Cultivated Reef

DBarsotti's Tank On A Hill

DBarsotti

i have definately been on a monti kick lately. i will have to head over and check out the atlantis website to try and find some of the appleberry. let me know if you ever frag any of your unknown.

awesome top down shots, i love the sps sticking out of the water. and those baby cardinals are killer.

Thanks, I'll let you know if when it come times to frag the yellow one again. yeah Appleberry is a pricey little sucker but soooo damn awesome. hopefully i can start fragging mine soon :D.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe i can talk the wife into getting it for me. i'll just tell her she has spent more than that on shoes. it is an amazing monti.

maybe i can talk the wife into getting it for me. i'll just tell her she has spent more than that on shoes. it is an amazing monti.

ha, good luck on that road :lol:

Wow!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Your tank looks awesome and the close up shots of the polyps are awesome!

Much Appreciated, Thank you.

Got my new light yesterday for the upgrade.. Fedex broke the #### out of it and not to mention it is a total POS in the first place, but with a little love it should be good as new. Took it apart and started cleaning it, i'm going to replace pretty much all the rusted screws, fans, and there are few broken parts that need to be fixed (both ends were broke in shipping.

heres some pictures. First, how FedEx left it out my house, packing peanuts were all over my yard, what a bunch of worthless idiots. and the second, what it looks like now.

photo-56.jpg

photo-57.jpg

Wow, what a mess. I'm quite surprised that the bulbs didn't break during shipment. :mellow:

Yeah it literally looked like the driver dropped it off a building and then kicked a few times.

For someone who is always drunk, you sure did build a gorgeous tank. :P I want it.

:thumbsup:

For someone who is always drunk, you sure did build a gorgeous tank. :P I want it.

:thumbsup:

Ha Thanks, drinking starts friday at 5 to sunday.. The rest of the time i have to be "serious" or something..

thats really nice man great job!

side note, do you sell/ship frags?

thank you!

Sure do, shoot me a message if you're interested in something

• 4 weeks later...
The frag tank has mated pair of Bangii Cardinals that breed like rabbits. Heres some of the infants.

DSC_0130-2.jpg

Seriously that is awesome...as is the rest of your tank.

• 3 months later...

Um yes, hello. hi.

I haven't updated my thread is quite some time. Nor have i kicked martinis butt in wwf..

anyway.. thanks for the kind words...

heres a little update...

photo1-6.jpg

Cut the stand down, Added more beef and repainted it.

photo-66.jpg

photo-65.jpg

water test: holds water

photo-68.jpg

and now... for the move.. Had to drain the 40g.. Move it off the wall and set up the new 120g behind it so the tank could cycle.

photo1-11.jpg

photo2-31.jpg

photo1-10.jpg

photo3-21.jpg

photo4-16.jpg

photo5-8.jpg

photo2-30.jpg

photo3-20.jpg

photo-69.jpg

More pictures to come.. later..

Love the chick pic!

....... the rest.... meh -_-

+1 on that B)

cant wait to see how the 75 turns out

easy pervs ha

Thanks, But the new tank isn't a 75, its a 120g

more pictures!

Sorry bout that, I swear I saw 75 gallon some where lol. Anyways still cant wait to see how it turns out. Are you still planning to have a frag tank connected?

photo1-13.jpg

photo2-33.jpg

photo1-12.jpg

live rock for the 120 hanging out in the BC

photo2-32.jpg

Over then next month i used water change water from the 40g to fill up the rest of the 120g so water parameters were similar for when i moved everything over.

photo-70.jpg

Had this light laying around so i put it over the tank till i finsh the new hood

photo-71.jpg

photo3-22.jpg

Sorry bout that, I swear I saw 75 gallon some where lol. Anyways still cant wait to see how it turns out. Are you still planning to have a frag tank connected?

Ha, no worries. The tank has been up and running for a few months now and i'll get to the pictures here in a minute. as for the frag tank, it is part of the 120 system for now but it is being moved to the garage soon to become replaced by some bigger and better things.. we'll get to that ha

photo-72.jpg

photo-73.jpg

photo5-10.jpg

photo4-18.jpg

photo1-18.jpg

photo2-38.jpg

So the guy that sold me this light fixture is a total dead beat.. i had to rebend the entire hood because it was so bent the light shields wouldn't fit anymore (so much for it being in perfect condition) and i also added 2 new switches.

ddd387f7.jpg

1d8aaec7.jpg

dbdf8c0d.jpg

7aac72e1.jpg

20886a86.jpg

Light on the new 120g

9b408bcc.jpg

more pictures to come later!

heres right went i moved everything over from the 40g, took around 7 hours ha..

c94f0bf4.jpg

!Heres a video of the 120g!

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ok so I figured.. new tank means more corals.. and more corals means more frags.. so here is the new project i have been working on.

48x36x12

0a671210.jpg

5cdb697a.jpg

Archived