Innovative Marine Aquariums

5.5 bumble bee home

straydog

so youre saying that bees are not food specific? theyre just like owning sexy shrimp then? (minus the coral hosting part)

Yes and minus the eating of soft corals .

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added a few micro brittle starfish that I found in the ten gallon to the 5.5 . Before they were able to settle in to the sand one of the green fish swam out and made a meal out of one.

• 2 weeks later...

wooo, nice picture it should be made into your sig!

the ones in the center are palys not zoas, and what do you mean by cutting? can you define that please?

I cut into them about 1/4 of an inch from the base and slice down to the base where it is attached to the rock. When it heales it will produce new growth . I tried it awhile back on a frag that I had for awhile that never produce any new growth until I cut it.

2010-12-04_16-55-12_613.jpgI was finaly abel to get a decent picture of one of the green gobies with the tall top fin this one is starting to not be quite as shy during feeding time. The other one just darts out out grabs food then darts back.
Mr. Microscope

Wow! This tank looks awesome! Love those button polyps. Looks like the one you pointed out as becoming your favorite is turning blue. Very nice. How many bumblebee shrimp do you have in your tank? I wish I could find some around here.

Im only seeing 2 bumble bees lately originaly I had 4 not sure if there are only2 now or not. The green goby is diferent than others I have seen I have not been abel to figure out what it is exactly it swims upside down. How about a video of feeding time, this droid 2 is so much nicer than the black berry was.th_2010-12-04_16-56-04_449.jpg

Your tank it so nice! There's so much movement and life in it. I absolutely must have those blue orange skirted palys/zoos. Do you know what they are called? Are you going to frag them any time soon?

a lot of stuff for a 5 gal, very nice look to it. I wouldnt get any more fish or mobile inverts though, looks like a lot in there. does the cleaner shrimp bully anything? does he bother the bees from time to time?

The palys next to the tall blues came from orlando I've been trying to get back down there they had alot of them i'll keep you in mind and pick you some up when I'm down there next time. _________________ The only thing the cleaner bothers other than the zoes when he walks on them is the feather duster , but the duster tolerates it and lets the cleaner clean it.____________The cleaner doesn't bother the bees, they bother the cleaner then they run away when the cleaner wants to play.

• 2 weeks later...

everything is looking so healthy! I want to start dosing some plankton type food. What kind do you feed? I was thinking of reef fuel, or maybe trying reef chili.

everything is looking so healthy! I want to start dosing some plankton type food. What kind do you feed? I was thinking of reef fuel, or maybe trying reef chili.

I've been using brightwell aquatics micrvore twice a week along with frozen food and seems to keep the filter feeders happy. I have recently started feeding the lps shrimp pellets with 10 inch tongs. Some of the palys also take the pellets

I've been feeding frozen vitamin enhanced krill, along with pellets. All the corals love the krill, but only the yellow and green polyps will eat pellets.

I've been feeding frozen vitamin enhanced krill, along with pellets. All the corals love the krill, but only the yellow and green polyps will eat pellets.
I was watching a few Youtube videos of carls aquarium and they were talking about plankton and its uses but the time I used it I didn't see that great of results and it was hard to tell when it went bad.
  • 2 months later...

Archived