Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Star's 15g contest tank

star27624

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, probably a day or 2. They will probably move around some as I start moving maxi carpets over in future.

As of last night they were pretty evenly spaced out in the tank. One on each end and one in the middle. The green clown goby couldn't quite decide what to do about the one in the middle as it was pretty close to his hidey holes.

No he won't. It was just funny to watch him last night. I haven't gotten to watch much today since we have had lovely thunderstorms all day with intermittent power.

animalmaster6

I remember one time. My Red Legged Hermit Crab and Tonga Fighting Conch came close to my gobies burrow. The goby started freaking out and opening his mouth to the cuc members. They snail and hermit stared at each other for at least a minute then the conch moved to the burrow and layed down on the entrance for a while :lol: I never saw my goby go crazy like he did when that happened. :lol:

That would have been a fun video. I was going to make a quick little video yesterday, but I have completely forgotten how to change my camera over to video mode. A definite tell on how often I use that feature.

Cool video AM. I miss my conch. Silly thing got stuck between the LR and the glass for a few days and I didn't realize it was actually stuck. Even though I did move it and put it back on clear sand, it didn't make it.

Yes they are, though mine could drive me nuts at night clanking on the glass as it went around the tank doing his thing. I still haven't figured out how he managed to get stuck in a place he had gone over or through many times in the 8+ months that I had it.

The process of moving my maxi minis and the rest of my mini carpet anemones over from their holding containers in the 29g tank has begun. No pictures yet as several are refusing to let go of the holding container, and it looks like crap in the tank. One of my orange ones has taken up residence in the back of tank where you cannot see it unless you are standing on a step stool looking down into the tank. Silly thing. My dark blue one has settled in with 4 of the minis right up front. I have 3 or 4 more in the 29 to move over. They will be the challenging ones since they are the ones that had escaped out of the holding containers and are firmly attached to the rocks. Then there is one more rock that has a lot of zoas and one morph of mini carpet to move. It is going to make me rearrange my rockwork a little bit to get it to fit in right. Fun fun stuff to accomplish one day that I actually have the time to spend elbow deep in my tanks.

Moving nems isn't bad when they are on a flat surface, but the ones left to be moved of course are going to be big pita's because they are attached to rocks.

I also want to move my flower anemone over, and it has attached to the bottom of the tank. So I am going to have to carefully siphon out the sand around it so that I can get to the foot to move it.

Good thing that I am planning on redoing some things with the 29g anyway.

Oh this tank is going to look soooo cool when those macros start to grow. I love planted tanks. ..almost as much as I love mini nems :lol::D

Thanks! I love both, so we shall see what this tank grows up to be. :)

Archived