Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

may not be cheap but L&L glass @ like 64th & wads does good work. Plus they should be near "ish" to you.

Thanks bitts I'll have to look them up. I might end up upgrading before I need to put a lid on the Pico so I guess I'll see what comes first. I'd like to combine the live stock from my tank and my girlfriends tank so I need a bigger tank.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drift Monkey
try making a cardboard blueprint/cutout for the glass shop. trace around the picotope lol or something.

seems like a hard thing to do from the top...maybe I'll order an acrylic one and bring that one to glass shop... :P

so i just found out that I am going to be taking care of and maintaining my own show tank at the lfs that i work at. Its a 34 gallon solana that is cycling right now. My plans are to make it a nice lps show tank with some fish and probably some cool inverts. Than once we decide to upgrade tanks at the store I will be able to take this one home! Im stoked! Anyone have any ideas as to what i should put in this tank? I pretty much have an unlimited budget since the livestock will be coming straight from the tanks at the store.

That awesome jg. If your willing to put a lid on the tank why not add a deep sand bed and a bunch of yellowheaded jawfish.

That awesome jg. If your willing to put a lid on the tank why not add a deep sand bed and a bunch of yellowheaded jawfish.

There will definitely be a top on it. I'm wanting to put some cool fish in this tank so I'm not risking any jumpers. How deep does the sandbed have to be for jawfish?

That is a good Idea. Any other suggestions hype or anyone else as far as fish goes. I want this tank to be epic. Its up against my managers 60 gal solana sps tank. So this has got to be good.

That is a good Idea. Any other suggestions hype or anyone else as far as fish goes. I want this tank to be epic. Its up against my managers 60 gal solana sps tank. So this has got to be good.

Thats gana b tough cjs tank is breath taking but am sure u can pull something sweet having no limits. You should try and do something simple looking like sushis elos.

Im still waiting for the solana at the store to cylce so I can finally start throwing stuff in. This is killing me because we have so much cool stuff at the store right now and I just want to fill it already. Anyways, on a pico related note I havent really made any changes or added anything lately. I have been just sitting back and watching it do its own thing. I am sitting at the fish store right now thinking about taking home something but there is too much to choose from. Any ideas? First person to post an idea that we actually have in the store wins. k ready go! :D

brandolando4

Porcelain crab!! I love mine!!

Or a bulmble bee shrimp!! I want one so bad!! It can eat starfish and normal food!! That's awesome!!

Porcelain crab!! I love mine!!

Or a bulmble bee shrimp!! I want one so bad!! It can eat starfish and normal food!! That's awesome!!

Thanks brando. I was waiting for anyone to write back while I was at work but I ended up leaving before anyone replied. I ended up leaving with just a couple snails and some micro hermit crabs for my clean up crew. We do have both of the suggestions that you mentioned in store but I'm not too sure what I will go with. I'm at the store again today so maybe I'll make up my mind by the time I get off.

I ended up coming home with an RKL yesterday and I already love it. I was actually lucky that I did get it because I found out the second I hooked up the itemp probe that my tank was at 83.4 degrees. I spent the rest of the night bringing the temp down with a bag of ice. I don't even have the heater plugged in and it's staying right at 78.9 degrees. Looks like it's going to be a hot summer in colorado.

Lol after u mentioned the rkl i looked them up online i might get the lite version for now. Just gara save

Yeah I got the lite version too. That's really all I need. I haven't really messed with everything that it can do but it's going to be great for when I get my upgraded tank and led's. You should definitely do it.

How much did u get urs for, did you get it from elite?

I did get it from elite and it was only $99 but I got lucky since I work there and I didn't have to pay for it right away. It will just come out of my paychecks.

Nice work on getting the controller. Any new pics of the pico?

I actually havent had a chance to take any new pics of the tank lately. I will try to get some up in the next couple of days.

Archived