Innovative Marine Aquariums

My Biocube 29 build

floridian reefer

floridian reefer

added a strip of 24 blue 465nm leds wired to a cell phone charger cord for the moonlight phase, they match the original moon light color perfectly, the fight upgrade moved the 3 original leds to the back of the tank so it only lit the very back half at night, looked stupid but now the whole tank glows...

DSCN3077.jpg

put the two original biocube fan on the back of the lid, both blowing into the tank across the water, lowered temp about 4 degrees, wired to another cell phone charger cord and of same cycle as daylights.

DSCN3075.jpg

DSCN3076.jpg

DSCN3070.jpg

this fan ended up right behind the skimmer cup, but hey, its working.

DSCN3074.jpg

new aquatic life skimmer, has original cord :)

DSCN3073.jpg

fuge light, an end of a flashlight i wired to a battery charger cord.

DSCN3072.jpg

DSCN3071.jpg

and changed the location from room to living room

DSCN3067.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
floridian reefer
nice fan mods. i will have to do something myself, so far i have to keep the back lid cracked open :(

yea that sucks... i know. but this works well! 77.5 is a little high, it usually stays a 76 even

its was a quick and easy fix

Do you like your lighting upgrade? I have a BC29 also and am trying to decide how to upgrade my lighting...I have seen the upgrade you have on nanotuners but wasnt sure if it would be worth the money to get, or if i should spend the extra and get T5's, MH or DIY Led...are you thinking about upgrading your lighting again?

also, are your gorgonians hard to maintain? my LFS has them and i really like the look of them, but i read they can be hard to keep. im not sure how accurate that is because all the ones that I have seen are just laying on the bottom of tanks and seem to still be healthy...

• 3 weeks later...
floridian reefer
Do you like your lighting upgrade? I have a BC29 also and am trying to decide how to upgrade my lighting...I have seen the upgrade you have on nanotuners but wasnt sure if it would be worth the money to get, or if i should spend the extra and get T5's, MH or DIY Led...are you thinking about upgrading your lighting again?

also, are your gorgonians hard to maintain? my LFS has them and i really like the look of them, but i read they can be hard to keep. im not sure how accurate that is because all the ones that I have seen are just laying on the bottom of tanks and seem to still be healthy...

i love my lighting upgrade! and now they have PCR's!!! i think the best for me would be LEDs, get the shimmer without the heat. but overpriced right now! i think mh would be too much heat!!! with these four PC's i have 4 fans and its at 76. my gorgonian is easy i just use a turkey baster to feed frozen food and it gets squirted, i've already cut about 4 3" pieces off because it gets too big for that spot.

Is that some type of boxfish that you caught off of fort pickens,? How is it doing? I have never seen them down there before.

yea its a boxfish i caught in about 3ft off water at the ft pickens jetty. its doing food i think! its eating everything i feed including flakes! this is the first one i seen also, i havent been able to identify it tho, so any help would be greatful

• 2 weeks later...
floridian reefer
nice fan mods. i will have to do something myself, so far i have to keep the back lid cracked open :(

yea i had to do that for a while, but they fit perfect right were i put em and they work great!!i think it helps it get better air exchange above the water. i have one each way and it is 80 without em and 76-77 with and house set to 72. i have them on a timer to turn off with the lights.

Archived