Pod Your Reef

Manhattan Penthouse Reef

dotc0m

Great tank.

Taking off the eurobracing makes me awful nervous. That glass is thin as hell on those tanks.

It'll be fine. I took the cross brace off my old AGA 40H and never had a problem after 4 years. Gave it to a fellow reefer he had it for a couple years with no problems. 20 long doesn't have much depth so there is little pressure on the rim.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Deano - No Pistol shrimp. I feel the symbiotic relationship takes away from part of the personality I enjoy the most (the swimming part) :P. See below! Out in the open!

ir8inr.jpg

@zma21 - Lol, I'm with you brother, but I'm hoping the sample size that I've seen on the success rate of rimless AGAs are true to point

@dh :happy: I have polyp extension! I also have your tupperwear. My fiance wants to know what restaurant you guys got this from :lol:. I'll give ya a 2 head chong bong frag for the information to start up that little pico of yours and deliver it in your tupperwear lol.

• 3 weeks later...

So I upgraded to a 40Breeder and one of my assignments is getting this GHA under control. I inherited the GHA on the rock, and have begun yanking them off. My husbandry + time will hopefully make this vanish.

Here are the specs:

Tank: 40 Breeder

Lighting: ATI 24'' 4x24w (Looking to upgrade to either 6 bulb 24inch, 4 bulb 36 inch, or 6 bulb 36 inch)

Sump: Custom Sump

Return: Marineland Utility Pump

Skimmer: SWC 120

Flow: MP10, looking to add another.

DSC_1349.jpg

Left side (+ Dhaut's tupperwear, sorry lol)

DSC_1341.jpg

Right side:

DSC_1342.jpg

Some corals:

DSC_1357.jpg

Just got a pair of onyx clowns, upgraded my ATI fixture to the ATI 6 bulb fixture. =)

GHA getting under control. First water change today. Did some massive cleaning. Pretty soon I can start taking the corals off the sandbed and on to the rock work...

Pictures:

The new pair:

DSC_1392.jpg

Nightmares I believe:

DSC_1378.jpg

Red cap growing like weed:

DSC_1380.jpg

Chong bongs; I have a few frags of these:

DSC_1377.jpg

Magicians:

DSC_1373.jpg

Devil's Armor I think, they're my biggest colony of palys. And next to it I fragged off from the Devil's Armor one day a discolored polyp sprouted, and I fragged it off, ever since they've been reproducing the same way:

DSC_1376.jpg

Bringing this guy back to life:

DSC_1382.jpg

DSC_1359.jpg

Ordered replacement ATI Reflectors. Some of the ones from the 6 bulb fixture have rust and salt creep on them. Had to replace a fan as well. Good thing I got this thing for a steal of a price.

Grabbed my second MP10 for this tank, a second Phosban Reactor 150, and some rowaphos to go along with it.

GHA is slowly going away (thank god)

Deleted User 6

you should be happy to hear that my phosphates are around 1.0-1.4ppm. Anyone that isn't an idiot can keep phosphates lower than that, lol. That's why I had algae. I just tested my ro/di and it's showing 0.09 phos. Time for new filters.

Sigh. Lost my six line today. Saw him dry on the floor. Guess I'll use the screen the tank came with.

Remaining inhabitants are:

Onyx pair

Yasha haste

RIP six line...

Upgraded 6x24w ATI Sunpower to 8x39w ATI Powermodule.

Added yellow coris wrasse. Found a pompom crab, things def going to die lol.

Pics eventually.

2x AI Sols Super Blue in the mail. Bought it at vendors price from a buddy, barely broke 1k. Was the only way I could convince her. Hopefully pics by next week? Three day weekend.

Did some major hand dipping today and moved everything off the sand sinc eall GHA is gone. Added yellow coris wrasse to replace my suicidal six line =(. Skimmer is going nuts with all the epoxy in there. Selling my 6x24w ATI to fellow reefer.

I need to buy a photobox. I'm bad at taking pictures

FTS:

FTS21211.jpg

Left side:

Leftside.jpg

Right side:

Rightside.jpg

YellowAcro.jpg

Dendro.jpg

Gbnest.jpg

Starting a ric patch. Hope to slowly add more...

Rics.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived