Pod Your Reef

DBarsotti's Tank On A Hill

DBarsotti

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
soo thats the project you were being so secretive about!? that looks awesome..

haha... part of it.. it'll all come around in due time my friend.

here is what i did the other day. welded frag rack, this is half of what i need for the frag tank.. i painted it today

6bc1490d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know everyone is just waiting on the edge of their seats for me to update my thread since theres so many comments ... :(

hahaha

I'll update it anyway.

I took some top down shots the other day with my iphone. The color is WAY off and the stupid phone makes everything blue, but i thought it was cool to see the growth of the colonies

c75ac46b.jpg

eed5c566.jpg

cbdf53c5.jpg

4310bc02.jpg

d4286bcb.jpg

242e7f17.jpg[/

AMAZING

I hope my 20 long will grow like this, forcing me to upgrade to a 40B :D

this is by far 1 of the best tanks I have ever seen, both the 40 and 90. Can't wait to see the frag tank up and going!

AMAZING

I hope my 20 long will grow like this, forcing me to upgrade to a 40B :D

this is by far 1 of the best tanks I have ever seen, both the 40 and 90. Can't wait to see the frag tank up and going!

Thank you! I really appreciate it!

40breeders are really awesome tanks, they give you enough room to do some very interesting rockwork

The new tank is a 120g tho, I decided to go for over 100g because my coral collection is constantly growing :P

Yh I was going to set up a 40b. I had an mp10, light, and the tank is already drilled and sitting in our storage room. Brand new haha. I just decided that would be to expensive, so I sold the mp10 and light and got a 20 long.

I plan to keep the 40B and set it up when I move out in a few years.

Oops, for some reason I thought is was a 90g. My bad :lol:

NICE!

I don't think people comment, cuz there's nothing else to say...

NICE!

haha, well thanks for clearing that up haha

Yh I was going to set up a 40b. I had an mp10, light, and the tank is already drilled and sitting in our storage room. Brand new haha. I just decided that would be to expensive, so I sold the mp10 and light and got a 20 long.

I plan to keep the 40B and set it up when I move out in a few years.

Oops, for some reason I thought is was a 90g. My bad :lol:

yeah things can get pricey rather fast, at least you're thinking ahead tho for when you're ready to upgrade! ha

Great, natural looking scape there...sweet tank!

Thank you! I'm glad you said that because i was REALLY trying to make it look as natural as possible with the rock i had.

Thank you! I'm glad you said that because i was REALLY trying to make it look as natural as possible with the rock i had.

It looks awesome and plenty of room to grow out...gonna be sweet!

It looks awesome and plenty of room to grow out...gonna be sweet!

yeah i'm really stoked about all the room there is in there, the 40g was PACKED.

Now i just need to get all the dang frags off the sand bed and put them into the new prop system.

heres some more pictures..

Recently added this beast to the 120g

fd37c254.jpg

And for only running for 24 hours this thing is already starting to pick up some major crrrrraaappp..

9f2d31d2.jpg

I must say... it does look sexy in there...

dbfbfd9d.jpg

It skims pretty dang good.

a02134d5.jpg

c052c3c3.jpg

ad785905.jpg

dang d1 that looks tasty. hey how did that tang do in your 40 br? i need one to mow some gha really quick for me. or should i just get a sea hare.

I got that purple tang (Jager) when he was real small and he did really well in the 40g. he was in there for about a year but towrads the end of his stay you could tell he was getting cramped He started getting aggressive and freaking out a little, he even took out some anger on a shrimp one day and bit off all his whiskers..

Jager lives happily in the prop system now.

just found your build, looking good

Thanks!

LOL....Meister Jager!

Haha, yeah i thought it was a very fitting name for him

Awsome job on that 120g, your frag tank is looking very nice as well.

Thanks, Heres some super blue/offcolor iphone photos of the Prop system.

4f8bbab3.jpg

7bcc6274.jpg

a579246e.jpg

Archived