Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kalizean

I'm about to start culturing my own phyto and that has sparked my interest in a clam quite a bit. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a dorm room and can't really utilize my larger tanks at home. Therefore I'm tinkering with my BC8.

The stock list is pretty low: Xenia, Shrooms, Zoas, Pallys, GSP, and a Scolymia.

I'm currently running 54w of PCs and looking to upgrade. I'm thinking of a 150w metal halide from fishneedit but don't want to decimate any of my current livestock.

Essentially, would a 150w be too much for my current stock?

Defintely not.I have a 150 watt 14k m.h plus the 2, 18w actinics in my topless Biocube 8.Corals,and clams are doing great.

Temperatures are actually lower now than with running stock p.c bulbs.I do run a small fan though.

Anyway,in short,yes go with the 150 watt m.h.

I am using a 150W 20K bulb and everything does great ! I have mainly zoanthids and one clam, aswell I have blue LED for attinics. You should be fine with the 150W, I had a bit of a heating issue so I just hooked up some computer fans and make a bracket out of acrylic on the back of the tank and now there is no problem :)

hth

Archived