Top Shelf Aquatics

Wilioli's 20L Sanctum

Wilioli

thank you. the toby is temporary. it needs a 30g min tank, and i got it small. Id say year max in my tank.. but im sure i'll be getting it out sooner. But yea, the 2 clowns, the toby, i still have my heart set on a purple firefish -- and a colorful goby/wrasse. Not sure about the wrasse -- id like to try for a 6line again, but the rainford goby is very appealing. And then there's always the green banded that I wanted back in the 10g days.

Before the full stocking occurs a protein skimmer will be purchased.

option two is 3 chromis.

inverts: gotta get rid of the crabs! they are causing problems. After that im gonna go all out in snails, and a peppermint shrimp

The puffer may take care of your crabs and inverts. When they say not reef safe, I think, in regards to puffers it means not invert safe.

the tank is looking really nice tho.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The puffer may take care of your crabs and inverts. When they say not reef safe, I think, in regards to puffers it means not invert safe.

the tank is looking really nice tho.

thats what ive been reading... a lot of ppl stop at reef safe and say corals and inverts.. but ive been reading (in regards to puffers) that not reef safe mean snot invert safe...

and thank you very much

welcome, and how about for some new pics for us :flower: ?

Absolutely! A newish update: the ATO is amazing. Who would have known that stable salinity would do wonders in a tank... lol Everything to my eye looks more vibrant and growing. Im sure the zeo additives have something to do with it as well.

The bad news. Seems I'm going to be relocated approx 6 hours away from here.... And my hours will not allow me to take care of a reef tank... Very happy with this new job -- now wondering about my tank..!!!

Absolutely! A newish update: the ATO is amazing. Who would have known that stable salinity would do wonders in a tank... lol Everything to my eye looks more vibrant and growing. Im sure the zeo additives have something to do with it as well.

The bad news. Seems I'm going to be relocated approx 6 hours away from here.... And my hours will not allow me to take care of a reef tank... Very happy with this new job -- now wondering about my tank..!!!

Congrats buddy! Hobbies come second to jobs and when you get a good one...you take it!

thanks dude -- yea sometimes its hard to take a step back and call it a hobby, thats for sure! But ur right... I don't think I can stress this move with maybe's and maybe not's for the aquarium... ahhhhh :(

you can a) shut down and get settled, save all your equipment and restart when you get the chance or B) go minimalist and just run it off top off and feedings like I have my tank going. option b limits the types of fish you can keep, but its better than no tank at all. Congrats on the new job tho, where are you moving?

im pretty sure its gonna have to be shutdown... if i bring anything on this 6 hour journey i might as well bring it all.? plus, we live in a house... we're gonna be living in an apartment... etc etc.. I'm going to Ottawa, OUR NATIONS CAPITAL.. lol

but yea, the other thing is my hours are now gonna be insane.. argh, i think im denying the inevitable... tank shutdown!!! :(

Shame it has to be this way, but it doesnt have to end this way lol, I bet in the future you'll setup a great tank once again :)

Drop by this forum from time to time and see how others are doing!

thank you kindly -- ive learnt a lot and still have more to learn. I think I'll :ninja: around the forums and keep learning and following all you 20L :ninja: 's and newmanology and zen master markushka. Will take a few more pics and I guess call it a day! Until next time America! (Thats what maury povich says)

good timing newman -- im hoping that to be true in the future definitely. I'll definitely take things with more patience and get a skimmer sooner than later to speed up the 'taking things slowly' process.. lol

well why not keep all your equipment and go FOWLR for easier maintenance? I've tried to get out of sw a few times already, and not yet once have I succeeded lol.

hahaha -- yea i might do that.. but really all i have are the two clowns and the puffer. The puffer I feel ill get rid of, and the 2 clowns are not worth transporting for me. I will leave them here with a lucky reefer. if i do fowlr, i can focus on possibly nonreef safe fish, and for that i will keep equipment. But once i get to ottawa I will be way to busy to start anything for at least the first 6 months. It'll most likely be 80+ hours a week

And hopefully the senators won't suck next year!

I'd just get rid of the livestock and keep everything else tucked away in a closet until you get a free weekend. Then you can set it up and let it cycle for a while.

Then maybe add a few simple fish..just to keep things exciting.

hahahah, i was hoping there would be no senators comments!! thats gonna be a change -- to see such support for.. the.. SENATORS! lol

by everything else u mean live rock? I was thinking about keepin the rock.. just not sure how much that would.. smell?

hahahah, i was hoping there would be no senators comments!! thats gonna be a change -- to see such support for.. the.. SENATORS! lol

by everything else u mean live rock? I was thinking about keepin the rock.. just not sure how much that would.. smell?

You'd need to kill it off....by boiling it and soaking it in vinegar and then letting it dry in the sun for a while. I'd keep it though!

There are a few ways to dry it, you could just leave it outside, or put it in a bucket and then before you open the bucket, leave it outside.. most ways you cure it, it'll smell. When are you moving? you should keep the puffer, It'd be really cool!

FINAL FTS

finalfts.jpg

thank you everyone for ur kind help.. its been great!!

i think i might start a pico to keep the habit in check.. a 5gallon or something.. we haven't found a place yet.. but its gonna be a lot smaller than what we have now... even tho a massive tank will fit almost anywhere ;)... ill either go with a 4-8 gallon, or just do a fowlr

ill be lurking, and staying subscribed to those that I am subscribed to... :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

It really sucks that you have to tear this tank down... :(

Even if you don't have a whole lot of time to care for it on the move, I would still try to take it over. But at least with you going to Ottawa, there are some decent saltwater shops in the area, and eventually you could get your purple firefish.

:D ive blown up this purple firefish so much.. its the magical fish thats not magical at all.. but yea.. a fowlr might be easier..? get all the firefish IN THE WORLD.. lol

LOL... it is just funny that you look for a firefish all over your area and the guy I go to in Gananoque always has them.. had a couple the last time I went a week ago. LOL.. and the nice thing is, is that he picks orders up from Ottawa airport and can meet people there or elsewhere if you are looking for something specific, which is nice.

Actually, since you have an ATO on your 20L tank a lot of the work to balance things out should be reduced for you. Other than the transfer of the tank and rock, you should be able to set up a new one without having to spend a whole lot of time on it.

yea im looking forward to new and better sources there... You are right, with the ATO a lot of the work has been reduced.. but the daily 'on-call' will not be there once im in ottawa.. .IF anything were to happen and a water change was needed.. or even just the weekly water changes... I'm having problems getting to that now, and im only getting prepared to leave! lol And its the space thing too.. We're living in a house now. A house in barrie is not a house in ottawa.. lol.. And altho she did not say -- my wife doesn't want a tank reducing space in wtv rooms, unless its MINES (my daughter says that)!!!!

Its better this way... unfortunately

Archived