Top Shelf Aquatics

Pomakantha Arena

n0rk

:unsure:

That's how I felt when I saw the pricelists... :lol:

sup Doc?

:eek: I got my 8x80w 60in for $1300.

Living on an island in the middle of the sea that has no reefing market sucks for about 95% of the stuff we need ;)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty much my stance. That's why I didn't before now. ;)

Also, first post updated to reflect some hardware changes. This should work very nicely...

Living on an island in the middle of the sea that has no reefing market sucks for about 95% of the stuff we need ;)

I hear you have some fairly decent looking livestock out dear tho, no? :D

... or should I say down there? :P

hey bud.

hurry this thing up. :P

:lol:

I cannot wait to see this one develop. This is my favorite of all of your designs yet.

Mine too Chris :) first system plan I've actually been happy with to be totally honest. I'd convinced myself that I was happy with the glorified frag tank as a display and using bargain basement LEDs to light it because it was "cheap" to run was satisfying, but really it was just burning me out on reefing altogether. This will admittedly take a lot longer to accomplish because of the obviously inflated budget - but at least the endpoint won't make me hate everything about keeping a tank... pretty good return I feel.

hey bud.

hurry this thing up. :P

Hurry up? Gotta get healthy first ;) this project I don't see getting properly swinging for around 12 months, which should give me sufficient time to, y'know, not be dead :P

I hear you have some fairly decent looking livestock out dear tho, no? :D

... or should I say down there? :P

Most of it goes to you buggers! :P but yeah, we do get some pretty nice Acro...

Because I've got the hookup, the most I ever paid for a large colony was $38. That said, wild has a lot of drawbacks I'm not a huge fan. A few others and I are going into a premium fragging collective here on the east coast to try and offset some of those problems... not sure how it'll take off but I'm hopeful :)

We get stiffed for some stuff, got it sweet for others. Hardware is where the biggest problems come in... I'd prefer to pay huge prices for livestock!

From my old 30g sumpless (and then the 20H sumpless I had which spelled my untimely crash 2 days after the last photo):

dscn0020a.jpg

dscn0026r.jpg

img7463n.jpg

img7461m.jpg

img7935j.jpg

img7951fg.jpg

Can't half tell the tank had been just set up in that last photo. I was a moron and added like 11 colonies or something stupid. Best way to lose a grand worth of coral in the space of 3 hours.

Incredible, though.

First time I'd ever tried to keep SPS. I was relatively happy with the success :)

I still love that 30g.

Any other fish besides the angels?

Hard to say at this point man. I had considered putting in a Butterfly (which are close enough, I guess...) or something, but right now its sticking as Angel-only. I might eventually add in some dithers like small Chromis or something. Maybe some more exotic Anthias (Pseudanthias flavoguttatus, Pseudanthias pascalus, Pseudanthias tuka, Pseudanthias ventralis, Pseudanthias parvirostris, Pseudanthias lori... they're all on the list...) or something. Either way, I want the Angels to be the focus of this display so I'll be thinking long before I stick anything else in there to steal the limelight.

I don't think that'll be an issue :) being paired they should be fairly interactive from the off, I don't think I'll really need dithers to essentially scare them into activity.

Visual update:

How the system should look in-situ (sort of...)

bedroom2k.jpg

bedroom1d.jpg

More CL madness (thanks to Rod (Rod The Reefer), Dave (davez104) and Michael (galleri3090) for their help)

clfixed.png

clfixed.jpg

The decision to go with a black skin on the stand as opposed to the white I've always been planning

blackstand.jpg

The stand as I've conceived it, likely need to change some stuff to allow for mounting of the Panworlds (yes, under the stand will light up either sky blue or red, yet to decide...)

shelved.png

lightsl.jpg

And how the system should hopefully interact with each component... (click bigger)

systemplan.png

At least, these are the hopes... :huh:

I've already got the 600 :) I'm not overly worried about breaking, the room remains hot enough 10 months of the year to maintain temperatures around reef ideal so they very rarely turn on. Probably throw a 300W Jager in as well, seeings I've got one spare.

Also, just made a big change to equipment list. 10 points if you can see what I changed... :bling::naughtydance:

Damn you and your being observant, AM! <_< got offered it at a ridiculously good price, so it's currently on the way from das Vaterlund as we speak. Should touch down and be released in about 4 weeks... :wizard:

Royal-Exclusiv Bubble King Supermarin 200. It's rated for about 2x my system volume (majorly conservatively...) so I'm really gonna need to dial back the skimrate. I coulda got a Mini 200 which would've been more ideally suited, but this thing only ends up being about $100 more and is twice the skimmer...

Archived