ReefCleaners.org

gutterguys breeder,beer and bbq

gutterguy

Those corals from the auction look good. If you really want some nice rics I would check out coral morphologic. They have some nice rics and at a pretty good price.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's really not that bad from the auction. I was assuming that the bid prices and shipping was pretty steep. It's definitely an active way to get corals.

I just wanted to remind you that the top of your aquarium stand (granite slab) is definitely one of my favorite particular things on N-R.com that I'd like to incorporate into my next design. You're actually number one since I just started the list just now. Right now.

Looking forward to seeing those zoas grow some more!

Those corals from the auction look good. If you really want some nice rics I would check out coral morphologic. They have some nice rics and at a pretty good price.

+1.

Yeah, have checked them out and they are awsome!

That's really not that bad from the auction. I was assuming that the bid prices and shipping was pretty steep. It's definitely an active way to get corals.

It makes it fun, but could be easy to throw away bids and money

I just wanted to remind you that the top of your aquarium stand (granite slab) is definitely one of my favorite particular things on N-R.com that I'd like to incorporate into my next design. You're actually number one since I just started the list just now. Right now.

Seems like everytime I am first on a list I am #1, wont last long!

Looking forward to seeing those zoas grow some more!

+1

+1.

^^^

Man that is a cool misbar clown. My LFS has a pair just like that but not for sale but they are my favorits.

Might want to kill that aiptasia in the right side of the baboon zoa pic.. Just so it wont spread and cause future problems.

Man that is a cool misbar clown. My LFS has a pair just like that but not for sale but they are my favorits.

Might want to kill that aiptasia in the right side of the baboon zoa pic.. Just so it wont spread and cause future problems.

Yeah those misbars are from deathco, and have been doing great.

I put a peppermint shrimp in tuesday, but he hasnt touch it. If he doesnt get it by the end of the weeekend, i shoot it with something, I have about 4 that came in with some frags from a local.

Off topic, but WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

STEELERS WIN!!!!!!

That was a sloppy game but I will take it. The refs need to keep their flags in their pockets though.

That was a sloppy game but I will take it. The refs need to keep their flags in their pockets though.

Definatley some bad calls and bad no call, on both sides. At least I can watch more football the rest of the weekend now!

Thought they were going to give it away with that late hit and then that return kick.

Just read through your thread. This is another top notch build. I like where people are going with there aquascaping now days, looks good. I like your stand, especially the granite top. I think I might steal that. The only problem I have is my plumbing exits out the bottom of my tank not the back. I think the way you drilled your tank is a much better way to go just for ease of setup.

Sorry not a big fan of frag racks in the tank though.

Conch's rock! I would love to have a Hector's or Rainfordi goby in my 20 long but I fear it not getting enough food.

Thanks for checking it out Deano

Yeah the frag racks are only temporary, trying to get rid of all my frags now. I may set up my old biocube as a frag tank.

My hector has only been in there for a week and he has scavanged since the first day. When I feed rods food I will see him grab a piece of something and then spit out. Hopefully he starts taking some of it.

The drilling worked out pretty well, but if I had to over again I would probably go with the bean style. would have to research, but for noise and safety reasons.

gg

Just read through your thread. This is another top notch build.
I just looked through it too. I really like your build.

I'm replacing the overflow elbow (that came with my kit) with a tee, so I can mess with the hole size. I hope that helps.

:slap:

Yeah the frag racks are only temporary, trying to get rid of all my frags now. I may set up my old biocube as a frag tank.

My hector has only been in there for a week and he has scavanged since the first day. When I feed rods food I will see him grab a piece of something and then spit out. Hopefully he starts taking some of it.

The drilling worked out pretty well, but if I had to over again I would probably go with the bean style. would have to research, but for noise and safety reasons.

gg

BC frag tank, works for me. :D

I think you would have a better chance with the Hector then I, just due to your tank size.

Bean's a "hack", have seen all that crap he has in his 20L and that wiring. :slap: I keep telling him to move that stuff to a sump. :haha: Joking Bean's 40 b build is awesome as well.

Good news, I just fed the tank some Rods and was watching the hectors goby. hes was scavaging before i fed then when I put the food in the tank he went crazy, still scavaging but I noticed that there was no sand being sifted or spit out. I also did see him pick out two very small pieces of something out of open water.

Hope this keeps up.

Either the pepperment shrimp or the berghia nudi took care of the aptasia I had. It was there one day and gone the next.

Played around with my mp20 today, going for the back and forth with the short pulse. This is what i came up with. is anybody else using the short pulse mode on their vortechs?

Vid of the Hectors goby scavaging, hes doing this all day long. He has been eating small bits of Rods food too.

Boring video of my conch doing what he does

They are all very low quality vids plus just the actinics are on

Is the MP20 the only powerhead you have?

Yes, plus I have 2 returns with a SCWD that alternates about every 8 seconds

I want to compliment Reefcleaners on thier dry rock. I have had the tank set up since Dec 1. Less than two months and I am already seeing corraline alge on the rocks. I used very little of the old live rock I had.

Starting to color up

IMAG0577.jpg

IMAG0578.jpg

IMAG0579.jpg

IMAG0576.jpg

More corals from Coral Penny Auctions. This time I had just under $40 invested shipped.

Techno Orange Acan

This thing glows

IMAG0587.jpg

Green and purple Acan

My sexy has been on it for about 2 hours now

IMAG0586.jpg

Red monti cap

IMAG0585.jpg

This is my second order from them. Both have been excellent

I did a 5 gallon water change today. Tested the water b4 and after.

B4 water change

Cal 400

mag 1160

Ph 7.8-8

sg 1.027

dkh 8.2

all other test. read 0

after

Cal 440

mag 1320

Ph 7.8-8

sg 1.025

dkh 7

My reasons for showing this is In the past 2 weeks or so I have noticed that some of my zoas are not opening, or only a few will open. Its not all of them just my keds and reverse gn. Also my crocea clam had pinched mantle so I did a fw dip and it did not survive. And now it seems that my maxia clam is showing sighns of it. All other corals look great, metorshower and sunset are showing growth, acans are growing new heads almost daily, and my trumpet and frogspawn have new heads growing. All fish and inverts seem very happy.

It has been about 10 days since my last wc. Should I look into dosing something and what? Also I know that pinched mantle is caused by a parasite but how do you prevent from happening?

Thanks

gg

Played around with some settings on my Droid Incredible. Pics came out a little better than before.

Zoas

IMAG0612.jpg

Metor Shower

IMAG0615.jpg

Sunset

IMAG0616.jpg

Birdsnest and Red Monti

IMAG0614.jpg

Frogspawn

IMAG0617.jpg

Hairy Mushroom, GSP, cloves

IMAG0618.jpg