inTank Media Baskets

Wilioli's 20L Sanctum

Wilioli

puffer looks great.

the 20 looks dynamite. You really pulled off the "it looks bigger than a 20l" look

Thanks a lot dude -- for real -- means a lot!

puffer does tricks for my daughter.. its funny... i've been letting her feed him so whenever she comes to the tank he comes out and starts doin weird 'swimming strokes', and then when i get near he books it and runs... meh, im emotionally cold like that.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it does look like a valentini, they are really cool puffers. I may just copy you this summer and put one of these in with my lion. They shouldn't even get too big right?

thats right... max size 4" .. I just don't know how its gonna manage in my 20L due to flow! Its in the 10g and anytime it goes near the maxi jet (100gph or so) it loses complete control.. lol.. ahhh...

irondragon013

It should be fine with the more disperse flow in the 20L lol. The maxi jet is more of a jet of water. It is one crazy cool little fish.

It should be fine with the more disperse flow in the 20L lol. The maxi jet is more of a jet of water. It is one crazy cool little fish.

thanks, its so cool ! I hope to god i get lucky and it leaves my corals alone.. I put a small shroom that was growin in excess from the DT in the QT, as well as a tiny frag of xenia.. I'm gonna test it out.. lol.. see what it does..

And some other news -- got some corals.. NEBS.. don't hate.. They were from fragalot.. lol BUT... It was a pick up. He was in toronto meeting ppl who wanted frags, so we sent someone from barrie to do a pickup for a bunch of us.

Just temp floated, dipped, and put in.. looks good -- first time for these... Got a Purple eye acan, christmas chalice, just a reg purple favia, deep water zoos, blue eye maze and red polyp monti.

acanzoos.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

irondragon013

Nice frags. I'm loving all those LPS. I need to take a trip soon to a not so local FS that is supposed to have some decent prices. My LFS doesn't deal with many frags.

Nice frags. I'm loving all those LPS. I need to take a trip soon to a not so local FS that is supposed to have some decent prices. My LFS doesn't deal with many frags.

yea we only have one lfs here in my city and they deal with mother colonies..! Its still a good price, $40.. but for a massive rock filled with zoas that'll take up most of ur tank.. lol And the pests that'll come with it is another story... don't even consider them hitchhikers!

Bottom half of my tank is filled. top half is bone dry empty... need to move on to sps i guess...!

puffer!!! bah, i want one now -_-

Thats exactly how i felt everytime i went to the lfs to see the puffers.. more so for the cowfish. If the cowfish didn't have potential to nuke an entire tank it would have been that!

irondragon013

I did this ATO for my tank. I made a different mount for the switch out of stuff I had laying around. I work for me but I had to stick the relay box in my closet because it clicks quite loudly. Though it looks like you are planning on a pre-made type. I personally love DIY stuff.

irondragon013
yea premade all the way for me... i have no skills in DIY.. and by that i mean I am incompetent.

LOL. I have always been a tinkerer. Its too the point that I really shouldn't be left alone with tools for any length of time :P

thats good tho! thats the way ppl should be, that way you don't get ripped off for someone doing exactly what you do, and putting a nice emblem on it and charging you $300 dollars more for that..

was going to suggest a DIY ATO, but i see it was too late lol.

nice look to the tank man, I apologize for not having been following lately. but I is back now.

was going to suggest a DIY ATO, but i see it was too late lol.

nice look to the tank man, I apologize for not having been following lately. but I is back now.

no worries -- always good to have you around tho.. im still pushing for you to be mod!

So how is your puffer doing? Is he still happy?

I saw that you said you need to move on to sps ... come see me in Belleville, I have red and green monticap frags ready to go now.. a couple of them are on the same plugs.. even have one with a piece of green bottlebrush encrusting on it with a red monti. Then when my parents get back from the states, I am going to have a lot of mangrove pods available.. :)

i was just driving past there the other day... went up to ottawa for the nite.. u are not CLOSE at all.. lol puffer is doing great in the 10g QT... i put a mushroom in there, and a tiny frag of xenia, and it has NOT touched it.. so good sign? im also feeding it like no tomorrow.. so its pleasantly plump at the moment...

Dang... too bad we hadn't chatted sooner, could have met you at the walmart along the 401..

Yeah unless you are already planning on driving by this area.. I am definitely not close to any good stores.. minimum time I have to travel to get to a good lfs is 1.5hrs and that is to get to Gananoque. LOL.

yea it was real last minute -- but i had no idea i would be passing it on my way -- im not too quick with the geography... i remember ganonoque, lol, and then the 401 turned into 2 lanes, and that was.. argh..!

LOL.. yeah that is good and confusing around that area.. let me know if you go that way again.. I will give you Jim's address is Gananoque and you can check him out.

nice toby too. so what will be the final stocking in your 20 gal long as far as fish go? and what about inverts?

thank you. the toby is temporary. it needs a 30g min tank, and i got it small. Id say year max in my tank.. but im sure i'll be getting it out sooner. But yea, the 2 clowns, the toby, i still have my heart set on a purple firefish -- and a colorful goby/wrasse. Not sure about the wrasse -- id like to try for a 6line again, but the rainford goby is very appealing. And then there's always the green banded that I wanted back in the 10g days.

Before the full stocking occurs a protein skimmer will be purchased.

option two is 3 chromis.

inverts: gotta get rid of the crabs! they are causing problems. After that im gonna go all out in snails, and a peppermint shrimp

• 2 weeks later...

Archived