ReefCleaners.org

Star's 15g contest tank

star27624

Wait until tomorrow or Thursday. Batteries are charging atm.

I am sort of surprised that the K1 isn't enough flow in a 15g tank. I can tell I have areas of low to no flow because of the stupid cyano that grows in between water changes. I don't feed much, so it is just dead spots where crap is collecting.

Just unsure of the placement of the MP10 since I have never used it, nor have I seen one in action first hand. I thought they had a broader type of flow than the korilias, which is why I was wondering if it would work on the back of the tank.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the MP10 going. Not sure I like the base driver unit, but it works just fine for now. The difference in the flow is amazing. I do have to dig some frags back up out of the rock work since I blew them out of their niches when I initially turned it on. Oops :)

You'll have to excuse the annoying algae, the bubble algae was a pita in the pico I broke down to set up this tank, and some other annoying algae came over on some corals I moved from the 29.

FTS

DSC02584.jpg

Maxis

DSC02585.jpg

DSC02594.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02586.jpg

DSC02604.jpg

Can you see the ones that are hiding?

DSC02602.jpg

DSC02608.jpg

Bad pic of the 2 that are in an awkward spot.

DSC02609.jpg

Gorg

DSC02587.jpg

Firefish

DSC02598.jpg

FeatherDusters

DSC02599.jpg

DSC02591.jpg

Macro that came along with a zoa frag

DSC02590.jpg

Not the best pic of it, but any ideas on what it might be?

Blue maxi is very nice. If it splits, keep me in mind, if you want to sell one.

Your cat has opposable thumbs also?? My daughter's cat can open child proof containers. She also likes to perch on tanks.

I will. Don't know of any maxis splitting on their own, and I am enjoying them so much as they are that I can't bring myself to even consider cutting them.

I haven't found any childproof containers opened by them, but they figured out to get in the closet that they could unscrew the knobs and thereby defeat the child lock I had on it. I have one that will curl up and sleep on top of the light fixture in the winter especially. Nice warm spot for a nap as far as she is concerned.

So I made the mistake of deciding to move the rocks around a bit to try to get the maxi nems to the front and improve the flow pattern of the tank. I absolutely hate how the tank looks at the moment. There are a couple pieces of rock that I want to take out, but of course those are the ones that have mini or maxi nems on them. The other thing is that I knocked my little lepestrea down and can't find where it fell too.

GRRRR....

I did get a new piece for the tank today, a frag of sympodium. However, when it arrived, the water was 85, an had detached from the frag plug. It has yet to open once I got it acclimated to the tank. I'm hoping it just takes a little bit of time to settle in

Thanks Mark. That makes me feel better since I am not happy with the rockwork after I rearranged to get the maxis to the front of the tank.

• 3 weeks later...

I really need to get the camera out and take some pictures of this tank. I never have gotten pictures of the goodies I got at the CORA swap. With my pup getting sick and then passing, I just haven't cared much the past few weeks about my tanks. Hopefully I will drag the camera out tomorrow and take some pics.

• 1 month later...

I haven't posted much on this tank for the past month. We had a tornado hit really close a month ago, and the tank took a really bad hit during the power outage that occurred from that storm. I have lost well over 3/4 of this tanks inhabitants. Every time I think the die off is over and things looking up, it seems another wave of die off starts. The water chemistry is finally staying fairly stable day to day, so hopefully it will stabilize and I can start replacing what I have lost.

This months FTS is a very sad one.

DSC02711.jpg

Last month before the storm

DSC02627.jpg

:tears: :tears:

Archived