SaltCritters.com

Pomakantha Arena

n0rk

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. Staying here to do a degree in Marine Biology instead. Less money by a lot but I won't hate every minute of my life.

Pretty much why I'm staying, Chris. I'd love to go over there, sure, but this degree is worth a whole lot more to me in the end. I've got enough opportunities coming at me over here at the moment anyway, it's looking like I'll be working for Disney anyway, heh. Not a bad upgrade I guess?

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a new tank (60x40x20" external overflow with eurobrace) and skimmer (ATB "Medium" cone, think it's the same as the 12.5 in the US markets?) this afternoon. I'm scurred...

fishez4alivin

Very nice, looking at around 180-190G depending on glass thickness? And that is a great skimmer, in build quality, and silent operation, as well as being a beast for that new tank. Congratulations, with your career choices and your gift to yourself :D Can't put a price on true passion towards a career, sure makes getting up in the morning a lot easier.

Don't worry about the purchase, what good does it do now, after the order was placed?lol The tank is the cheap part, all the rest of the equipment, supplements, food, and livestock is at least double the tank cost...lol

Bought a new tank (60x40x20" external overflow with eurobrace) and skimmer (ATB "Medium" cone, think it's the same as the 12.5 in the US markets?) this afternoon. I'm scurred...

Don't be skurred, you can do eet!!

We're all rooting for you, you know that. :)

Very nice, looking at around 180-190G depending on glass thickness? And that is a great skimmer, in build quality, and silent operation, as well as being a beast for that new tank. Congratulations, with your career choices and your gift to yourself :D Can't put a price on true passion towards a career, sure makes getting up in the morning a lot easier.

Don't worry about the purchase, what good does it do now, after the order was placed?lol The tank is the cheap part, all the rest of the equipment, supplements, food, and livestock is at least double the tank cost...lol

The run level should be around about 182g from memory, so plenty big enough to have a good time with for the plan. The tank itself is linked back to the decision to go to university, they recommend their students have a tank... and well, what an excuse to kick a platform like this off? :)

The purchases are relatively minimal this time 'round thankfully, my lights will be an almost direct swap for my Powermodule, the sump/plumbing/other gear is coming with the tank, and the skimmer is payment for a job I'm doing... so, livestock is where I'm gonna feel the sting. I'm looking at about 2,5k in Anthias alone...

Cheers man, I hope I can live up to the hype :)

Don't be skurred, you can do eet!!

We're all rooting for you, you know that. :)

I do Weetie! It's good to have support!

Well I'm not. Im too jealous for any of it. ;)

Haha, jealous? You've got little to be jealous of, my friend.

That's a nice new look you've got going there, Ben. ;)

You're not so bad yourself there, ma'am ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, turns out I didn't end up getting the ATB... stupid people offering more cash than me :amgry: still penduluming back and forth trying to decide between closed loop and Tunze... between LED and T5 (I'm pretty set on DIY LED, I've been given an insane offer for all the supplies... enough to build a 200 emitter array for next to nothin'...)... and between BB and SSB... oh, and what skimmer I want... so yeah, I guess the best laid plans and all that... :lol:

Thoughts? Got plenty of time to decide once I pick it up (NEXT WEEK!!! :scarry: ) 'cos I still need to reinforce the floors etc before it gets wet and then cycle the tank using my patented LEAVE #### ALONE method...

• 4 weeks later...

Still a ways away yet mate, but the basis is there now at least. It nearly got called off less than 15 minutes before picking the tank up too...

Archived