Top Shelf Aquatics

5.5 bumble bee home

straydog

nice clearer pic of the bee, now i can see what theyre shaped like :)

still pics are blurry haha, is this with a cell phone?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the new layout. What is that thing in between the rock formations sitting on the sand bed?

It's a flat rock I got last week I haven't decided what to put on it yet any sugestions?

Mr. Microscope

If it's just a rock, I'd get it off the sand bed. Open sand is good to have . You could stash the rock behind your other rocks until you find a purpose for it.

dont worry, ive littered my entire sandbed with rock rubble to have a more rocky bottom look, and i have not seen any diverse effects. if its covering the unsightly pvc then leave it as it is.

Stoped in Lakeland Fl at store on hwy 92 they have a grate selection of things I can't find anywhere else (the bumble bees came from there) pickedup blue zoe 3 heads, they fraged 4 heads of a green paly coloney for me and I also picked up a sailfin clowngoby.

The bees were being actives so I got a few pics utf-8BMmJlZXMuanBn.jpgthis one decided to pick on the pom pom utf-8BYmVlQHBvbXBvbS5qcGc.jpgI also was abel to add the new corals and fish will have to see how they are doing when I get back from Fl

Stoped in North Port Fl today and picked up some zoes and other softies from 5.0 reefer that he has for sale . Now I just have to get them home to see how nice they look.

The zoes from 5.0 reefer are the smallest I have ever seen . They are smaller than an eraser head also picked up a piece of kenya tree that went in my wifes tank started out about a half inch tall before in 24 hours it was over an inch. Also placed some more gsp on back wall .

I'm hopeing its out more when I get home it was on the gsp wall under the korill and couldn't get a pic before heading out to work

Siren's eye

Hows the feather duster doing? Do you supplement anything for it to eat? I was wanting to add one or two to my 5.5, but I wasn't sure they would get enough to eat.

BTW my husband's a driver too.

The microvore is a filter feeder food that I add for the corals and porcelains that the feather duster also benefits from , along with the mixture of frozen baby brine,reef plank ton and myasis . I turn off the filter then add the food and let the power head keep it circulating for about fifteen minutes. How far does your husband travel ? The feather duster is doing exelent its allways open

Siren's eye
The microvore is a filter feeder food that I add for the corals and porcelains that the feather duster also benefits from , along with the mixture of frozen baby brine,reef plank ton and myasis . I turn off the filter then add the food and let the power head keep it circulating for about fifteen minutes. How far does your husband travel ? The feather duster is doing exelent its allways open

How often do you add it? Couple drops a few time a week? I'm worried about destroying my water quality with that type of stuff.

He was driving 48 states for several years, but is now on a dedicated run out of Atlanta. Some nights he goes to TN others he's going to SC.

I add two ounces twice a week and wash out the filter a couple of hours after feeding. One ac 50 has macro , the other ac 50 has ac filter sponge and cemipure elite. Atlanta traffic can be a major pain.

I have had this zoe mounted on the side of the tank for four months now and it hasn't really grown or multiplied so I read that if you cut into it when it healed it will make new ones. I cut it two weeks ago last week I could see some thing but was not sure this week I'm sure two new ones so of course I had to cut it again to see what happens wallzoepaly.jpg

sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Thats nice looking zoa though...I cant resist green zoa's

Picked up zoe frag , candy canes, ricordia and a cleaner shrimp from 5.0 reefer. Think it will be interesting to see how the bees and the cleaner get along.

Archived