Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

5.5 bumble bee home

straydog

I started this adventure december 2009 with a 5.5 gallon tank 2 ac 50's nova extreme 18 in light 1 453 stunnet and a korilla nano . It has 4 lbs of live rock . 10 lbs of sand a few zoes and palys , mushrooms , 1 candcane, gsp growing on back wall . Inverts 3 bumble bee shrimp 1 blue porcelin , 1 anemone porcelin , 1 pom pom crab , 1 feather duster, 1 blue hermit, 1 red hermit , about 8 difrent snails, 1 penut worm, fish 1 green clown goby 1 neon goby. Every thing was bought in eather Georgia, Florida, or Tennesse . These are the states I drive In.utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjkuanBn.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope

Cool. I like all the inverts. Can you give us some close up shots. I'd love to see the bumble bees.

Nice Pico!! Is this in your truck? The GSP backround is gonna be cool.
its at home the whole setup and livestock came frome my travels. The neon goby rode for 3 days till I got it home.
wow thats really amazing :)

Left stewart Fl this morning , picking up in orlando Fl few minuts to kill so I went to lfs found some nice red pepole eaters they get to ride for a day or so.

This is cool!

How well do your BumbleBee Shrimp and 2 different Porcelain Crabs get along with each other?

I've thought of putting something like that in my 4g Pico.

I'm in Oak Ridge, TN, if you're ever coming through my area I can give suggestions of stores to check out and I sometimes also have frags for sale.

All the inverts get along grate together so far. The bumble bees try to be bullies but they know when to back down. I catch them every once in awhile riding on a snail. Thanks weetabix if get up that way ill let you point me toward the stores. I was in nashvill last week but didn't get a chance to look around.

I'm following!

Glad your doing this tank, I had 4 bumbles and they would carry eggs often they were on a 25 gal, I would see them once a week or so. I decided then to move them to the fuge and that was their doom. Now only on survived.

I'm following!

Glad your doing this tank, I had 4 bumbles and they would carry eggs often they were on a 25 gal, I would see them once a week or so. I decided then to move them to the fuge and that was their doom. Now only on survived.

My son sent me a pic of one of the bees utf-8BMDcxOTAwMTkwOC5qcGc.jpg

I don't know never seen them before badfish, guess ill see how they look after they come out of the dark of the cooler ? Thinking of doing a 50/50 dip with peroxide to see if it helps!

sounds like a plan. a freshwater dip will kill anything on it but if they are eggs. just keep dipping every once in awhile. nice bees!

I found a tiny green tourch and a single yellowisw green trumpt , also picked up another scarlet hermit in Newnan Georgia. I will make it to the house to drop them off then it's on to West Palm Beach for thursday morning delivery.

btw what do your bumblebee shrimp eat?

Myacis, reefplankton, babybrin shrimp I put a cube of each in a small container let it thaw then refreez . When I feed I chip off a small pice and drop it in (there are small white star fish in the tank also that never go near the glass I'm not sure if they have snacks between feedings)

wow so they eat other stuff than starfish?

They aren't like the harlequins, they like to eat the feet of sand sifting stars, but if there aren't any stars they will scaveng for what they can find.

Archived