Innovative Marine Aquariums

Manhattan Penthouse Reef

dotc0m

damn that's a good looking left rock. i gots to have more pics. this thing full of SPS yet?

Thanks I made it myself. Nope. =( Works been so busy, just water changes and handling my stupid AWI Mighymite ####.

Some guy Don told me to add a 10 micron carbon block prefilter so that the chlorine gets removed because what's passing my 1 micron sediment is chlorine which could be clogging up my 5 micron inline carbon.

Having said that, I think somebody stole my zeta zorb .2 micron sediment from spectapure. I came back to my office after the long weekend and didn't see it come yet.

Hopefully it comes tomorrow. And i'm still waiting for my AI units...What do you think about adding the 10 micron carbon block? How come that BS didn't happen to you? I tried thinking of what I could have done to make it clog... I dont' flush it after use.. could that be it?

Meh

Edit: Oh yeah, I sold my onyx pair, and bought a pair of ultra A picassos, basically snocassos i think? I forgot all the names.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:whistles:

Put it together just before bedtime...night settings on.

photo-1.jpg

Finally got the maxcap spectrapure tracking tonight. I'm going to abuse my mightmite filters till then.

SpringFever

Those lights look like thrusters on a space-ship...

Totally digging the MP10 controler flopped on the ground :P

Everything is pretty much thrown in there: AI controller, RK Lite, and the vortech controller. I'll clean it up one of these days...

Oh it's worth mentioning, I'm getting a mystery wrasse... yay.

Another quick update/change today. Had a beautiful strong mystery wrasse delivered to my house an hour or so ago from one of hte local vendors. Had my ESV salt mixed and ready for a pleasant acclimation/replenish/waterchange while I'm at it.

Referred to, what looks like, a good photo thread by Jeremai that I hope to take advantage of this weekend with my DSLR. The thread can be found here: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190521

Hopefully this will be the last time I post up pictures from my phone.

MystWrasse.jpg

PicassoClowns.jpg

Rightside-1.jpg

FTS.jpg

Comments most welcomed.

DSC_1481.jpg

DSC_1475.jpg

DSC_1480.jpg

DSC_1474.jpg

FTS are def harder than it seems. I need to find out how to retain the colors that I see in person:

DSC_1459.jpg

Yes, I think I'm going to have to end up including the sexy lights in my FTS :)

New FTS and some random shots post-research on how to take/post pictures.

Enjoy.

Frags: Lokani, Garf Purple Bonsai

DSC_1486.jpg

Devil's Armor, Nightmare, Chong Bongs, Magicians, etc.

DSC_1485.jpg

New FTS 3.6.2011

DSC_1482NEF.jpg

I moved my MP10 today because I think one of my SPS was getting too much direct flow. The change of flow resulted in the pile up of detritus to flow out, and out comes Dhauts Pom Pom Crab, or at least it remnants/corpse. My mystery wrasse got to it, and I knew her tummy looked strangely bigger than usual.

Added Hawkins, Ponape, and Setosa from a local buddys tank.

I didn't lower it. I just strafed it towards the back of the tank to create a circulation as opposed to shooting it directly on the rock. I really do need to get my 2nd MP10. I had it at one point, but it was defective so I returned it and ended up using hte funds for something else.

If I get my 2nd one, I could dial both down to about 40-50% as opposed to bursting this one at 100%.

I have an MP20 in my 40 and I keep thinking of adding another mp10 or get the upgrade for the MP40. I keep the 20 at about 95% reefcrest and sometimes I dont think its enough.

So I kept getting some sort of film dust on the top right of my tank where the return was. I raised the level in my sump a bit to decrease turbulence from fuge compartment to return compartment, and this morning all the dust was gone. Any last trace of dust/microbubbles is gone. I actually have to note this down so I don't forget what to do if I see it again...

Having trouble feeding my Mystery Wrasse, I think she is feeding off the live pods that have been in there for so long because she's fat as hell. That and the fact she ate the hitchhiker of a pom pom crab, I've yet to see her eat during feeding time. Had to restock on my frozen food, and I hit up a pretty popular place that my local club goes to, thought I'd share, they only do phoen orders, and are very nice people, and cheap as hell as they sell in bulk. Probably out there already, but thought I'd reiterate.

http://www.jehmco.com/html/frozen.html

Made a screen this time in one piece instead of three as I was given. Did my weekly WC, and I believe I'm going to have to start dosing soon as my Ca is dropping a bit between water changes. I'll do it manually now, but sometime down the line I'll probably get a BM Doser.

Finally got the mystery wrasse eating. All she needed was some mysis. Weekly pics of changes during the week:

Top down showing screen. Thanks Dave for the poly netting. It came super fast in the mail:

Topdown1.jpg

Yasha Haste:

Yasa1.jpg

Picassos:

Picasso1.jpg

Picasso2.jpg

Mystery:

Mystery1.jpg

Coris:

Coris1.jpg

3.13.2011 FTS:

FTS2.jpg