inTank Media Baskets

Sarah's 10gal "Rimless"

saraswati

Looks great!!! flip the heater and stick it in the corner....

That would probably look great.

Really like the black background. Cleans up the tank a lot. Nice scape as well

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the black looks classy!

That's how we roll.

Looks great!!! flip the heater and stick it in the corner.... I think it looks a bit distracting the way it is. That piece from Sandy's looks pretty good.

Done, done, and done.

That would probably look great.

Really like the black background. Cleans up the tank a lot. Nice scape as well

Thanks!

Well, I'm currently covered in super glue, but we have SURPRISES!

P1050021.jpg

WHAAAT!

Xenia! I dunno why, but I absolutely adore this stuff. Can't wait for it to spread EVERYWHERE. It's really pissed here.

P1050025.jpg

Getting in the groove...

P1050039.jpg

And just the CUTEST darn mushroom EVER. Colors are amazing.

P1050038.jpg

And new FTS, with all kinds of junk moved around.

P1050048.jpg

And don't panic, boys, I moved the heater.

Hahaha, the song playing right now on my computer? "Good to Sea". How appropriate.

Have you been testing your parameters? I see Ryan fragged some stuff for you haha. I have a few of those mushrooms in my tank as well :D I really like them.

Have you been testing your parameters? I see Ryan fragged some stuff for you haha. I have a few of those mushrooms in my tank as well :D I really like them.

Yeah, it had a really wimpy cycle. I didn't even see nitrates or nitrites (my filter kept screwing up, so I ended up replacing a lot of water.) The ammonia cleared up a couple of days ago. Now I just need something to eat this damn hair algae...

Yeah, it had a really wimpy cycle. I didn't even see nitrates or nitrites (my filter kept screwing up, so I ended up replacing a lot of water.) The ammonia cleared up a couple of days ago. Now I just need something to eat this damn hair algae...

Vodka eats my hair algae.

Pretty sure you eat vodka.

He did the other night haha...

But seriously... My tank and I have drinking sessions.... since I have a skimmer and all haha.

He did the other night haha...

But seriously... My tank and I have drinking sessions.... since I have a skimmer and all haha.

Are you dosing Vodka now aswell Aaron?

Ya'll are hilarious.

OK! New Stuff. Sarah went shopping, UH OH.

Happy Thanksgiving to me!

P1050051.jpg

Hair algae be damned!

P1050057.jpg

Ohhh yeah. Ryan talked me into fish!

P1050061.jpg

His name is Harold.

Some action shots!

P1050116.jpg

He is dark and PISSED, chillin by a snail getting his nom on.

P1050107.jpg

I just got photobombed by my fish. Was totally aiming for the xenia.

P1050154.jpg

Happy Xenia. This was before it and the hermit crab got in a fist fight, literally. Everyone came out alright.

P1050072.jpg

Mostly full tank. Snails have their work cut out for them...

P1050124.jpg

"Harold only thought it was a Wednesday"

P1050135-1.jpg

You're never going to ask for pictures again.

Are you dosing Vodka now aswell Aaron?

Happy fish? If the snails don't get crackin you'll have to tell me how you do that.

I dose vodka every now and again... It makes my skimmer pull some nasty crap out of the water. I undid my precision tuning of my skimmer when I moved it to the sump but I'll fix it again.

I almost got a yellowtail but I was talked into a totally different type of damsel...

BTW Ryan, Sarah. Our new toys were ordered and should be on there way soon.

I dose vodka every now and again... It makes my skimmer pull some nasty crap out of the water. I undid my precision tuning of my skimmer when I moved it to the sump but I'll fix it again.

I almost got a yellowtail but I was talked into a totally different type of damsel...

BTW Ryan, Sarah. Our new toys were ordered and should be on there way soon.

The red with white stripes kind ;)

The red with white stripes kind ;)

Orange with white stripes kind! And I meant the reason that hydor now loves us.

Oh and Sarah if I make it to Lex Vegas anytime soon a $3 trip to home depot can clean up those edges :D

The what kind? I'm so confused, on my own thread.

