Top Shelf Aquatics

Firefishbrain's S. Tapetum Species tank

firefishbrain

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
firefishbrain

Sorry Am, just been a bit busy. he looked the same as the other ones. And I mean looked because he didn't seem to make it... I'll post on the invert forum on Periclimenes at some point in the upcoming week. Well, at least its good to know, now hopefully mine will be the only 3 that get eaten by maxis. unless it was the sexies that stressed them and caused them to get eaten??? I seriously doubt the porcelains did it, cuz, well, they don't really do much and are complete push overs, they only have those claws to drop them when stressed by a predator. Another potential is that they didn't have the space needed to hide from the nems after a shed, I recall the liveaquaria "care sheet" saying that that after shedding they needed a short time to reacclimate to the nems via collecting anemone mucus on the exoskeleton to protect from stinging. Someday i'll have to do a small experiment to see, I just don't have the facilities to do it atm...

Anyways, just waiting for this Wednesday to roll around so I can move into my apartment for school and then nem slicing will commence! thanks for reading the wall of text everyone!

firefishbrain

Well, tomorrow (well I guess this upcoming morning...I need to get to bed) I move my set up and inhabitants down south for the semester with me, wish me luck! hopefully I'll be able to bum a camera and update with a new fts. By Friday, I will be planning on fragging a few of the nems, I'll have to do that after my music auditions.

firefishbrain

well, I got the move done and everyone is in. I just need to do a water change... there is actually an LFS down here, gonna hit it up tomorrow, so excited! Going on 3 years down here and I never knew lol.

• 1 month later...
firefishbrain

Been a while, been caught up with classes and such. I'm cut 3 more nems in half this past week, trying to get ready for the Midwest Frag Fest, hoping to be able to sell a few there, so I can get some more nems, I REALLY would love to get some of DiMartini's, however, I just got a chameleon... soo...

firefishbrain

update: Cut my "Red Ring of Death" (as I like to call it), my dark blue, my orange and a "watermelon". Trying to get in shape for Midwest Frag Fest in Rockford, IL. I am debating on getting a booth, depends on whether I can get someone to share a table with me/if I will have enough ready... I think I'll cut my mini's (those will heal fast), do WC, then tomorrow... my "Rainbow"...!!!!!

firefishbrain

yeah, that would be sweet! At the moment, I'm only looking for one more coral (for my 12g)-ORA Red Planet, but I can wait, seeing as I'm not home to enjoy it right now (down at school), that would be a better Christmas present to myself.

Pics will come someday... promise

• 4 weeks later...
firefishbrain

So, I made the trek to Midwest Frag Fest, I think everyone will be pleased with what I brought home. Pics will come as soon I trick my friend with the nice camera to come over!!! Also, keep your eyes peeled, once I figure out shipping procedures I may be offering some things up, been getting asked by quite a few people from the swaps I've been going to recently.

firefishbrain
Well if you ever want to do a shipping test feel free to use my house as an experiment :lol:

PICS! haha

OK! I've fragged almost everyone, so let me know what you like and I'll figure something out... just a matter if they are healed up.

Also, going to see if she's on facebook now... geez, there is no pleasing you guys...

firefishbrain

Hey guys, still no pro pics yet, but here is something to tide over a little, a nice top down I think.

100_1112.jpg

Oh yeah, Also, today I was bored, just sayin, :oB)

100_1113.jpg

firefishbrain

Close your mouth Am, its not polite ;)

So far, I've only lost one nem from propping, it was on the way out anyways... so I"m quite happy with my aquaculture efforts, but more with the many others that are participating in getting aquacultured specimens in circulation! So, everyone that sees this, WHY AREN"T YOU CUTTING NEMS RIGHT NOW?!?! LOG OFF AND GRAB YOUR RAZORS! GO!

(gets off soap box)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived