Innovative Marine Aquariums

Firefishbrain's S. Tapetum Species tank

firefishbrain

I wish you were in canada. I'd love some of those. I have a tapetum in my tank. The largest is 2 inches across , the rest are usually about 1 to 1.5 inches across. Stunnning colours.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
firefishbrain

Am- AGREED!

Sweet<3 - Thanks, and whadayamean scary??? lol

Cmador-Thanks a bunch, I really like the blues as well!

Sun-Come south.

Kev- They are all doing fine. I have only ever lost one nem from cutting, and tbh, it was in crappy condition from the time I bought it, so I took a gamble and lost.

I make 2 cuts, starting at the mouth and cut with a razorblade out. then turn it and cut from the mouth in the other direction. I like it better than guessing a line that might go through the mouth. I don't have to make perfect semicircles either.

firefishbrain

Yep, thats why my rock scape is composed almost entirely of rubble. However, propagation was a primary goal of this set-up, so it made sense to make every thing highly rearrangable.

• 3 months later...
firefishbrain

I left it at home this semester to focus on my crested geckos and dart frog projects. I'll be home for spring break in a couple of weeks (I get to work...wipee...... >.> ) and I'll be sure to post a bunch of pics then!

• 1 month later...
firefishbrain

sorry, I don't have the tank with me, its at home with my folks, I'll head home Easter weekend, clean it up and snap some shots then. I was going to do this at the beginning of March, but I have been absorbed in school and my reptile projects.

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Wow looks like I'm going to be reviving a dead thread but I was wondering if you still had this tank set up? I'm thinking about doing this with a 10 gallon and would really like to get advise from some one about the symbiosis relationships plus some added info on the maxi minis. Any info would be appreciated. :D

firefishbrain

I'd be happy to share anything i know! But i need more specifics regarding what you are curious about. I'd be happy to answer them here, or in a pm, which you can then publish in a seperate thread. If there is something i cannot answer, i recommend getting a hold of reefgoddess, what has been published in Coral Magazine.

Archived