Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sarah's 10gal "Rimless"

saraswati

blue vs purple.

that's the difference. Both make coral glow Blues would probably be less bright but much more of a stealth installation, purple are like the lights I posted but "UV color"

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blue vs purple.

that's the difference. Both make coral glow Blues would probably be less bright but much more of a stealth installation, purple are like the lights I posted but "UV color"

:huh: UV isn't a color.

Show me pictures.

I dont have any pictures! I have to make them and if you don't like it I will have to take it apart then! Fine you are getting blue!

NO! Purple! :lol:

So what are your stocking plans?

Well, so far, I have a few leftovers from Ryan's tank; Some xenia, a kenya tree that came with the rock, and some mushrooms. I also got a feather duster, a few crabs from Aaron, and 2 snails. I'm borrowing Ryan's emerald crab to eat all my stupid algae :angry: Other than that, no set plans. I think I'll stick to softies and LPS, since I don't want to buy another light quite yet. I think I'll just peruse the frag swap this weekend and see what I come up with!

Oh, and the damsel, obviously.

Okay....

Hurray! Still not quite sure what's going on BUT IT SEEMS EXCITING.

Crap... I gotta go to radio shack and pick up some resistors or perhaps a new power cord. I think I may have a white moonlight strip somewhere, would you prefer that?

Crap... I gotta go to radio shack and pick up some resistors or perhaps a new power cord. I think I may have a white moonlight strip somewhere, would you prefer that?

Lol, just let me buy one! Geesh!

COASTIE!!

how much you charging for a blue strip??

imma be working on a 10g maself here within a cpl weeks

im interested in a led strip how much?

COASTIE!!

how much you charging for a blue strip??

imma be working on a 10g maself here within a cpl weeks

im interested in a led strip how much?

lol, love the Christmas clam.

Got irritated with all the algae last night, and attacked it with a toothbrush. Rock looks so much better, although I'm sure it'll be back in no time (hopefully the emerald crab will earn his keep!) I definitely need to clean out the filter now, and pick up the enormous chunks that are floating around...

Should be getting some new goodies from Ryan tonight (xenia and mushrooms!), if he remembers, so I'll put up some new pictures whenever it all settles in. TWO DAYS TIL FRAG SWAP WOOOO. omgomgomg

Well, Ryan's emerald crab was d.e.d. Oops. So maybe I'll look out for one of my own.

He did bring me a nice little mushroom, and a super-po'd piece of Xenia. Both the mushrooms submitted to being glued down, and the Xenia is looking better, if still *really* unhappy with its lot in life... For the record, he has been paid in steak.

I woke up this morning to a bit of crab caught in my arched piece of rock. Freaked out for a second until I realize that it was just a molt. *doh* And I should know better, I have a land hermit too, and always freak out with him too. One of them has been sitting in a cave for a while, and I tried to nudge him out this morning, but he wasn't having it. I also lifted up the rock and found an ENORMOUS bristle worm. Apparently, the other night, I freaked out over a stomatella. I didn't have my glasses on, and the tank light was out, and it looked like some sort of terrible sea slug or something. I had seen it before on the rock, but it looked totally weird on the glass.

Lots of exciting adventures!

FRAG SWAP IN CINCINNATI TOMORROW! AWWW yeah!

W

H

A

T

!

?

!

No posts about your new corals?!

I updated my socking list, and I have new pictures, but I spent ALL DAY yesterday baking, so I didn't get time to do it! I'll do it at work today ;-) Good luck switching tanks!

thrift stores often have wall-wart type chargers for cheap.

I picked up a 14v one at Saint Vincet de Paul for $3. Works just fine. To it I connected a 3-led automotive accent light. Total time: 5 minutes.

It makes blue light.

Good enough for me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNIVERSAL-POWER-SUPPLY...815434125301985

The power supply I have.... Definitely worth every penny (though I paid a little bit less)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-30cm-15-LED-Lamp-S...=item2a097906e2

I have those on my 15

http://cgi.ebay.com/9-LED-Strip-Blue-Aquar...=item588abc57b3

I have 2 of these on my 25.

It is EASSSSYYYY to make these. If you want to try it feel free to call me and I will walk you through it.

thrift stores often have wall-wart type chargers for cheap.

I picked up a 14v one at Saint Vincet de Paul for $3. Works just fine. To it I connected a 3-led automotive accent light. Total time: 5 minutes.

It makes blue light.

Good enough for me!

I think I have two sitting around actually. Not sure if they'll work with LEDs I bought.

J/K lol about the pictures... totally left my memory card at home. Wild morning of purchasing lumber.

New Stuff!

I have no idea what is going on with the camera, but it just wasn't having it when I took these; wouldn't focus, wouldn't do the light right. I was also not in the mood to mess with it, but you'll get the idea I think.

Good things are on their way!

P1050226.jpg

NOM NOM NOM. My little algae machine, ze new zebra turbo!

P1050253.jpg

Two different new zooanthids. One was TWO DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS.

P1050296.jpg

Not $2.50, but nice!

P1050295.jpg

This is the new mushroom Ryan gave me. The original one keeps getting knocked around by the crabs, and I'm about sick of it.

P1050232.jpg

Here's a piece with two mushrooms, one kind of bumpy green, and one with red bumps on a green background.

P1050294.jpg

The other half of my 2 for $5 deal with the zoos, a favia.

P1050259.jpg

A nice trumpet/candy cane/whatever the hell you want to call these things! I like to watch his little feeder tentacles out at night.

P1050262.jpg

Harold likes to just swim from cave to cave, and pause in between to stare at you awkwardly.

P1050299.jpg

And the thing I went to the swap for:

RICORDEA!!!

I should have bought more kinds, I'm totally kicking myself for it now. But I'm pleased with this one. It's green and purple and orange. Super neat.

P1050261.jpg

A nice FTS

P1050302.jpg

And a blurry one, but WITH THE FISH!

P1050306.jpg

Make sure you move any Favia away from EVERYTHING! Like agood 4-5" from all your other corals. It has REALLY long sweeper tentacles. I forgot about this and while in the bucket waiting for their new home my favia decided to destroy one of my acans :(

Aaron loves acans :(

Make sure you move any Favia away from EVERYTHING! Like agood 4-5" from all your other corals. It has REALLY long sweeper tentacles. I forgot about this and while in the bucket waiting for their new home my favia decided to destroy one of my acans :(

Aaron loves acans :(

Noooo! Me too!

Well poop. Guess who's going on the sand bed tonight!

Archived