Baby steps, Aaron, baby steps. I finally painted it, give me time to finish it up!

Pretty excited about getting a powerhead, it definitely needs more flow that that HOB.

Something has been going on with my feather duster today. I dunno. Is possible I'm paranoid. Did a bit of a water change because, of course, the fish (and all his poop and rotting food) spiked the nitrates... What else should I add for fish-food clean up?

I also have a tiny hitch-hiker snail cruising around, hope he's okay.

And I just saw my first copepod! HURRAY.

I was just letting you know, I wasnt calling you out! And cleaning up the edges is easy Sarah just takes some time. Get some brand spanking new razor blades and just keep running them flat accross the leftover silicone. If you scrape inside the tank make sure you catch the little bits of silicone before mr yellowtail does. Also with a 10 gallon make sure you aren't overfeeding those nitrates can get out of hand quick. BTW they have the exact same setup as you at Sandys (they have a rim on their tank though)

I was about to pick one up but got talked out of it by the guy at the fish store.... Kinda glad too. When he told me catching them was a PITA I was not having it.

I was just letting you know, I wasnt calling you out! And cleaning up the edges is easy Sarah just takes some time. Get some brand spanking new razor blades and just keep running them flat accross the leftover silicone. If you scrape inside the tank make sure you catch the little bits of silicone before mr yellowtail does. Also with a 10 gallon make sure you aren't overfeeding those nitrates can get out of hand quick. BTW they have the exact same setup as you at Sandys (they have a rim on their tank though)

Yeah... I'll get around to that. I'll be gone for Thanksgiving, so maybe when I get back. The rusty gross box cutter blade I had didn't really cut it. I still need to sand the top too so I don't slice my wrist. Living dangerously for now.

I got one of those yellow tailed damsels. I named mine The Great Devourer. To make up for his small size.

Mine seems to be slightly dumb... food has to be the right size, and at the right place in the water column... I got some pellets to try to see if it helps him out.

I was about to pick one up but got talked out of it by the guy at the fish store.... Kinda glad too. When he told me catching them was a PITA I was not having it.

The guy at our store didn't have any trouble, he just had to take the rocks out. Hopefully, I'll never have to catch him...

The nitrates did definitely go up. I did a bit of a water change last night, but I'll do even more tonight before I go on vacation, and rig up at ATO if I have the time (roommate will be around, but if you saw the state of her betta bowls, you'd be as worried as I am about leaving a new tank in her care for 5 days... fingers crossed.)

I still have no idea what you all are talking about.

Clownfish are damselfish. He bought an orange and white damselfish. He bought a clownfish. Aaron now owns a clownfish. There is a new fish in Aarons tank, and it is a clownfish, one that he bought. Okay?

Clownfish are damselfish. He bought an orange and white damselfish. He bought a clownfish. Aaron now owns a clownfish. There is a new fish in Aarons tank, and it is a clownfish, one that he bought. Okay?

... still not sure I'm following :P J/k

I'm emotionally wounded that you all went fish shopping without me. I feel like I've been cheated on.

Unrelated, I've been playing Godzilla tonight, destroying happy habitats, trying to get everything ready for me to leave tomorrow. Terrrrrified.

It's 3am, the night before I go on a 10 hour car ride, with two kids under the age of 5, to Alabama! So what am I doing? MESSING WITH MY TANK AND POSTING PICTURES.

Ok really, about to knock completely unconscious, but thought everyone should see the havoc I have wreaked.

First of all, I'd like everyone to see the growing pile of aquarium detritus at the end of my bed... Wtf.

P1050176.jpg

This stuff has to find a home.

And lastly, new scape! Harold is still hiding, everyone's still in shock, and it's a little cloudy, but I think I like it. It also makes Harry a neat little swim-through, if he ever comes out of his cave -_-

P1050192.jpg

That is all. Have a nice Thanksgiving guys, and I'll be back Monday, hopefully to a live tank :huh:

Archived