Pod Your Reef

Andru24's Double Peninsula 20G AIO...

andru24

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blennies look like aliens with their heads popping out.

In other news, my new torch looks just about dead. Not sure why... I did dip it in some fresh RO water before I put it in. Never had an issue with that before, but maybe it didn't like that. I cant imagine it's the lighting strength. It is at the top but it was under 400w mh lights at the store.

Also I put the two fish back together again. OG clown is still bullying new clown... Any ideas?

In my experience, torch corals are more picky thank other euphyllias. I would recommend dipping it in coral RX as it isn't as stressful as freshwater.

In my experience, torch corals are more picky thank other euphyllias. I would recommend dipping it in coral RX as it isn't as stressful as freshwater.

OK good to know. I really like torch corals and my plans for the tank center around having a really nice torch at the top so I'll have to fork over another $20-$30 to get another one I guess. I'll also try it at the bottom of the tank to start and move it up after a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is moving along well. My 2 clowns are getting along well enough. I have added a few corals: a nice plate coral, and a couple of sps. The fuge side stuff is starting to grow. A couple of the mangroves have sprouted roots the algaes all look good and i added a sexy shrimp, porcelain crab, and a boxing crab.

I will try to get some pictures up sometime this week.

More pictures! :)

I think I will be stealing that idea to hold mangroves rather than attaching suction cups to a container since it dismisses the need to use any substrate. :)

Everything is going well so far.

Current occupants:

2 clowns (1 percula, 1 semi-picasso)

1 pom pom crab

1 porcelain crab (didn't realize these were actually squat lobsters)

1 sexy shrimp

Corals:

2 birdsnest

1 fungia plate

4 macros (flame algae and 3 others)

Mangroves

I have ended up replacing both my heater and my pump. The BioCube pump was loud as hell. Replaced it with a MaxiJet 1200... so much quieter.

Fungia PlateIMG_0537.jpg

Any idea what this gray thing is?

IMG_0613.jpgIMG_0615.jpgIMG_0617.jpgIMG_0623.jpgIMG_0624.jpgIMG_0626.jpgIMG_0628.jpgIMG_0629.jpgIMG_0630.jpgIMG_0631.jpgIMG_0633.jpg

doppelganger

looking awesome! It does sound quite quiet as well. Sounds like you have lots of pets haha. Can hear the birds in the background.

No idea what the grey thing is. is it mobile?

man after seeing this again, not sure if I wanna build a 33L like this or a 30B dropoff.... ah!

which side do u like better/watch more often? ;)

Gray thing is not mobile. It does change in size and close up it's "polyps" occasionally. It's really weird it's kind of shaped like an acorn but has a bunch of small holes/polyps coming out the top, with one larger polyp ithe middle.

No birds... Can't quite figure out what that squeaky sound is... Maybe the basketball sneakers from the TV?

I end up looking at the fuge side more if only because it takes awhile to locate the various critters. The crabs hide a lot and the sexy shrimp sometimes blends in.

Is it ok if I might "steal" the idea? Well it wouldnt be stealing but just kind of IDK taking. I would customize it to fit my specs though.

Thanks, Mini-Dude

Looks great! Think it would work for a 20l?

Definitely... I think the longer the tank the better the effect will be...

Is it ok if I might "steal" the idea? Well it wouldnt be stealing but just kind of IDK taking. I would customize it to fit my specs though.

Thanks, Mini-Dude

It's not like the idea is patented... Go for it.

How many inches of your tank does the filtration area take up?

thanks, MD

The chambered area is 4" on mine. For what I have in there, its about perfect. You could increase the size if you needed to fit additional items (skimmer, ATO, etc.)

Noob with some basic DIY skills... Yes.

I keep them on the same cycle just because I want to be able to look at both sides at the same time.

One pump (maxi jet 1200) that has a Y split. I do wish the pump was a little stronger though, so i could take out the koralia powerhead.

My dad has DIY skills.

Yeah thats what I though. Its going in a bedroom so I dont want it shining during the night.

Yeah, I was going to do a MJ1200 with a Y-Split anyway. I am going to use a powerhead in the display but not in the fuge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived