Coral Vue Hydros

ReefCleaners Rock Aquascaping Contest - Vote Now

johnmaloney

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're picking 10 tanks, then letting the public vote..

don't be lazy and skimp on the rules on the 1st post :P

im not, im saying that after it's all said & done that the top 3 tanks should be announced. Not just the winner.

but the timeframes are going to be changed unfortunately. I am still waiting on some judges picks. Still one week public voting, but I didn't realize the jury would be out so long. :)

Sorry guys, I've been swamped with schoolwork to do! Voting my picks right now! :)

You is a judge? :huh:

Yep

Edit: Just chose my picks. It was really hard. Awesome rockscapes!

lol... you are one of the first to send a reply! :) Sorry guys for the delay, I had completely forgot the judges would have lives, didn't even think of it when setting up the timeline. :lol:

I had completely forgot the judges would have lives, didn't even think of it when setting up the timeline. :lol:

whats a life?

OH, you must mean that fuzzy recollection of fun before I got married, got a real job, got a mortgage, got bills & a little one running around.

My personal favorites are all NRers and I can't wait to see them in tanks and maturing. They go like this (in no particular order): mastahluong, Justind823, and Dasani. They look great - simple and clean.

My personal favorites are all NRers and I can't wait to see them in tanks and maturing. They go like this (in no particular order): mastahluong, Justind823, and Dasani. They look great - simple and clean.

Aww.. shucks! thank you! ;)

up to 8 judges votes in.... :) They can't work all week.

Dasani, can you pm your entry code again? I was setting them up and I think I am missing yours...

up to 8 judges votes in.... :) They can't work all week.

Dasani, can you pm your entry code again? I was setting them up and I think I am missing yours...

Hey John, I never emailed/contacted you about my code. PM sent to you! Thanks again!!

We got them in! And your judges votes are:

b.i. - to be honest I dont know his screen name, just by his real name. I bet I think he is 2 different people

My top three:

1) mastahluong (nice overall scape)

2) dhaut (not too minimalist, not overpacked)

3) Tie: Mr. Gone, New Tank (a bit overly symmetrical for my taste)

3) Tie: JustinD823 (hard to judge among the others for its ultraminimalism)

animalmaster

1.cjones

2. elwenhomyeyer

3. Dasani

jacobnano from NR

I really liked the aquascapes of:

-Mrgone

-Cjones

And Dhuat.

redtop from worldwidereefers

cjones from 3 reef.....

oceansparadise from 3reef.....

tundrshaul from NR

mcallahan from ARC

1. dhaut

#2: mastahluong from NR

#3: elwehomayor from 3reef

martinreefer from pbmas

1.peredhill

2. dhaut

3. justind823

reefs4life from MR

takitaj from 3reef

cjones from 3 reef

dhaut NR

MP

The 3 I like the best are:

cjones

takitaj

dhaut

PeterD from MR

Dhaut NR

cjones

peredhill

cronomator

1st place-dhaut- "I love this aquascape This structure represents a perfect reefcrest environment. I envision this an sps tank filled with acropora's, montiporas and some birdsnest on the bottom."

2nd place- Mr. Gone. "This tank is matured. That is not part of what this contest was. What i enjoyed most about this tank is it represents most accurately what a diver views when he/she is diving. The rocks were well spaced out when the tank was young. It allowed the corals to grow nicely in later on as the tank matured as seen in the second picture."

3rd place- CJones- "Very creative aquascaping, there is lots of potential for this tank as this tank matures."

there were a few more i enjoyed as much(greg owen, kcbrad, elehomayor) but i had to make a decision based on aquascapeing alone.

Say congrats to our 10 finalists:

Dasani

tundrshaul from NR

mastahluong from NR

elwehomayor from 3reef

justind823

takitaj

peredhill

dhaut

Mr. Gone.

cjones

we are going to post that soon on a page on our site, link everyone to it and then let it run 1 week as scheduled, do the days are off, but there will still be a week of voting.

Archived