days and the algae bloom, so my gf went out and bought me to astrea snails and some hermits (which are just shells, no hermit in them,) so i have to go get a refund, anyway my paras are all zero im hoping they make it through the cycle ill go buy some chaeto today to help keep levels down so they dont die!!

Hey all, idk if u read my frantic topic earlier, but if you havent, my gf surprised me with a pair of tank raised true percs, and they are just babies they are cute. I know its really earlier but they wont let me return them.

so i dripped them and put them in my tnk, they look healthy. I ran out and bought rods food for them, they are eating and look healthy. i put in my chemipure elite and i got my fuge working. and i made ten gallons of water, and plan on doing 10 percent water changes everyday, so they dont die.i put some ammonia eater in the tank. i plan on monitoring heavily, i hope they make it.

Anyway the rock is really cured and all my params are 0. So they will make it.....I hope...... dont yell at me lol, my gf surprised me with them, she doesnt believe in cycles, lol...women anyway

My two hermits to eat whatever food the fish miss.

post-61368-1295751946_thumb.jpg

My two baby percs..

post-61368-1295751934_thumb.jpg

post-61368-1295751954_thumb.jpg

they are like the size of dime!!

the fish and the hermits are doing fine, however the formula one pellets are dto big for the mouths so i have to buy some flake food for my two clowns.. Lol it ws so funny when they couldnt get their mouth around the pellet lol.

All my params are in check today everything is zero ph is 8.2, my little clowns are doing great they are healthy, they eat, and are breathing normally. It was so funny i gave them pellets and the pellets were too little for the mouth!! lol anyway so i hope my cycle happened. The hermits and the snails are doing fine as well.

If there was signs of any distress the hermits and snails would be the first to show it right???

Where do clowns sleep in a fowlr?? Some people say in there reef tank that there. Lowness sleep in frogspawn or galaxy coral.... But I have nothing but rock and and stuff!!!

so i had a slight ammonia spike today, everything looks fine nothing looks like it has the symptoms of ammonia poisoning, it was only .25 ppt. so it wasnt too big anyway i did a 25 percent water change and added some ammonia detoxifyer

i found some colonial hydroids today. i got my lighter and lit them on fire, i saw one a week ago and thought it was a glass anemone so i aptasia xed it, however that didn't work and now there were 5 of them im hoping death by fire will finish them off!!

I didn't know that about ph, i plan on raising my salinity to that but im trying to wait for my refractometor from stevie, i wish i read that hydrometers sucked. also my kh test is api and brand new but every time i use it i have to use more drops then are in the chart for it to change color!!

the aipastasia is tiny a peppermint shrimp should be able to keep little ones in check correct?

hydrometers work better than nothing. thats all i have ever used. just replace them every 6 months and keep them conditioned with seawater

I went to my lfs today, and I've become friends with the owner and since I have spent so much money at his store, he gave me a free tiny drag of green zoas and a tiny drag of orange!! The orang shave opened up but about half the green zoas are open!!

So today I found a big scary furry crab, I pulled out the rock and tried to get him out, it didn't work, hoping to trap him tonight...

thanks, they are literally the littlest fish ever, couldnt even fit there mouths around pellets!!

HEy guys so its been awhile since ive updated at lot has happened got me some coral and a cleaner shrimp.He is awesome jumps onto your hand and cleans it, everyone in my dorm wants to do it now and i have to tell them to stop.

I keep getting these black nassarius and they keep dying. idk why i have a white one and he is doing good

Coral:

Frogspawn

green zoa

Neon green gsp

bright orange yuma ricordia

post-61368-1296431747_thumb.jpg post-61368-1296431764_thumb.jpg post-61368-1296431781_thumb.jpg post-61368-1296431798_thumb.jpg my clowns Buttercup and Wesly post-61368-1296431839_thumb.jpg post-61368-1296431846_thumb.jpg

i plan on gettting a pink finger leather from a frag dude later this week,

i aslo plan on getting a feather duster, and i really want plate coral or trumpet or candy cane coral.

I plan on adding a bunch of mushrooms to the back wall!!

post-61368-1296431820_thumb.jpg

Hey guys so after the long fish debate i have decided to just play it safe and get the watchman goby!!

the second i put him in there he hid, so i hope he is happy.

And i hope he gets less shy in the coming days!!

has anyone had a watchman that was shy and then got warmed up??

Archived